Newcastle United Legends - vs AC Milan Glorie

Tom

:lol:

Why don't we see more of this? very polite.

*takes bow*

...just trying to show this feral internet of ours some manners. :huff::lol:

I was going to say, isn't that nice?

And I was all for the NUFC-inflicting until "and Barcelona about 2 hours down the road". Defining what constitutes a deal-breaker when it comes to your kids and their allegiance is a personal business and all, but that's got to come pretty close. :D

(As for thinking about being a daddy, only very recently, really - and realistically it almost certainly won't happen, but still. I thought I'd told my brain what's what, but apparently even it can't override the tick-tock-tick-tock of the mid-30s. :lol: )

In all honesty, I don't think I'm going to be able to not push her towards supporting us...I guess I'll just be more understanding if she picks someone nearby-ish who may actually win (or even try and win) something in her lifetime.

I didn't have a body clock but MrsA most certainly did...! Now my daughter is here though I can honestly say she is the best thing ever. :wub:

When you say it (probably) won't happen, is that because it's hard for gay couples to adopt or purely because you are allergic to the minge?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree., Nikos the Greek ran him very close.

Fantastic, took my youngest to her first game last season for a 1-2 home loss to Swansea. Her face on emerging out of the bowels to see the pitch and the stands for the first time was priceless.

2012-11-17144912.jpg

(After she'd calmed down). :D

Also, another great big daawwwwwww!!! :wub: Lovely expression on her face!

Or maybe he's snuck back without telling anyone! :o

Nah his tweets demanding we sack the manager (like that'd solve a damn thing) are still coming from Texas.

When you say it (probably) won't happen, is that because it's hard for gay couples to adopt or purely because you are allergic to the minge?

To be honest, it's mainly because my fella really doesn't like kids. :lol: But aye, the practicalities would be an issue too (with either route!) and then there's the question of whether it's fair to bring up a kid in that environment in the first place, and so on. Anyway, for now I'm happy enough borrowing other peoples' and returning them again afterwards. Wait, that sounds bad...

I really enjoyed this game & found the atmosphere to be more enjoyable than the average home game in the last year or so. It was great to see some of the older professionals still displaying obvious class & when Coloccini makes his confident strides forward for us people would obviously think of a player like Baresi & players of that ilk, this was obviously confirmed by our players parting like the red sea as Baresi strode forward.

Obviously a couple of players were knackered with age but a few still displayed some good pace and intelligence but I suppose overall in a testimonial it's one for the kids to go to and everyone else can have a laugh really - it was just nice to have 50'000 people and some true legends in the same place for one of our players. It really was amazing to see that calibre of player come together for Harper. Madlini was still utter class, Di Canio was a great addition - fair play to him - he took it well when Barton snapped him too.

Pancaro, Oddo, Gillespie, Beresford & Asprilla looked the paciest lads on the pitch but the lads still playing like Barton & Nolan actually looked to have a turn of pace on that field which was funny.

It was interesting to see Solano play right mid and right back at the same time too - Beckham did that in a testimonial not so long ago because everyone's fairly knackered. Dabizas impressed me more than he did when he was playing too :lol:

Overall it was a great night for little expense & it all goes to local charities.

In addition to a great night at the ground a senior toontastic poster with ties to this football match ( ;) ) offered me a hotel room in the same hotel as the players.

So, with my rossoneri friend, went in and met half the Milan and Newcastle players. We had a lot of dutch courage but it was crazy meeting basically half the players from my childhood.

Maldini, Carbone, Mussi & Massaro were pretty friendly from the Milan team & although we only to spoke to Maldini for a minute we decided that was pretty much the correct time to leave him be. Some of the Milan players - who we ended up having dinner with by pure fluke - looked like they didn't want to be bothered so we didn't bother them. Van Bommell & Baresi shared a table to our left, Maldini, Ba & Carbone shared one to our right. Mind officially blown. :lol:

Luckily after what Jawd posted we opted against asking anyone for autographs.

Spoke to lots of Newcastle players, had a good drink with Gillespie, Ginola and Peacock & every now and then someone like Les Ferdinand would drop in. It was fucking insane. Talking to Dabizas about his derby goal and telling him how it won me £8.50 in a bet when I was a schoolkid. :lol:

It was also weird how many people's conversations would eventually get back to Gareth Bale!

Met Barton in the lift who was really friendly, asked him if he proper went for Di Canio and the answer is obvious. Wouldn't agree with me that Cabaye can't take a corner and would only say so much as ''he's a good player'' so we said best of luck and buggered off back to the bar.

Ended up having a couple of cups of tea with Kilcline over breakfast who is a really friendly, Intelligent bloke, who is also MASSIVE who just happens to live in the same village as my mate and drinks with his Dad. :lol:

So yeah pretty mind blowing - lots of thanks to Jawd!

Aye but I'm keeping them to myself ;)

Only really got a couple to be honest. I really didn't want to be THAT guy as people would be wondering what I was doing there and I didn't have a good reason to be there. :lol:

Aye but I'm keeping them to myself ;)

Only really got a couple to be honest. I really didn't want to be THAT guy as people would be wondering what I was doing there and I didn't have a good reason to be there. :lol:

howay Tom, just a couple? Don't Bogart them

Was that at the Indigo hotel? I park there on match days and assumed the players were going there after due to the 6 bouncers stood at the door to the restaurant!

Aye it was! :lol:

I had a room thanks to Jawd but my mate had NO right to be there. Luckily he was wearing black tie and speaks Italian.

Got loads of free drinks just by sneaking in the Milan area and waiting staff were so star struck they just assumed we were supposed to be there. :icon_lol:

Another interesting thing - the lad who I brought to the match who normally goes to San Siro was literally stunned by a packed St James' Park.

We were sat next to the press box and he was just staring up at the roof and into level 7. I'm used to it so it was funny to see!

It was a great night Tom. I took my mate down with me from work as I travel from Edinburgh. I was hoping Idols would have the usual low brow entertainment on but they didn't.

I had the same opinion, Nikos still looked as if he could play and so did Solano who could still whip in a ball and his first touch has not left him. I even think he could beat Guti to a place in our starting line up. Asprilla still had a bit about him as well. I found it funny I couldn't make out Nolan from the retired players because he was as big and slow as them :lol:

It was amazing to see us get 50k for our reserve goalkeeper as my work mates reminded me but it was good to see your childhood on a pitch right there. Maldini is still one sexy bastard! :wank:

My only disappointment was the Newcastle strip, I could not make out some of the players half the time because their numbers did not stand out at all.

Asprilla you're a soppy shite :D

well uh..maybe just a bit.... :blush:

To be honest, it's mainly because my fella really doesn't like kids. :lol: But aye, the practicalities would be an issue too (with either route!) and then there's the question of whether it's fair to bring up a kid in that environment in the first place, and so on. Anyway, for now I'm happy enough borrowing other peoples' and returning them again afterwards. Wait, that sounds bad...

:lol:

I'd like to say it didn't matter but I guess it depends on where you live to some extent. Inevitably in time it will be more commonplace though and loads of kids who are currently having terrible lives with hardly any love will get good families to grow up in....but saying all that, if your s/o's not keen then you're pretty much fooked! You'll have to console yourself with the extra disposable income and carefree lifestyle! B)

• 2 weeks later...