Darren Bent

scoobos

Does anyone seriously want this player?

For me, his best years are already behind him and he's played for the Mackems too.

Dear me.

Couldnt give a stuff if he played for Mackems or not. I think he could do a job for sure. Id be pissed off if he was out only forward brought in but alongside someone else then aye.

I've said it before, Bent is a proper finisher but his age, wage and value all go against a deal. If we could bring him in for no more than £5mil and 50k a week it wouldnt be a bad deal. He should not in any way be the main striker through the doors though.

I'd be happy with a choice from Cisse, Remy, Bent, Gouffran, Shola and Campbell.

I've said it before, Bent is a proper finisher but his age, wage and value all go against a deal. If we could bring him in for no more than £5mil and 50k a week it wouldnt be a bad deal. He should not in any way be the main striker through the doors though.

I'd be happy with a choice from Cisse, Remy, Bent, Gouffran, Shola and Campbell.

So would I, but I think that's unlikely, can't see Ashley stumping up for two new strikers without letting Cisse go....we can all play fantasy football but you've got to look at who's signing the cheques. He spent a fortune in January and the club is on record as saying that at least two of those we brought forward from the summer so I wouldn't expect too much. Am not sure if we'll go for Bent, at 29 he's basically writing off millions and he's not done that in the transfer market. Wages would appear to be a problem with any move for Remy, so am thinking this may just be their agents feeding the red tops a line and seeing if anyone bites.

Edited by PaddockLad

Not necessarily, surely they must have already known that Benteke was likely to leave and Lambert still froze Bent out of the first team squad in pre-season.

So would I, but I think that's unlikely, can't see Ashley stumping up for two new strikers without letting Cisse go....we can all play fantasy football but you've got to look at who's signing the cheques. He spent a fortune in January and the club is on record as saying that at least two of those we brought forward from the summer so I wouldn't expect too much. Am not sure if we'll go for Bent, at 29 he's basically writing off millions and he's not done that in the transfer market. Wages would appear to be a problem with any move for Remy, so am thinking this may just be their agents feeding the red tops a line and seeing if anyone bites.

Aye but we never got Remy in the January, a few times it has been said that we still have that money aside for a striker, so, with the new tv money is it really that big of an ask for ashley to buy a second striker for around 5mil?

I'd like to think they see it like that.

Does anyone seriously want this player?

For me, his best years are already behind him and he's played for the Mackems too.

So did Jackie Milburn.

Insane that 50k per week is being talked about as if it's a bargain. Football just needs to shrivel up and die like my balls.

:o

His wage demands are a joke, partly why Villa want rid.

He'd score goals though, no doubt about it.

And for that reason he would be worth the 50k a week.

Have to agree with Gemmill however.

not sure where he'd fit in. i can't see us buying him as our main man to play alongside cisse - they're too similar. and he's not good enough to replace him. he's a good option off the bench but probably a bit pricey to play that role for us.

The wage demands and the length of contract he'll want are putting me off him.

He's 29, so his next deal will be the last lucrative contract he'll sign before it all goes downhill. I'd definitely have him here if the price was right, but I'd much prefer Remy and a younger, more unproven striker.

Aye I'd rather Remy (as long as he's not actually a Rapist of course). Bent is a good goal getter like and I've always rated him but like Jon said the contract length he might demand would be the sticking point for me, late 20's/early 30's is often seen as a strikers best age so long as the strikers main attribute isn't pace mind. I'm surprised Lambert is pushing the bloke out as hard as he is especially with Benteke agitating to get away, is there any news stories of Bent being a bellend? he always come across as an ok bloke to me.

The thing with the Remy deal is if it's true about that whole Taylor swap deal I'd sack that one off.

Aye I'd rather Remy (as long as he's not actually a Rapist of course). Bent is a good goal getter like and I've always rated him but like Jon said the contract length he might demand would be the sticking point for me, late 20's/early 30's is often seen as a strikers best age so long as the strikers main attribute isn't pace mind. I'm surprised Lambert is pushing the bloke out as hard as he is especially with Benteke agitating to get away, is there any news stories of Bent being a bellend? he always come across as an ok bloke to me.

The thing with the Remy deal is if it's true about that whole Taylor swap deal I'd sack that one off.

Especially given that we passed on Douglas. I'd be ok swapping Taylor and £6m for Remy if we had Colo, Mbiwa, AND Douglas there as back-up.

And Remy was bought by QPR for about £8 million, meaning that either we're paying well over the odds or valuing Taylor at just £2 mil.

It's probably all bollocks anyway though :)