Putting a bike back together

Gemmill

At the risk of sounding like CT with daft questions, I have a mountain bike in a box. I transported it back from America almost 10 years ago, and have never had it out the box since. I got it boxed in the shop cos I didn't know how to do it.

How easy is it gonna be to put this thing back together again? I had a bit of a look last night and it looked a bit difficult so I put it back in the box.

I'm gonna get a Haynes book on looking after a bike tonight and am hoping that that will guide me through getting this thing sorted. Are there any tips or things I should definitely do before trying it out?

Fuck knows why I'm even typing this shit out for a load of sarcasm.

At the risk of sounding like CT with daft questions, I have a mountain bike in a box. I transported it back from America almost 10 years ago, and have never had it out the box since. I got it boxed in the shop cos I didn't know how to do it.

How easy is it gonna be to put this thing back together again? I had a bit of a look last night and it looked a bit difficult so I put it back in the box.

I'm gonna get a Haynes book on looking after a bike tonight and am hoping that that will guide me through getting this thing sorted. Are there any tips or things I should definitely do before trying it out?

Fuck knows why I'm even typing this shit out for a load of sarcasm.

Hmmmn, a tricky one this. Why don't you try-aha-ha-ha-ha-ha, no sorry I can't keep up the serious pretence. :lol:

(Take it to Halfords etc, I would).

;)

If it's a basic bike without any suspension or disc brakes then you should easily be able to assemble it - though I'd put new tubes in and as someone else said probably new tyres. Anything "fancy" and I'd take it to a decent shop.

Is that shop still there at South Gosforth near the metro station? - if so I'd recommend them.

I'm too lazy for anything technical bike related......like fixing a puncture. If anything goes wrong with mine it's straight in www.ridecycles.co.uk on Scotchy Road. They'd put it up for you for 20 quid I guarantee.

Going out at 8pm tonight, but between 10 and 7, I'm doing what I call the geordie/mackem route, its 85 mile but its a goodun, Newburn-Newcastle-Howdon-Jarrow-South Shields-Sunderland-Chester Le Street-Stanley-Consett-Slaley-Hexham-Wylam-Newburn. If anyone feels fit enough, you're welcome to join us, we'll be having beer at Wylam though mind.