We lack the key ingredients for the PL...

Park Life

There is little height, pace or power in this squad. Most PL sides overload on at least one of those attributes...We have little in the way of any..It's a small side without the key ingredients to really penetrate.

In 90% of positions we have individuals that would walk into 75% of teams.

Tactically though, we have no idea whatsoever how to play as a unit going forward.

Our only hope is to get back to being defensively solid imo, at least we have shown glimpses of being capable of that under Pardew.

In 90% of positions we have individuals that would walk into 75% of teams.

Tactically though, we have no idea whatsoever how to play as a unit going forward.

Our only hope is to get back to being defensively solid imo, at least we have shown glimpses of being capable of that under Pardew.

Yeah these wonder individuals nearly got us relegated. ;)

I think in general its a fair enough thing to say.

I dont think we're much different to any other mid table plodders in that regard though.

Other teams outside the top 6 have various plans. West Ham - powerful side with pacey wingers/forwards. Swansea - (small side with with pace and quick passing)...WBA had 3 pacey forwards last year and hit teams on the break..etc...The teams outside the top 6 all have some kind of core plan to hurt teams...Just sayin like..;)

I think we just lack players, the squad is far too thin, all our backup is championship level at best.

Let's see though, Pardew might learn and adjust to spite the guys above him, who are clearly trying to get Joe in and him out.

Going by brada though, he's not for changing. I actually liked his defensive tactics in his first season, building from the back etc and patient build ups. But it just doesn't work when the team is under pressure.

I hope we stay up this year, but think its going to be very difficult for pardew and co. If he keeps us up again, he's a good manager in my book. Getting us to where he did in the Europa with a second string was an achievement for me last year.

Other teams outside the top 6 have various plans. West Ham - powerful side with pacey wingers/forwards. Swansea - (small side with with pace and quick passing)...WBA had 3 pacey forwards last year and hit teams on the break..etc...The teams outside the top 6 all have some kind of core plan to hurt teams...Just sayin like.. ;)

Of those 3 examples West Ham didn't score any more than us. Swansea only scored 2 more, even with the individual brilliance of Michu. West Brom hurt teams more to the tune of 8 extra goals...but again, I wouldn't attribute that to any more than individual quality of Lukaku.

Of those 3 examples West Ham didn't score any more than us. Swansea only scored 2 more, even with the individual brilliance of Michu. West Brom hurt teams more to the tune of 8 extra goals...but again, I wouldn't attribute that to any more than individual quality of Lukaku.

League table doesn't lie.

League table doesn't lie.

I think that's a trite cliche. It does fib on occasion, like when we finished 5th recently ;)

..but that's neither here nor there because it's not telling any fibs in your example. For goals scored, we don't compare too badly to the teams you are contrasting us with. You're talking about how those teams set themselves up to hurt the opposition much more effectively than we do, but they don't hurt the opposition particularly more. Only WBA have an F column we should envy, but they had the leagues 6th highest scorer...Lukaku scored more for WBA than any of his peers at Chelsea scored at the front of a much better team. He was for them this year what Ba was for us before. The attacking table shows how we compare to the likes of West Ham favourably...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/attack/full

Where all 3 of those teams left us in the shade last season was in the defensive table...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/defence/full

I think that's a trite cliche. It does fib on occasion, like when we finished 5th recently ;)

..but that's neither here nor there because it's not telling any fibs in your example. For goals scored, we don't compare too badly to the teams you are contrasting us with. You're talking about how those teams set themselves up to hurt the opposition much more effectively than we do, but they don't hurt the opposition particularly more. Only WBA have an F column we should envy, but they had the leagues 6th highest scorer...Lukaku scored more for WBA than any of his peers at Chelsea scored at the front of a much better team. He was for them this year what Ba was for us before. The attacking table shows how we compare to the likes of West Ham favourably...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/attack/full

Where all 3 of those teams left us in the shade last season was in the defensive table...

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/defence/full

Do they do a posession table?

It's fukin witchcraft. How come our chances created is so high? :lol:

Looking at all that data there's nothing to worry about...I'll get back in me box.

Edited by Park Life

I think what we lack is motivation and a suitable number of tactical options.

Coaches and Manager need to address that, but I think that the general feeling of stagnation is down to the lack of recruitment.