Here we go again, Ashley "wants" to sell.....

scoobos

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will he bollocks, no buyers, just appointed his own man at DoF role, doesn't need to sell.

It's just a media reaction to the fans meeting, I reckon.

How does the club owe Mike Ashley £267M as stated in that article?

"Recent figures released by Deloitte showed that the debt owed by the club to the Sports Direct owner stood at £267 million"

"Recent figures released by Deloitte showed that the debt owed by the club to the Sports Direct owner stood at £267 million"

I'm not sure, but I think it's because he's a fat cunt.

A chronically misleading statement....if he wants to sell the club he'll be looking for that as an asking price, which is a very different thing.

A Lee Ryder-Evening-chronically misleading statement....if he wants to sell the club he'll be looking for that as an asking price, which is a very different thing.

FYP

Ashley has never truly cleared the debts of the club, he's just moved them from one place to another - from the banks to his back pocket, essentially giving us an interest free loan that doesn't need paying back unless the fat cunt leaves. Okay, so we're not paying interest but it't pushed the asking price for the club up to an unrealistic sum from what I'm reading there, nobody is likely to buy us any time soon... I wonder what happened to that Anil Ambani chap or the Sultan of Brunei ;)

Ashley has never truly cleared the debts of the club, he's just moved them from one place to another - from the banks to his back pocket, essentially giving us an interest free loan that doesn't need paying back unless the fat cunt leaves. Okay, so we're not paying interest but it't pushed the asking price for the club up to an unrealistic sum from what I'm reading there, nobody is likely to buy us any time soon... I wonder what happened to that Anil Ambani chap or the Sultan of Brunei ;)

Doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

If he hadn't paid the loan off, any buyer would pay £x but know that they're also inheriting a whopping big debt.

With the debt being wholly MA's, there's room for negotiation with any buyer. Let's be honest, if a buyer can't afford to pay the loan off in one go, they probably shouldn't be looking to buy a PL club.

Make no mistake, NUFC is in a far stronger financial position from not having the massive Barclays loan.

:)

But seriously, the whole "hes paid off debt" thing is bollocks. He hasn't - if he wanted to pay it off he'd make a cash donation / injection of the money and not put it as a loan.

Same as Chelsea (826mil ) we have a bill to ashley rather than a bill to a bank. The chelsea stat really makes me smile inside, Abramovich has them totally by the short and curlies. That debt is unpayable imo.

To be fair though, by him doing that he has saved the club substantial amounts of interest etc. So he has given some money, but not out of his pocket at all.

If Newcastle goes close to bust he can genuinely just strip all the assets and take the cash I think - that said, there's no way in hell Newcastle Council would ever sanction any redevelopment on the ground if the club closed down. I think they're really good at protecting the club and do all they can.

Edited by scoobos

Same as Chelsea (826mil ) we have a bill to ashley rather than a bill to a bank. The chelsea stat really makes me smile inside, Abramovich has them totally by the short and curlies. That debt is unpayable imo.

Most of the debt owed to Abramovich has been converted into equity. Similarly the club doesn't owe Ashley £267m in the form of traditional loans. I'm not sure why Deloitte are using the criteria that they are, probably because it catches the eye more than the figures normally used.

Doesn't make any difference whatsoever. 

If he hadn't paid the loan off, any buyer would pay £x but know that they're also inheriting a whopping big debt.

With the debt being wholly MA's, there's room for negotiation with any buyer.  Let's be honest, if a buyer can't afford to pay the loan off in one go, they probably shouldn't be looking to buy a PL club.

Make no mistake, NUFC is in a far stronger financial position from not having the massive Barclays loan.

While less exposed to financial ruin we remain in a worse financial position.

More debt.

Less commercial income.

Less match day income.

hoo man its so people will believe it

Give or take, that figure will be based upon £134m to buy the club, £110m spent on debt and a spending spree when he arrived and £23m that was pumped in following relegation.

Total £267m.

He took back £11m in the last set of accounts though and is due to take back £18m this year. So even if that was the case, it should be down to under £240m soon.

Maybe that's his plan longer term, keep taking money out of the club until the amount he'd want for it is low enough that someone might actually pay for it, and subsequently he'll get the fuck out like he's wanted to for years.

Would explain why he doesn't care about how well we do, seemingly only about bringing in players to sell at a profit. I guess the sooner this all happens, the sooner he's gone.

Edited by Rayvin

Apparently the money put in to cover relegation was on different terms to his original investment. That was always repayable following promotion. Don't believe the rest of it is... at the moment.

While less exposed to financial ruin we remain in a worse financial position.

That's your opinion, but I don't agree. We were technically insolvent before Ashley bought us. If Shepherd had stayed in charge we were facing almost certain administration.

We were technically insolvent before Ashley bought us. If Shepherd had stayed in charge we were facing almost certain administration.

I agree.

I don't see what Ashley done with the club that makes us more of a going concern though? He's personally had to cover the growth of debt during his reign. The fact Shepherd couldn't afford to is why I agree financial ruin was more likely. The fact Ashley can afford to doesn't make the books much more attractive.

Basically, he could afford to cover the losses until TV money grew to be enough to cover them.

We would have been far more fucked if Shepherd had stayed and I hate Ashley.

Shepherd was like a drunk gambler throwing money at increasingly riskier options to try and claw back the losses.