Newcastle Ban Mackem Journo Luke Edwards

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which part of it was shit?

Gutless refusal to name names, blaming it all on the French as a group, Colo coming back is great so no mention of his mid season flounce which damaged our season just as much. So it was shit because it seemed agenda driven bollocks.

Actually, being bullied into revealing his sources would have been the gutless thing to do and he has acted just as I would expect any half decent journalist to.

And he doesn't blame the entire situation on the French, he states that it is 'another problem' for the manager.

The Coloccini problem is largely irrelevant to the story so I don't see any need for him to mention it, it's not like the piece is intended to be a comprehensive detail or where our season has gone wrong, its point is very specific and seems to be based on information from inside the club.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Steven Taylor or Shola are so fed up with our pathetic performances that they've told a local journalist exactly what they think?

Luke Edwards is a small balding kid with blonde hair and a London/South-East accent. Alan Oliver and Brian Mcnally are Mackems despite the latters 'Celtic' fan patter.

Actually, being bullied into revealing his sources would have been the gutless thing to do and he has acted just as I would expect any half decent journalist to.

And he doesn't blame the entire situation on the French, he states that it is 'another problem' for the manager.

The Coloccini problem is largely irrelevant to the story so I don't see any need for him to mention it, it's not like the piece is intended to be a comprehensive detail or where our season has gone wrong, its point is very specific and seems to be based on information from inside the club.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Steven Taylor or Shola are so fed up with our pathetic performances that they've told a local journalist exactly what they think?

I dont see any problem with the article, or its source, or the Telegraph printing it.

But there again I dont have a problem with the club banning them either. The whole thing is hardly up there with the wikileaks bloke never seeing the outside of his cell yard for the rest of his natural...

luKE EdWaRds?

But there again I dont have a problem with the club banning them either. The whole thing is hardly up there with the wikileaks bloke never seeing the outside of his cell yard for the rest of his natural...

The guy's job is to report on NE sport, it's kinda hard to do that when the region's biggest sporting club won't let you through the door.

I'm not exactly outraged, I just think it's incredibly petty from the club.

The guy's job is to report on NE sport, it's kinda hard to do that when the region's biggest sporting club won't let you through the door.

I'm not exactly outraged, I just think it's incredibly petty from the club.

Yeah I do agree with that, but the club is staring relegation in the face and this is blatant shit stirring at the worst possible time. The club are also allowed an agenda in a world where the press are free to print what they want. The press want it all ways all the time. Life isnt like that.

So you've ruled out the possibility that there's any substance to his article? If a player has told him what the situation is then he's 100% correct to print it.

Whether its true or not is largely irrelevent. This is about control. Theres probably something in it, but its almost certainly one person's opinion/agenda. What actual weight does that carry until its splashed in a headline?...

The tension is believed to be down to the fact some individuals have been more interested in complaining about tactics and worrying about their own personal agendas rather than helping the club to survive in the Premier League.

That has infuriated those who are deeply concerned by the manner in which the team have imploded since losing to Benfica in the quarter-finals of the Europa League earlier this month.

Just realised the article is actually about Toontastic....."some individuals" being CT and Tooj

;)

According to Edwards he has several sources, Steve Brenner and Simon Bird have also indicated that there are dressing room problems. I think it's more than one person's agenda.

What matters out of this whole sorry mess and will confirm bits of the story, is what team and tactics take to the field on Saturday.

If its the same old same old I would be very disappointed.

If there has been a genuine clearing of the air, then the players will have told him straight where he going wrong, Shane will be recalled and we will attack.

According to Edwards he has several sources, Steve Brenner and Simon Bird have also indicated that there are dressing room problems. I think it's more than one person's agenda.

Im sure theres truth to it. Sounds like the atmosphere on a building site from Auf Wiedersen pet. :lol:

Is that on his twitter or something because he doesnt claim anything about his sources in the actual article, which is obviously normal and to be expected.

Interesting that Brenner and Bird aren't banned...not beyond the realms to beleive that the person or persons are talking to all the NE journos... seemingly apart from Caulkin?

Edited by PaddockLad

If there has been a genuine clearing of the air, then the players will have told him straight where he going wrong, Shane will be recalled and we will attack.

WUM :lol:

I can confirm this. Ben Arfa's Clothes hook is wonky and needs screwed in properly and Cabaye doesn't like sitting next to the door as it's drafty. Tim Krul wants a space away from Rob Elliot as he's a bit too 'clingy' and starstruck and keeps asking Tim if he'll go to Nando's in the Metrocetntre as it's 'really fab'.

Having not read any of his stuff lately, has Edwards' recent patter reflected his 'banned' status ?

Oh and in the spirit of this two-sided childish mess, has he updated his Facebook profile to reflect this ?

Luke is banned from SJP

Mike Ashley likes this

Is that on his twitter or something because he doesnt claim anything about his sources in the actual article, which is obviously normal and to be expected.

Interesting that Brenner and Bird aren't banned...not beyond the realms to beleive that the person or persons are talking to all the NE journos... seemingly apart from Caulkin?

Aye, on twitter he said that he has several sources, both written and verbal. I'm not sure who has submitted written testimony but I'm guessing it isn't one of the players.

Given that he has the backing of the paper's editor I'd say that he's not talking shit. The ironic thing is that when he first published the article no one paid it any attention, I'm not sure it was even discussed on here. By causing a fuss the club has only drawn attention to the allegations contained in it.

:lol:

Aye, that's the iirony of it.

It barely registered, dismissed as the usual bullshit paper talk...until the club forced him to stand by it...and he has done, and invited legal action, lending it much more credence.