Must see films

Happy Face

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscars are shit though, obviously, so here's a longer list, to reward eveyone that had a guess, of everything popular enough to get onto IMDBs list and arty farty enough to go on Sight and Sound. Get the ones you've not seen watched or your cultural knowledge is sorely lacking...

8 ½

Bicycle Thieves

City Lights

Fanny & Alexander

Ikiru

La Strada

M

Modern Times

Stalker

The General

The Gold Rush

The Grapes of Wrath

The Great Dictator

Wild Strawberries

Not seen the abvove. I've got The Bicycle Theives and M on dvd and I think Stalker downloaded. Not much of a Chaplin fan clearly.

I got all the Chaplin DVD box sets when they first came out. I must have been in my early teens. I've always liked him....and then you find out he was a nonce.

:(

That's happened to so many of my heroes. My dad being the biggest disapointment!

It's a shame there's no musicals put forward as we've probably all grown up with musicals as children and teens.

We also grew up with Round the Twist, Biker Mice from Mars and Wizbit, but I'd not put them on the list of "Must-See-TV" :razz: