The Fish

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?

We should be aiming for the top half, after the top 7 teams it's all up for grabs.

Have you strengthened sufficiently to achieve this?

We went through a few different systems and line-ups last season but we found the right one after Christmas. We had zero depth last season, we've signed pretty much unknown youth prospects again but Lamberts track record of signings so far is pretty fine so reasons to be confident. We have one of the better forward lines in the league and that's huge for the clubs in our section of the table.

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

Mesut Ozil, has to be. A wonderful player, the kind of No.10 both our sets of fans would love to see I am sure!

West Brom had a great season 2012/13, how do you feel about seeing your old enemy do so well?

Genuinely completely unphased. It sounds arrogant, but West Brom are quite obsessive over us, up until Birmingham went into freefall they were who i'd have called the enemy (though Villa fans older than my 23 years will probably say West Brom are the oldest enemy). Knew Lukaku was going, knew they'd invest little to nothing despite being in a position of strength, and that's what's happened. We won't be looking up at them again I doubt.

After a less than auspicious start but a strong finish to last season, what do you think of Lambert?

He's got guts. Lerner proved even after tightening the purse strings that in an emergency SOS he would be there (Darren Bent under Houllier), Lambert stuck with his young unproven squad and our finish vindicated that. We played v.well from Feb onwards. A weaker man would have brought back Dunne, Warnock, Hutton. Experienced (or proven shit in my view) players, but he recognised that their commitment was non-existent and his faith was rewarded.

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?

Agbonlahor-Since the new year he's played best football of his career to date.

Christian Benteke- No explanation needed, destined for the very top.

Fabian Delph- Over the injuries, and growing into the much touted Leeds prophecy

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?

Hard one to answer, I don't have a player in my mind who I think will under perform. I doubt Albrighton will get much game time, and I think Joe Bennett might pay for some of his dodgy performances last year

Aston Villa annoyed a lot of Newcastle fans when they had ready-made signs to celebrate our relegation. There had never been any enmity from ourselves in your direction but this classless display seems to suggest that your fansbase resented ours, what's the reasons for this?

Ah, that Ant and Dec sign ruined what was a casually pleasant friendship. I was at the game in question. I don't think there was or is any resentment, we have little cause to resent you. I think the nature of lots of fans means that you'd have got a similar reaction from most grounds. Personally, I didn't join in as I imagine relegation is tragic, and I really understood your frustrations that year with the ridiculous Keegan treatment from the board earlier in the year. Newcastle though, for whatever reason, are quite a disliked club. You'll find that most neutrals seem to quite enjoy the running Geordie soap opera, and you must admit, you give so much material. Take it as a compliment, fans always want to see a big club go down, people wanted us to go down last season and many neutrals confused me by glorifying when we were in our worst moments. Newcastle is a huge club and will always have haters.

Under Mike Ashley, Newcastle's ambition appears to be survival and nothing more, given that, where do you see NUFC finishing this season?

I fear for Newcastle. I think the way the club has been run is a complete joke, how that fat corpse Kinnear snuck back into the club I have no idea, he has no concept of modern football and him being in charge of transfers is easy enough explanation for lack of incomings. I gather Pardew is none-too-popular, but I think he's in a very difficult position at the moment. Your first eleven is quite good really, too good to be going down, but injuries could hit you hard. Keeping Cabaye was a big deal, and assuming Remy is not convicted for rape then he can hopefully do the work that Cisse really isn't very good at and lay the chances on for him. Bottom half, but safe. Ironically, I think your nearby friends Sunderland are in for a much tougher time with that utter clown they've hired.

What's your most memorable game against NUFC?

What else could I pick, I was a teenage boy on my first trip to St James, I need say no more than 2 names. Kieran Dyer. Lee Bowyer.

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

Baffling, amateur, and a slap in the face for your fans.

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?

Easy, Cabaye and Coloccini.

Finally, what do you think the score will be?

I think our forward three will win it for us, Benteke often bails us out. A close hard fought 2-1. No result would shock me greatly.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?

We should be aiming for the top half, after the top 7 teams it's all up for grabs.

Have you strengthened sufficiently to achieve this?

We went through a few different systems and line-ups last season but we found the right one after Christmas. We had zero depth last season, we've signed pretty much unknown youth prospects again but Lamberts track record of signings so far is pretty fine so reasons to be confident. We have one of the better forward lines in the league and that's huge for the clubs in our section of the table.

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

Mesut Ozil, has to be. A wonderful player, the kind of No.10 both our sets of fans would love to see I am sure!

West Brom had a great season 2012/13, how do you feel about seeing your old enemy do so well?

Genuinely completely unphased. It sounds arrogant, but West Brom are quite obsessive over us, up until Birmingham went into freefall they were who i'd have called the enemy (though Villa fans older than my 23 years will probably say West Brom are the oldest enemy). Knew Lukaku was going, knew they'd invest little to nothing despite being in a position of strength, and that's what's happened. We won't be looking up at them again I doubt.

After a less than auspicious start but a strong finish to last season, what do you think of Lambert?

He's got guts. Lerner proved even after tightening the purse strings that in an emergency SOS he would be there (Darren Bent under Houllier), Lambert stuck with his young unproven squad and our finish vindicated that. We played v.well from Feb onwards. A weaker man would have brought back Dunne, Warnock, Hutton. Experienced (or proven shit in my view) players, but he recognised that their commitment was non-existent and his faith was rewarded.

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?

Agbonlahor-Since the new year he's played best football of his career to date.

Christian Benteke- No explanation needed, destined for the very top.

Fabian Delph- Over the injuries, and growing into the much touted Leeds prophecy

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?

Hard one to answer, I don't have a player in my mind who I think will under perform. I doubt Albrighton will get much game time, and I think Joe Bennett might pay for some of his dodgy performances last year

Aston Villa annoyed a lot of Newcastle fans when they had ready-made signs to celebrate our relegation. There had never been any enmity from ourselves in your direction but this classless display seems to suggest that your fansbase resented ours, what's the reasons for this?

Ah, that Ant and Dec sign ruined what was a casually pleasant friendship. I was at the game in question. I don't think there was or is any resentment, we have little cause to resent you. I think the nature of lots of fans means that you'd have got a similar reaction from most grounds. Personally, I didn't join in as I imagine relegation is tragic, and I really understood your frustrations that year with the ridiculous Keegan treatment from the board earlier in the year. Newcastle though, for whatever reason, are quite a disliked club. You'll find that most neutrals seem to quite enjoy the running Geordie soap opera, and you must admit, you give so much material. Take it as a compliment, fans always want to see a big club go down, people wanted us to go down last season and many neutrals confused me by glorifying when we were in our worst moments. Newcastle is a huge club and will always have haters.

Under Mike Ashley, Newcastle's ambition appears to be survival and nothing more, given that, where do you see NUFC finishing this season?

I fear for Newcastle. I think the way the club has been run is a complete joke, how that fat corpse Kinnear snuck back into the club I have no idea, he has no concept of modern football and him being in charge of transfers is easy enough explanation for lack of incomings. I gather Pardew is none-too-popular, but I think he's in a very difficult position at the moment. Your first eleven is quite good really, too good to be going down, but injuries could hit you hard. Keeping Cabaye was a big deal, and assuming Remy is not convicted for rape then he can hopefully do the work that Cisse really isn't very good at and lay the chances on for him. Bottom half, but safe. Ironically, I think your nearby friends Sunderland are in for a much tougher time with that utter clown they've hired.

What's your most memorable game against NUFC?

What else could I pick, I was a teenage boy on my first trip to St James, I need say no more than 2 names. Kieran Dyer. Lee Bowyer.

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

Baffling, amateur, and a slap in the face for your fans.

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?

Easy, Cabaye and Coloccini.

Finally, what do you think the score will be?

I think our forward three will win it for us, Benteke often bails us out. A close hard fought 2-1. No result would shock me greatly.

Decent comments there