Stampede in Saudi!

Smooth Operator

dont be so ignorant... faith is blind

78554[/snapback]

Indeed - and Islam has a lot to teach other faiths about accepting people of differing cultures and colours

78560[/snapback]

Are you being sarcastic Rob?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

78554[/snapback]

Indeed - and Islam has a lot to teach other faiths about accepting people of differing cultures and colours

78560[/snapback]

I don't see Islam (at least the way many interpret it) as being any more or less tolerent of other faiths than any other religion.

apparently the stampede was caused due to a half price sale at the catapult store, the shop owner is said to be furious as he has now been lumbered with even more fuckin black widows!!!

:yes

78544[/snapback]

Top drawer, already alienated myself at work by telling them that one!

78554[/snapback]

78560[/snapback]

Are you being sarcastic Rob?

78566[/snapback]

He's being omniscient, I imagine.

78554[/snapback]

78560[/snapback]

I don't see Islam (at least the way many interpret it) as being any more or less tolerent of other faiths than any other religion.

78569[/snapback]

I think it is actually, although I agree it's a massive generalization. They don't descriminate on grounds of race though, but the sexism is obvious. No, it's hardly a tolerant religion.

78554[/snapback]

78560[/snapback]

The Koran actually tells people to respect Christians and Jews as followers of abrahamic faith. And attack unbelievers.

78554[/snapback]

78560[/snapback]

The Koran actually tells people to respect Christians and Jews as followers of abrahamic faith. And attack unbelievers.

78578[/snapback]

Shit!!!! :yes

*dons tin hat and battens down, ready for attack*

But many Muslims (particularly those of a fundamentalist viewpoint) see Jews as the enemy, which rather proves my point regarding how they interpret Islam.

But many Muslims (particularly those of a fundamentalist viewpoint) see Jews as the enemy, which rather proves my point regarding how they interpret Islam.

78584[/snapback]

Fundamentalism is the problem I suppose, regardless of the religion. There does seem to be more fundamental muslims though than other faiths, but that could be me being swayed by a biased media I suppose. Anyway, bollocks to the lot of them.

78584[/snapback]

Fundamentalism is the problem I suppose, regardless of the religion. There does seem to be more fundamental muslims though than other faiths, but that could be me being swayed by a biased media I suppose. Anyway, bollocks to the lot of them.

78587[/snapback]

Also, the point KKG makes though, if that's in the Koran, it's not exactly tolerant of Hindus et al is it? I do realise that, historically at least, the Islamic Empire that spanned lots of Europe in Medieval times was gernally very tolerant of other faiths.

It happens every year. At least they now through stones at a wall rather than a pillar. 10 people died last year because of wayward throws. probably shouldnt allow lasses to join in with that like :yes

78296[/snapback]

Have you ever seen a girl throw something far enough to injure someone, let alone kill? :P

78310[/snapback]

I was the best spin bowler my school ever had I will let you know.... I could knock a gnats gonad off with one eye shut !!! :yes

78317[/snapback]

Aye but you discovered this accidentally whilst trying to do your "hardest throw". B)

How do you invent something that you're incapable of demonstrating to anyone?  She must have had a bloke that actually did it while she shouted out instructions.

78650[/snapback]

She did it so her skirt wouldn't get in the way, apparently.

How do you invent something that you're incapable of demonstrating to anyone?  She must have had a bloke that actually did it while she shouted out instructions.

78650[/snapback]

78667[/snapback]

Do you read "Did you know...?" books from morning to night or what? :yes

78650[/snapback]

78667[/snapback]

Do you read "Did you know...?" books from morning to night or what? B)

78668[/snapback]

I know my cricket sunshine :yes

78650[/snapback]

78667[/snapback]

Do you read "Did you know...?" books from morning to night or what? :P

78668[/snapback]

78673[/snapback]

There've been other non-cricket related incidents that point me towards the "Did you know...?" book theory. The limelight, for instance! B)

78650[/snapback]

78667[/snapback]

Do you read "Did you know...?" books from morning to night or what? :yes

78668[/snapback]

78673[/snapback]

There've been other non-cricket related incidents that point me towards the "Did you know...?" book theory. The limelight, for instance! B)

78676[/snapback]

I'm a genius tbh :P

78650[/snapback]

78667[/snapback]

How far did the ball travel? Did it go forwards?

Recent history of the Hajj (from the BBC). FFS.

2004: 251 pilgrims are trampled to death in a 27-minute stampede during the stoning ritual in Mina. Saudi officials said many of the victims had not been authorised to participate in the ceremony, after new procedures were introduced following previous stampedes.

2003: 14 people are crushed to death when pilgrims returning from the stoning ritual run into pilgrims coming the other way.

2001: 35 pilgrims are killed when a huge crowd surges towards one of the three giant pillars representing the devil.

1998: 118 pilgrims are trampled to death after panic erupts when several people fall off an overpass during the stoning.

1997: At least 340 pilgrims are killed and 1,500 injured when fire fuelled by high winds sweeps through a tent city in Mina.

1994: 270 pilgrims die in a stampede during the stoning ritual.

1990: 1,426 pilgrims, mainly Asian, die in a stampede in an overcrowded tunnel leading to holy sites.

1987: 402 people, including 275 Iranians (according to Saudi figures), die when security forces break up an anti-US demonstration by Iranian pilgrims.

Has anyone mumbled the line "less of them to come over here and claim our benefits"?

78938[/snapback]

Do you mean the benifits you get as a welfare scrounger (or a Student - much the same I guess)