Newcastle United Legends - vs AC Milan Glorie

Tom

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gutted I'm missing this! had a visit from family back home over the past couple of days and took them to Kings Cross to get a train back to Newcastle - very tempted to jump on it and hide in the luggage rack!

Just checking, but this isn't on the box tonight, is it?

Edited by scotty84

Do canio best player by a mile

Atmosphere shockingly bad

Cool design hoardings great

Contrary to what others are saying, but it's a testimonial, you're hardly going to get full throated roars throughout the game when the opposition are "generally", well to put it bluntly, adored and they've brought no fans to bounce off.

20:49

Newcastle United subs - Kevin Nolan and Peter Beardsley to be replaced by Gary Speed's two sons (Ed and Tom). What a great gesture for the occasion. The crowd replying in kind!

Nice touch.

Contrary to what others are saying, but it's a testimonial, you're hardly going to get full throated roars throughout the game when the opposition are "generally", well to put it bluntly, adored and they've brought no fans to bounce off.

I'm not sure which "others" you're in contact with. I didn't make Shearers testimonial but heard the atmosphere was great. This was shit. Anyone who says differently was either in the Strawberry corner where the singing was taking place or had considerably more Erdingers than me.

Very disappointed both personally and for the players. I'd think hard before going to another similar event.

Credit on the night to Di Canio who played very well, got boo'd all night and heavy tackled off Barton.