Yohan Kebab,Depression & The Taxman(with chilli and garlic)

scoobos

cabaye was pretty shit last season. cant see why man u would fancy him tbh

Agreed. Just wish he'd shut up tbh the "ill let my agents" bit isn't really needed, whether he means owt by it or not he should be wise enough to know journalists will twist things.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The French football culture is all about moving up through the ranks. There is no shame about moving from a lesser club to a better club - loyalty doesn't come into it.

But in the cold light of day, I'd be surprised if Man Utd really wanted Cabaye after the season he has just had.

Tell you the truth I wouldn't be the slightest bit upset if he left. Don't think it will happen though, Moyes will have Fellaini with him. Can't really see Cabaye wanting to sit on the bench keeping his arse warm, especially when there is the world cup coming.

Sigh, why do we have such short memories? The whole team struggles for a year, for various reasons discussed at length already. Yes, no doubt the players have failed to live upto expectations this year, again, for a variety of reason. Nevertheless they along with the coaching team need to look at themselves and ask the question whether they did all they could do ensure they performed at their peak for the team.

But suddenly it seems we want to ship out everyone? Not speaking in terms of this forum only, but going around the net it seems people wouldnt mind us selling Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas etc. What does that leave us with and are we really confident our management will go out and replace them? Players will always come and go, and you cant blame anyone for wanting to leave us for Man Utd, but lets not get excited everytime a journo comes up with a story because they dont have much else to do over the next couple of months.

Edited by aimaad22

Also, these are often the lads who, when reports of us selling players, tear their hair out because we're a selling club.

I would rather keep Cabaye like, he does have something about him that I quite like. One of the only door openers we have and his range of passing the season before last was superb. The worry for me is that last season he really didn't look arsed. Whether that was depression, fitness or whatever he was still poor by his standards. I've always said that if a player really doesn't want to be here then we should just sell them to be honest.

People wanting shot of him are mental in my opinion. He had a bad season, but so did everyone, the difference for me is that he's capable of much, much better.

I honestly don't think he's that good. Good player, but not ManU fighting for CL/PL titles good. Bit too slight and haphazard, he's athletic but not dominant.

He's a quality player for a midtable side. Perhaps not good enough for Manchester United when they're in the flux, but definitely would be too good for us to lose simply because of one poor season.

thing is they need to replace Giggs,Scholes and in all likelyhood Carrick before too long too. For me, he does the a lot of the same sort of things as Carrick does.

If they're going to replace those players, they'll go for someone better than Cabaye.

Cabaye couldn't be bothered in most games last season.So do we get rid now,or hope he fancies giving 100% next season.Jonas needs shipping out because he has never given us anything offensively on anything near a regular basis.If he's picked because he helps the left back with his defensive duties,we need a new left back.I'd stick with Tiote for now.He had a poor season but if he plays with someone who is interested, he'll do a job.I'd chase Cisse.He misses too many chances.He's offside too much.He shoots from ridiculous distances and angles.

Hmm, how can you slate Cabaye for not being bothered, then in the very next sentence say that Jonas needs to go for completely the opposite reason. Jonas gives 100% every match. Getting rid of Cisse would without a doubt destroy any chances of being in the premiership in 2015/16. We've only got 1 striker for gawds sake. I disagree on Tiote too, he can go already , we've got better players in the squad already. Selling anyone from our squad without replacing first would be tragic, we're already struggling with the squad we have.

Edited by scoobos

I honestly don't think he's that good. Good player, but not ManU fighting for CL/PL titles good. Bit too slight and haphazard, he's athletic but not dominant.

When him and Tiote were firing on all cylinders, there was enough bite about Cabaye to give an all round finish to his game. However, there are some weaknesses that i only really noticed this season. He never carries the ball, even when in space. His first thought (and thats great) is to pass but in that position, when someone else is doing the graft, you need a bit of pace to take players on or to carry and make runs into space.

When him and Tiote were firing on all cylinders, there was enough bite about Cabaye to give an all round finish to his game. However, there are some weaknesses that i only really noticed this season. He never carries the ball, even when in space. His first thought (and thats great) is to pass but in that position, when someone else is doing the graft, you need a bit of pace to take players on or to carry and make runs into space.

Carrick's never been known for his pace and has a champions league winners medal amongst domestic pots of all sorts. It theyre looking to replace him I think Cabaye is their man. Doesnt surprise me in the slightest that hes been linked.

cabaye was pretty shit last season. cant see why man u would fancy him tbh

Because he's a very good player who would fit in well there.