Newcastle Ban Mackem Journo Luke Edwards

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't read the article in question, so here it is....

The tension is believed to be down to the fact some individuals have been more interested in complaining about tactics and worrying about their own personal agendas rather than helping the club to survive in the Premier League.

That has infuriated those who are deeply concerned by the manner in which the team have imploded since losing to Benfica in the quarter-finals of the Europa League earlier this month.

Telegraph Sport understands that there is concern that the large French contingent on Tyneside do not care as much about the team’s demise and have failed to grasp what is needed to succeed in English football.

It is yet another problem for an under-fire Pardew to deal with as he fights not just to keep Newcastle in the top flight but also to hold on to his job.

Pardew’s position is due to be reviewed in the summer after a miserable campaign plunged to a new low with a 6-0 home defeat by Liverpool last weekend. Newcastle are five points clear of the drop zone with three matches remaining, but Wigan have played a game less.

To have any chance of keeping his job, Pardew must start to put things right against West Ham this weekend and finish the campaign strongly with a united squad behind him, although even that may not be enough to save him beyond the end of the season.

Having conceded a third goal against the run of play at the start of the second half on Saturday, several players visibly stopped trying, helping Liverpool to inflict Newcastle’s heaviest top-flight home defeat since 1925. The manager has taken ultimate responsibility for that abject performance, but there is no doubt his players should also be ashamed of the way they capitulated.

There were seven French players on the pitch when Newcastle fell apart against Liverpool and the discontent is hugely worrying for a team which still need one more win from their remaining three games to ensure they preserve their top-flight status.

The threat of disunity and discord means the club’s much-heralded success in the French transfer market is in danger of backfiring unless Pardew can unite his team and channel the anger in a positive manner ahead of the trip to Upton Park.

If the French players who make up the core of Newcastle starting XI are upset by accusations they are damaging team morale, Pardew will emphasise that the only answer they can give is on the pitch.

Newcastle are also in danger of losing playmaker Yohan Cabaye. The midfielder was privately keen to join Tottenham Hotspur last summer, but Newcastle refused to sell.

Cabaye’s form has dipped dramatically and he is expected to ask to leave in the summer so he can return to France with Paris Saint-Germain.

The return of club captain Fabricio Coloccini is a timely tonic for dressing room friction as he commands the respect of all the players, regardless of nationality or agendas.

The Argentine has been sorely missed during a 12-game absence with a back injury, but is expected to start against West Ham.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10026476/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-sees-position-at-St-James-Park-put-in-peril-by-dressing-room-split.html

Not really surprising if it's true really. Pardew is a nobody to these players if it was clear he was good tactically they would have probably respected him, however it's obvious he's a limited manager and hearing that the French internationals have had their fill of him isn't really all that shocking. We need a known name manager or an up and comer like Laudrup (obviously no chance of him now but someone of his kind), it's tough for a bloke like Pardew to try and motivate this lot it'd be similar to someone like Jack Wilshere going to a mid-table French side with a little known manager (although Wilshere is probably a bigger arsehole than any of our current crop).

Not shocking if the Cabaye bit's true either, he's been sulky most of the season and skipping over vice captain Jonas to give him captaincy looks more and more like a move to placate him. I'm happy we snubbed Spurs mind, if he's going to leave I'd far rather see him go to PSG or another foreign side.

These stories are pointless. They always start with "Telegraph Sport understands..." which is code for, we don't really have any evidence of this, nor will our source allow themselves to be named, so we're just going to fill the page with rumour and subjecture.

So there was a row in the dressing room after the 6-0 game? Too bloody right! I'd be more worried if there wasn't a row as there was so much wrong. I hope everyone has cleared the air, expressed their thoughts and set their sights on preparing for the next game.

It's true then... damn it. I could have sworn I'd saw Cabaye and Sissoko laugh off some instructions a few matches ago - seems I did...

They need a very hard kick up the arse if this is the case - I can't believe Cabaye is so involved and Pardews kept him as skipper.

These stories are pointless. They always start with "Telegraph Sport understands..." which is code for, we don't really have any evidence of this, nor will our source allow themselves to be named, so we're just going to fill the page with rumour and subjecture.

He was tweeting about it the other day saying that he was due to be off work but had to cancel his plans in order to write the story so I'd guess that he does have a decent source for the story. For obvious reasons he won't be able to say who that source is.

He was tweeting about it the other day saying that he was due to be off work but had to cancel his plans in order to write the story so I'd guess that he does have a decent source for the story. For obvious reasons he won't be able to say who that source is.

Sounds like someone trying to plug their own story.

The truth of the story is irrelevent. The club have banned Edwards because his story was about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit when we're staring relegation in the face. Its shit stirring, pure and simple. Luke Edwards personally needs NUFC a lot more than NUFC need Luke Edwards. The press can get as uppity as they like, the club are the ones with the power here. The source may be impeccable, but at the end of the day why is someone shit stirring at this time? whats their agenda? one mans opinion is worth what without something to back it up?...

And journalists understand that they can and will piss powerful bodies/organisations off from time to time. If they weren't expecting something of this nature from the club then theyre very naiive. The press are the biggest wummers out there, they like the power to affect events. Its why a lot of them are in it. Look at the tabloids. They have complete freedom to do this, but the club also has the right to ban them. Petty by NUFC? yes. What did the Telegraph expect though?...

And journalists understand that they can and will piss powerful bodies/organisations off from time to time. If they weren't expecting something of this nature from the club then theyre very naiive. The press are the biggest wummers out there, they like the power to affect events. Its why a lot of them are in it. Look at the tabloids. They have complete freedom to do this, but the club also has the right to ban them. Petty by NUFC? yes. What did the Telegraph expect though?...

Truth be known I think they thought Pardew was done for and were trying to finish him off.

Got to laugh though, Lee Ryders knocked up a very quick "lets all stick together" blog :lol:

Knows where his bread is buttered. ;)

Edwards hasn't complained.

Truth be known I think they thought Pardew was done for and were trying to finish him off.

Got to laugh though, Lee Ryders knocked up a very quick "lets all stick together" blog :lol:

Knows where his bread is buttered. ;)

Well like I said theres a source for it so whats their angle?...could just as easily be Pardew covering his arse because he knows hes out in the summer and sticking the knife into Cabaye and the rest of the surrender monkeys..."not me guv, it was those Frenchies"...

Who does Ryder want to stick together with?..the club?...or is he supporting Edwards?...

Well like I said theres a source for it so whats their angle?...could just as easily be Pardew covering his arse because he knows hes out in the summer and sticking the knife into Cabaye and the rest of the surrender monkeys..."not me guv, it was those Frenchies"...

Who does Ryder want to stick together with?..the club?...or is he supporting Edwards?...

The club