The first team squad - Season 2013-2014

Anorthernsoul

Looking at it we do have a good starting 11 on paper (when we are on form). We are in need of at least one striker, possibly two. A creative midfielder and another CB. Personally I think we will bring in one striker and a midfielder, leaving us short at the back again.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't short at the back at all. Colo staying confirms this. If we can upgrade on Williamson however...

A pacey well rounded winger, a creative central midfielder and two strikers is what we need.

We aren't short at the back at all. Colo staying confirms this. If we can upgrade on Williamson however...

A pacey well rounded winger, a creative central midfielder and two strikers is what we need.

you know willo has left right?

Taylor already said he doesn't want to leave, I think this is more about his agent being a thundertwat.

IMO we need 5 or 6 players:

1. 1st choice striker - Aubameyang
  2. 3rd/4th choice striker - Austin
  3. 1st choice Wide creative midfielder - Scott Sinclair
  4. Rotation Central Creative midfielder - Marvin Martin
  5. Rotation Wide creative midfielder - Will Hughes
  6. Dominant Centre Half - Douglas

we don't want to be offloading too many players imo. the only ones i wouldn't be too bothered about losing are williamson and gosling. squad's too thin to be losing too many more

I can't believe anyone thinks we've got a good first team. 3 of them are liable to injury, 1 cant seem to get fit (arfa) , and we have absolutely fook all cover anywhere that I know of , unless we are talking unproven "potential" players like most of our midfield.

I'll chance my arm tho and pick

Krul

Deb Colo/Mbwia Taylor Haidara

Sissoko

Arfa Cabaye Santon

Cisse Gouffran

The more shit we offload the less chance of Pardew picking them.

Given we are not in Europe we should be fine as long as we get a striker in.

Ideally would also like someone who can play right wing, but other than that I think we have quite a bit of versatility in the squad.

That's not to say I wouldn't welcome anyone who improves us.

Ideally would also like someone who can play right wing, but other than that I think we have quite a bit of versatility in the squad.

"we should be fine as long as we get a striker in"..... If we buy fookin Van persie we'll still be in the shit. How many long ball headers will he score? Our team last year was just woeful at getting the ball to strikers feet - seriously I must have been watching a different team. Since NUFC's original entry into the Premiership I struggle to think of a season with so many consistently awful performances (even Ruud's team was better).

In Spain they call you El Stupido.

And who, pray tell, are the shit we need to offload? Which players can we lose from our already thin squad?

Names dammit, give us names! ;)

"we should be fine as long as we get a striker in"..... If we buy fookin Van persie we'll still be in the shit. How many long ball headers will he score? Our team last year was just woeful at getting the ball to strikers feet - seriously I must have been watching a different team. Since NUFC's original entry into the Premiership I struggle to think of a season with so many consistently awful performances (even Ruud's team was better).

Your confusing style of play with players. We have enough quality players to play a better if the MANAGER should choose to do so.

And who, pray tell, are the shit we need to offload? Which players can we lose from our already thin squad?

Names dammit, give us names! ;)

Well Im not upset at the loss of Perch or Gosling and the Ameobi brothers can have a free taxi to the airport as well.

Quite interested to see if Streete can make his way to the bench and also whether Vuckic ? finally delivers on his early hype now that he is fit again.

And remember, we are really talking about a squad good enough to get around 8th, not Champions league.

lol. 8th with that team, I wish I had your optimistic thinking.

It's going to take a miracle to even see us stay up this year. Ashley learns nothing and continues to make mistakes. I mean , with no knowledge at all anyone would struggle to make the CONSISTENTLY bad decisions NUFC has.

8th , seriously? Have you seen who the "lesser" clubs are buying and who we are buying?

Did you see NUFC last year struggle by using these unproven unconditioned players for 1st teamers? Streete for gawds sake.

lol. 8th with that team, I wish I had your optimistic thinking.

It's going to take a miracle to even see us stay up this year. Ashley learns nothing and continues to make mistakes. I mean , with no knowledge at all anyone would struggle to make the CONSISTENTLY bad decisions NUFC has.

8th , seriously? Have you seen who the "lesser" clubs are buying and who we are buying?

Did you see NUFC last year struggle by using these unproven unconditioned players for 1st teamers? Streete for gawds sake.

So which teams below 8th can field a better team than....

Krul

Debuchy Mbwia Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye Sissoko

Ben-Arfa Cisse Marveaux (or Goufran)

With a bench of

Elliott, Taylor, Haidara, Anita, Bigi, Gouffran (or Marveaux)

It's all about strikers init. :)

Now of course we all want more and better but it's not as bad as some gloom and doom merchants are painting it.

All in good humor, but we'll never agree on that.

We can't field that team, its fictitious. That's the same team we had last year, they are not robots and we can't expect all 11 to be fit.

I'd also reckon that nearly everyone has a better team than us, the table never lies. We were almost the worst of those that didn't go down.

We need 4 or 5 players in, not players out. For years we've suffered a slow but guaranteed erosion of our first team , with many players - right back to the start of Ashleys campaign - sold and not replaced.

We're still needing replacements for Lovenkrads / Barton / Williamson / Simpson etc as far as I'm concerned. You need at least 17 FIRST TEAM QUALITY players to compete in this league. Kids breaking in should find themselves on the bench next to someone who narrowly misses out on first team (e.g Sissoko / Tiote, only 1 can really be played in DMF) - what we have is young prospects entirely populating our bench. Which other club does that , other than those that get relegated (and even they didnt).

I'm sick to the fuckin back teeth of seeing us disgrace ourselves in cup competitions (especially Europe) and take offense to anyone who thinks that Europe was too much for us last year - it was too much for us as they give it fuck all value, didn't buy in and it sets an awful example of us to Europe.

Who the hell would want to come to NUFC if they'd seen how we throw trophies away every single year.

I'm sick of us doing this every year and the hopelessly optimistic geordie fan spouting how things will change next year.. Why do we want to throw away every cup to face a relegation or mid table battle at the end. Win something FFS.

heh, end rant.

Edited by scoobos

Well Im not upset at the loss of Perch or Gosling and the Ameobi brothers can have a free taxi to the airport as well.

Quite interested to see if Streete can make his way to the bench and also whether Vuckic ? finally delivers on his early hype now that he is fit again.

And remember, we are really talking about a squad good enough to get around 8th, not Champions league.

I'm not willing to offload Sammy yet, as I think he's got some raw potential there. I'd rather farm him out on loan for a season and see how he fares. Shola... well Shola is of an age that he'd rather take a pay cut than move to a mid-level Championship club to sit on their bench. He's part of the furniture now and I don't imagine we'll ever see him pull on the shirt of a different club. However if bids of a sufficently impressive weight came in for either I'd not be gutted to see them go.

So that's 2 players you'd be glad to see go, but your previous post suggested there were a few that you'd be happy to see the back of.

My point is that while

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Santon

Tiote

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA ------------------Gouffran

Cisse

is a good 11 and certainly capable of 6th, it's not a team that'll take the field too often.

Elliot

???? Taylor Streete Haidara

Anita

Vuckic Jonas

Ameobi ----------------Obertan

Campbell

This team would have us relegated. The gap between 1st team and 2nd is massive imo. Only Taylor, Anita and Jonas wouldn't look massively suprising if they appeared on the teamsheet.

Now, tell me again how we need to get rid of a few players and only "really" need a striker?

Is willo definitely going like? Cardiff?

-In that case we will need another CB. Unless AP thinks Streete, Satka or Mbabu are ready to be in and around the first team squad.

I'd love to see us bring in a 1st team winger but i cant see us spending the money required to push Jonas out the team. Even then we dont know what system we will use. Will be go back to 2 striker? 442? Or will they want a striker who is equally comfortable play wider in a 433 with Cisse and Ben Arfa. That would be my choice.

--------------------Krul

Debuchy---Taylor---Colo---Santon

------------------Tiote

---------Cabaye-----Sissoko

---Ben Arfa---Cisse---???

SUBS: Elliott, Haidara, M'biwa, Anita, Jonas, Gouffran, ???

Reserves: Alnwick, Tavernier, Streete, Mbabu, Satka, Dummett, Bigirimana, Gosling, Newton, Vuckic, Marveaux, Obertan Shola and Campbell.

Sammy and Fergie will go back out on loan.

Surprised you're so supportive of offloading the incapable cover like Marveaux and Ferguson. Remember though... Pardew doesn't buy the players... he just gets what he's given.

In Ben Arfa's best position?