NUFC Fans Forum

Christmas Tree

that's your opinion; it's equally as valid as mine, though i don't agree with you.

in a democracy all are free to express their opinions

Plato more or less said that democracy was designed to waste time and give poor results. ;)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

128 people, 50% of which won't agree on what version of 4-5 different stances they want to put forward.

Sadly this is one of the downsides of the social media effect on things like this, "omg look at that we've got 6000 followers in less than a day and all these people tweeting how awesome it is!"... "what do you mean less than 2% of the people who were up for it turned up".

It makes "movements" seem like they're going to be bigger or have the muscle to achieve more than they can, Without a solid direction that you can form into a unified voice, it'll fail miserably, and even with that you'll be up massively up against it.

that's your opinion; it's good that you've thought of a justification for your inaction.

i don't share your opinion, but i recognise your right to hold it & i won't use energy to criticise you as a person for holding those opinions.

Cheap tickets, proper away allocations and a couple of decent strikers.

If the group sets out to achieve this I think 99% of fans would be happy.

What else do they want? Things like Wonga and Kinnear are going to be difficult to do much about without changing the ownership given the hatred of Llambias and the Sports Direct sponsorship had no influence.

come along to the next meeting and find out for yourself, or check the website out http://www.nufcfansutd.com/about-nufcfansutd.html

it's a democracy; people have different opinions.

what i advocate is different to what many others believe.

You mentioned a campaign though, while there will obviously always be differing opinions among members surely the group has to have an agreed set of aims for a campaign. What are those aims?

My justifaction for my "inaction" is my time is valuable and your cause is badly directed, the first meeting had a mixed agenda which ended in total farce, and your last meet had less than 150 people in it, if we had a bar, you'd struggle to fill it.

"one group stands up says a piece" crowd agree clap whatever

"second group stands up says a piece contradicting the first group" crowd agree clap whatever

If i'd been more impressed with the initial few meetings i'd have offered to host the site, and as i'd mentioned on twitter i'd have remade the thing as currently it has links that don't even work, little details matter.

anyway sure you've previously had a dig at me for not being a "real supporter" being an out of towner, so hardly a come one and all attitude is it ;)

you don't need to justify yourself to me you know

as i say, the campaign isn't over, so people can join whenever they want, or choose not to; if we fail, we fail, to quote the Scotch play.....

it's a shame you've decided not to offer technical support, but that's your choice

one thing you're completely wrong about is the last line of your post; i'm not going to the West Ham game, but i've 2 friends staying over that weekend from Roscommon & Kildare who are going - i've never, ever said anything about out of town support

anyway sure you've previously had a dig at me for not being a "real supporter" being an out of towner, so hardly a come one and all attitude is it ;)

He hounded me for days replying to every post of mine asking what grade I got in my degree in his attempted derision of my paltry 2:1

He's pushing 50 btw. If I was to attend a fans group it wouldn't be one this fucking oddball was promoting

He hounded me for days replying to every post of mine asking what grade I got in my degree in his attempted derision of my paltry 2:1

He's pushing 50 btw. If I was to attend a fans group it wouldn't be one this fucking oddball was promoting

i'm 48; 49 on august 11th, if you'd like to send me a card.

why do you insist on making this a personal crusade?

i think you'll find you were in a minority of 1 last time when you attempted to round up a cyber posse for an on-line lynching; perhaps you can learn from that.

let's stick to the issues please & keep the infantile name-calling out of it.

that's your opinion; it's equally as valid as mine, though i don't agree with you.

in a democracy all are free to express their opinions

Why would anyone go to a meeting to tell the people there that they are wasting their time and shouldn't bother. The realization that it is a waste of time would compel that person to do something more constructive with their night... Like eat some cheese strings.

So what you are left with is a group of men (mostly) agreeing with each other that action must be taken, none of whom will tell the rest that it's a waste of time and they have zero power to bring about change.

If nowt could be done as we were relegated why would there be stronger appetite for it now?

Why would anyone go to a meeting to tell the people there that they are wasting their time and shouldn't bother. The realization that it is a waste of time would compel that person to do something more constructive with their night... Like eat some cheese strings.

So what you are left with is a group of men (mostly) agreeing with each other that action must be taken, none of whom will tell the rest that it's a waste of time and they have zero power to bring about change.

If nowt could be done as we were relegated why would there be stronger appetite for it now?

presumably people who attended the meeting did so with an open mind; i can't possibly claim to know the conclusions of all those who attended, but only 2 people said they wouldn't come to subsequent meetings.

consequently i don't think it is accurate to state that people felt it was either a waste of time, or that we have zero powers to bring about change.

perhaps there is a stronger appetite for demonstration now because people are now concerned about the fate of NUFC; that's my perception, though i realise it may not be yours.

you have the democratic right to either join or ignore us......

do you? i think you should have attended the meeting tonight to put your point across. democratically, you could have influenced people to your point of view, if you'd been there

Democracy ? I thought you were a communist. Fucking prick.

presumably people who attended the meeting did so with an open mind; i can't possibly claim to know the conclusions of all those who attended, but only 2 people said they wouldn't come to subsequent meetings. consequently i don't think it is accurate to state that people felt it was either a waste of time, or that we have zero powers to bring about change. perhaps there is a stronger appetite for demonstration now because people are now concerned about the fate of NUFC; that's my perception, though i realise it may not be yours. you have the democratic right to either join or ignore us......

As Happy Face says you have no chance and you are a waste of time.

presumably people who attended the meeting did so with an open mind; i can't possibly claim to know the conclusions of all those who attended, but only 2 people said they wouldn't come to subsequent meetings.

consequently i don't think it is accurate to state that people felt it was either a waste of time, or that we have zero powers to bring about change.

Exactly. The only thing that everyone going agrees on is that something can and must be done. They spend their time agreeing on this and planning more meetings to agree about that and argue the details.

It's the same problem faced by the people's front of Judea. Perhaps the campaign should be to fight mike Ashley for your right to have babies?

i'm 48; 49 on august 11th, if you'd like to send me a card.

why do you insist on making this a personal crusade?

i think you'll find you were in a minority of 1 last time when you attempted to round up a cyber posse for an on-line lynching; perhaps you can learn from that.

let's stick to the issues please & keep the infantile name-calling out of it.

Yeah, you've just made that up. You badgered me to meet you in person so I told you the exact time and place I would be before the match if you were that desperate to speak with me. Funnily enough you didn't turn up.

My point is that you have 12 months of being a knacker on here under your belt. You can't just flip a switch and sudden become 'professional Gene' and expect people to forget all that shite.

I also recall you saying you went to more Percy Main games than you did NUFC games, which begs the question, are you doing this out of a love for the club or because you just enjoy a row about club politics and fancy leading this particular crusade?.

Exactly. The only thing that everyone going agrees on is that something can and must be done. They spend their time agreeing on this and planning more meetings to agree about that and argue the details.

It's the same problem faced by the people's front of Judea. Perhaps the campaign should be to fight mike Ashley for your right to have babies?

considering you don't go to the meetings, you seem to think you are very well informed; unfortunately you don't actually know what you're talking about.

the tired, lame "Life of Brian" cliche does you know favours either.

of course, the offer is still there; come along to our next meeting & express your opinions; we're a democracy & all opinions are welcomed.