Wimbledon 2013

Meenzer

:lol: What a cunt.

Exactly what I was thinking, still I'm not keen on tennis, wank sport. Anyone thinking this is a British success clearly hasn't been around many jocks - they fucking hate the English, Auld enemy this, sassanach that... I remember living there during world cup and euro cup tournaments and both times their national press do everything they can to knock the English, let alone the general populace, shit they'd buy Argentina shirts rather than get behind the English. Still, we're a weak nation, the English, forgive anyone for hating us or just turn a blind eye.

Congrats to the jock twat for winning.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I was thinking, still I'm not keen on tennis, wank sport. Anyone thinking this is a British success clearly hasn't been around many jocks - they fucking hate the English, Auld enemy this, sassanach that... I remember living there during world cup and euro cup tournaments and both times their national press do everything they can to knock the English, let alone the general populace, shit they'd buy Argentina shirts rather than get behind the English. Still, we're a weak nation, the English, forgive anyone for hating us or just turn a blind eye.

You know the best way to disarm all that? Actually fucking enjoy the victory yourself. It only isn't a British success if you're a silly bitter English cunt that won't let it be.

I've met plenty and they seemed to like me alright so maybe it's not them that's the problem?

Djokovic seemed below par, and the tournament seemed a bit empty to me without Nadal and Federer in the latter stages. But you cant take anything away from Murray. He was up for it today.

I'd like to know why he didnt thank Kinnear in his post match speech though, he obviously made him the player he is today.

Brilliant, brilliant win today. So pleased for Lendl too as Wimbledon is the one he didn't win and he's been a massive influence.

I'm just over the fucking moon :)

Really enjoyed that and can't quite believe how much it seemed to ebb one way and then the other.

Massive will and determination from Murray and puts most of our fanny footballers to shame.

*heads off to eBay for tennis equipment*

today is the greatest day of all of our lifes because andy murray the best scottish tennis player that england has ever had has become the first man to win the wimbeldon championship cup final in nearly 100 years. i loved it at the end when he was putting the trophy on top of his head but my best bit of all was when it was at half time and andy murray was pretending to be a puppy and he was running around the crowd and he was jumping up on to people and he was going under peoples chairs to make them laugh and then a man came out of a tunnel with a microphone and he said that all of the children in the crowd was allowed to go on to the tennis pitch at half time to stroke andy murrays back and have their pictures taken sitting next to him holding a tennis ball and i dont think that there is any other tennis player in all of the world who does things like that for other people and it shows what a kind and sensitive man andy murray actually is and i know that his mum will be so proud of him today and i think that in our hearts we are all andy murrays mum and he will always be our son whether he loses or if he has won and i think that if it wasnt for andy murray then most of the people in britain would have just given up by now and killed themselfs so thank you andy murray for giving us all hope and making us realise that life is actually worth living after all and whenever i see someone smile in the street from now on i will always be reminded of this beautiful day that andy murray smiled for the very first time as he lifted the wimbledon championship cup high above his head and he became the champion of each and every single one of our hearts. Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

1005179_544219365636691_1296611629_n.jpg

As a professional sportsman, Murray wipes the floor with most footballers tbf.

True, but he's immersed in an entirely different culture. He's been coached to be a professional since he was ten ffs. Most footballers don't have that luxury, nor an entourage of coaches etc planning their every move. That's changing a bit now with academies (especially the way Barcelona do it) and so on but most footballers don't have the direct guidance in the way that young tennis players do. There's something bloody odd about how people identify supposed world class potential in seven year olds iyam.