Anyone have dreams of getting away from it all?

Park Life

Over the last few years I've been fantasising of getting an olive farm or an orchard of some kind in France or Italy and gettin the fuck out....Reading up on it tho it seems a bit hit and miss and might actually be hard work......:lol:

Anyone else have plans on the back burner?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I day dreamed of setting up a bar in San Salvador and living day to day, closing up whenever I fancied and pootling off round central america in a beat up (but mechanically sound) jalopy.

Then I remembered that Bar work is actually a ball ache and that I don't speak Spanish

I day dreamed of setting up a bar in San Salvador and living day to day, closing up whenever I fancied and pootling off round central america in a beat up (but mechanically sound) jalopy.

Then I remembered that Bar work is actually a ball ache and that I don't speak Spanish

:lol:

You only have to memorise the names of a few drinks man. Cervesa etc...;)

Mine is running a holiday home/gite on the Ardeche, except I fucking hate looking after other people. If they turned up and had given their kids twatful names I'd refuse them the booking. :lol:

Plan B- this time next year, become a tramp.

Mine is running a holiday home/gite on the Ardeche, except I fucking hate looking after other people. If they turned up and had given their kids twatful names I'd refuse them the booking. :lol:

Plan B- this time next year, become a tramp.

Gite's are ace. Although as you say, a certain kind of temprement is needed. Me and MrsP stayed in a couple this summer and the owners were really fantastic...Got a tour of the vineyard and the pressing plant and a couple of bottles of free wine. It struck me they were quite old and it did cross my mind to kill the pair (middle of nowhere) and take over...Who'd notice? ;)

Sell everything and buy a small collection of vines in Vosne-Romanee to become one with the pinot noir.

Live on a boat. Anywhere, even a city centre as long as the boat was lush.

Think you're the one person on here who could actually do it. Need a backup hobby (other than football) if you're in the countryside.

I would say I dream about this on a daily basis. The trick is to fucking do something about it though, which I never will.

This x 1000. :lol: Instead I just go about the daily grind and complain about how there must be something better out there.

I would say I dream about this on a daily basis. The trick is to fucking do something about it though, which I never will.

Is the correct answer :lol:

if I ever stopped being self employed, I always wanted to work in a video store.

highly ambitious, I know.

Sorry, but the Video rental industry is dead mate.

Sorry, but the Video rental industry is dead mate.

yeah, I was going to mention that I guess the closest I could get now is netflix, which doesn't appeal at all

yeah, I was going to mention that I guess the closest I could get now is netflix, which doesn't appeal at all

Could always sell collectable dvd sets. Steelbooks and the like?

Every day. Firmly in the Gemmill camp though. No balls, ill just regret it on my deathbed instead.

The euro crisis, umemployment etc has made property in Spain, Portugal and Italy very cheap right now. This might be our one and only window bro. ;)

Grass is always greener though innit?

Who knows for sure if tending to my olive farm in Tuscany would be more or less satisfying than the daily grind in and out of London?

Some people are brave, consider life is for living and too short to be a slave to a wage. The rest of us are cowards.