Net Mums Corner

Christmas Tree

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one. Haven't got one since moving although I'm tempted again. I'd get one tomorrow if the missus was up for it. It's class getting in from work and the housework fairies have been.

We used an agency called Time For You. Worked out about 9 quid an hour, which is expensive (think the cleaner only got 7 quid of that).

You can get cheaper just going direct.

I had one. Haven't got one since moving although I'm tempted again. I'd get one tomorrow if the missus was up for it. It's class getting in from work and the housework fairies have been.

We used an agency called Time For You. Worked out about 9 quid an hour, which is expensive (think the cleaner only got 7 quid of that).

You can get cheaper just going direct.

That seems a decent price. How long and how often?

With three kids the house is constantly upside down but someone coming in to do the deep down stuff for 2 or 3 hours a fortnight would be ideal.

I have this impression that most cleaners only like show room type homes to clean and that most people who use them tidy up before they arrive!

Yeah you provide all cleaning products. Ours was mint, she'd come and feed the cats if we were away and all sorts. When we were on honeymoon she was calling in twice a day and refused to accept any pay for it - called it our wedding present.

She didn't want to have to drive to our new place cos it's a bit of a trek, otherwise we'd never have got rid of her.

You're right though, it's better than a lot of places would charge.

That seems a decent price. How long and how often?

With three kids the house is constantly upside down but someone coming in to do the deep down stuff for 2 or 3 hours a fortnight would be ideal.

I have this impression that most cleaners only like show room type homes to clean and that most people who use them tidy up before they arrive!

We had her coming for 3 hours a week, but it's entirely up to you. The first week I think they sent a couple of people in to do a really thorough "deep clean" and then beyond that it's just one person to keep on top of it.

You could get them in once a fortnight though.

The website is just timeforyou.co.uk

We used to tidy the surfaces for her coming. Although a lot of the time we forgot and I would leave a sorry about the mess note. She didn't seem to care though. Our place definitely wasn't like a showhome though!

Isn't CT a stay home Dad?

Not as much these days as he's at nursery three mornings a week and one of my daughter who only works mornings has him three afternoons a week.

So basically on top of the two full days I have him during the week, I'm still clocking up around 50 hours in the taxi.

We had her coming for 3 hours a week, but it's entirely up to you. The first week I think they sent a couple of people in to do a really thorough "deep clean" and then beyond that it's just one person to keep on top of it.

You could get them in once a fortnight though.

The website is just timeforyou.co.uk

We used to tidy the surfaces for her coming. Although a lot of the time we forgot and I would leave a sorry about the mess note. She didn't seem to care though. Our place definitely wasn't like a showhome though!

Ate, they all seem to say "you'll need a deep clean to get it up to our standards". :lol:

a cleaner earning £7 an hour isn't doing too bad tbh or am i being harsh there (more than minimum wage and i'm assuming you buy the lemon peledge)

Sort of. The minim wage is pittance. Living wage is what, 9 quid I think.

If I ever find myself a bit better off I'm definitely getting a cleaner. Can't really justify it at the moment, but one day!!

Currently I do as much housework as possible on Friday nights which is extremely tragic but I hate spending weekends cleaning etc.