Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Make your mind up. I just posted the same nigh on and you said its fine cos our midfielders score goals :lol:

What you on about? I was identifying players who could potentially do better this year (based on settling in issues etc) and score a couple more goals. The Shola addition was a joke about his potential.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the myth that Sissoko can score goals was bourne out of his home debut against Chelsea, in the 56 games before that 3-2 win, he scored just THREE goals. No one can put a positive slant on this summers window, anyone that does is just being a contrary Keef. What it is, is an absolute disgrace. On 23rd August Pardew himself mentioned the vital need to get two players in, it hasn't happened, you can't blame Kinnear, he's a fuckin fruitcake, the blame lies squarely at the ultimate decision maker, the 18 stone future Hertfordshire heart attack victim. I hope he reads this. We hate you, fuck off you fat cunt.

Dont call me a Keef, you plank. If Sissoko gets better he might chip in with a few more goals. Or assists at least. How many assists did het get in the previous 56? He added one or two for us iirc.

What you on about? I was identifying players who could potentially do better this year (based on settling in issues etc) and score a couple more goals. The Shola addition was a joke about his potential.

Do we really want to base our premier league future on players that 'might' do better? Shola 'might' score 20 this season

Dont call me a Keef, you plank. If Sissoko gets better he might chip in with a few more goals. Or assists at least. How many assists did het get in the previous 56? He added one or two for us iirc.

Again, 'if' he gets better he might score more goals. There's an equal chance he might get worse and score less

Some right drama in here this morning.

Ashley wants out so its going to be "get by" until he gets his cash back and sells.

That said we still have an excellent first 11 that managed correctly, should be able to compete with virtually every team in the league.

As for back up we have the likes of Taylor, dummet as well as Williamson to provide defensive cover and the Tiote and plenty more covering the midfield.

Sure we've still got Gouffran and Shola as striker cover but ffs.

Coloccinis back in tune, Cabaye needs to get his act together or he's not going to the World Cup. Cisse might now be in danger of getting some service and we have 4 or 5 decent new arrivals who should be getting better and better.

Life's not great but dear me.

For the record (and the 'challenged') i'm not trying to put a positive slant on the window. I expressed my deep disappointment weeks ago when it was clear we weren't signing anyone.

I'm trying to look for positives in the playing squad.

Too simplistic. We need to score 10 more and concede 10 less. This would bring the goal difference down to around 0 and put us in 8th place.

Its too easy to say 'if you scored 5 in the game we lost 0-6 and 3 in the game we lost 0-4 and 2 in the 0-3 then we dont get any more points'. Its a nonsense to look at it that way as that just like saying 'if Remy score all his goals in games we lose, he wont bring any points'.

Incorrect. We need to shore up the defence and create more goals. The signs arent great but there are some angles in relation to both which can be reasons to be positive.

Disinterested, sulking want-away Cabaye got 6 goals for us last term. If we can get him right, then there's hope there.

Well I think everyone can agree we need to concede less and score more. I don't know where you got your second para from Chez but it wasn't a point I was seeking to make.

The way I see it, we aren't good enough defensively to let teams play at us, which they will if we lack punch up front. Or to put it in your terms, I'm not sure we're capable of conceding less when it matters; not because our defence is shit, but because we will get injuries, suspensions and loss of form and the back up players aren't good enough. Take out Colo for instance and it's a pipe dream to think of a clean sheet.

The point I was trying to make (obviously badly) is that it's not about the shoeings we got off the likes of Arsenal, it's when you lose narrowly against the likes of Reading or Everton because they know they can attack you without fear. Remy will be mint on the counter for instance which we've lacked since Bellamy left but take him out of the team and we're pedestrian.

Not sure I'm making my point very well but the bottom line for me is we needed another player to provide pace and goal threat upfront.

Ashley wants out so its going to be "get by" until he gets his cash back and sells.

That said we still have an excellent first 11 that managed correctly, should be able to compete with virtually every team in the league.

As for back up we have the likes of Taylor, dummet as well as Williamson to provide defensive cover and the Tiote and plenty more covering the midfield.

Coloccinis back in tune, Cabaye needs to get his act together or he's not going to the World Cup. Cisse might now be in danger of getting some service and we have 4 or 5 decent new arrivals who should be getting better and better.

Dear me indeed

Well I think everyone can agree we need to concede less and score more. I don't know where you got your second para from Chez but it wasn't a point I was seeking to make.

The way I see it, we aren't good enough defensively to let teams play at us, which they will if we lack punch up front. Or to put it in your terms, I'm not sure we're capable of conceding less when it matters; not because our defence is shit, but because we will get injuries, suspensions and loss of form and the back up players aren't good enough. Take out Colo for instance and it's a pipe dream to think of a clean sheet.

The point I was trying to make (obviously badly) is that it's not about the shoeings we got off the likes of Arsenal, it's when you lose narrowly against the likes of Reading or Everton because they know they can attack you without fear. Remy will be mint on the counter for instance which we've lacked since Bellamy left but take him out of the team and we're pedestrian.

Not sure I'm making my point very well but the bottom line for me is we needed another player to provide pace and goal threat upfront.

Which we may sign in January given thats what we have done for the last 2 seasons. I was ridiculed when i said we might sign a striker in January 2 years ago and was trying to be positive. Everyone was slagging off Ba and saying we looked shit. We signed Cisse and came 5th :lol: You never know in life.

There's a lot to be depressed about in your answer alone, CT. The bit highlighted for instance

Which we may sign in January given thats what we have done for the last 2 seasons. I was ridiculed when i said we might sign a striker in January 2 years ago and was trying to be positive. Everyone was slagging off Ba and saying we looked shit. We signed Cisse and came 5th :lol: You never know in life.

I think you're right in that they've decided to put it off till January but it's a risky and frustrating thing to do. It occurred to me that Remy might be in prison by the end of November. Maybe we have another Cisse lined up for January like you say :lol:

You started well until you mentioned what we have for back up :lol: Williamson? Dont rate him. Taylor? Sure, Id have him as back up. Dummet Id like to see get the odd cup game as he keeps progressing. But what about Cisse? Who is his back up? Should he even start? Who is pushing him for a place or does he just have to turn up? Centre midfield is fine, but what about the outside? Who backs up HBA? Obertan???

Funniest post ever in a watching somebody walk into a lamp post way.

If we do sign a striker in January there's a fair chance it will be because we've not been doing very well. The way they'll see it otherwise is that Cisse replaced Carroll and Remy replaced Ba. The only other reason would be that they line up someone on the cheap whom is foreseen to have a increased future sell on value.

Sky Sports didn't even bother to send a reporter to our training ground - that in itself signaled our intentions. Even Liverpool had someone at theirs despite the fact they confirmed their business was concluded by 9am.

Keep reading comments from idiots stating things like "there's more positives than negatives". It's 'glass half full' attitudes that continue to let them off the hook. Pardew said it himself, we needed to get a couple in but Ashley & Kinnear have hung him out to dry again. If the man has any principles he'll resign. If he doesn't resign then he either has no morals or was in on it.

Meanwhile we're treated like sh*t again and no doubt will be subjected to some patronising bullsh*t about how we couldn't get the signings over the line.

you plank :lol:

If we can play with the intensity shown for the last 20 against Fulham then I would have hope that we'll do okay.

A major problem being the apathy from the top and the resonant anger/tension from stands which cannot help infiltrate the manager and the team.

If there is no enthusiasm from the OWNER and little faith from the fans accordingly, then why can we expect any from anyone else?

This scenario bounces back off every element at the club and amplifies accordingly. There is no feel good, just alternating anger/relief.

It's get behind the team not the regime stuff, but people are so fucked off with the regime and relatively uninspired by the team it's unlikely to happen.

I think the natural course of events is a downward spiral based upon the increasing affect of the phenomenon described above.

The only ones who can change it are either the fans or the owner and motivations/views/mistrust are likely too entrenched for that.

So, the big question is, will Ashley sell us before we're relegated again?

Our only hope is that he'll sell sometime soon to a proper billionaire who wants to spunk cash on a footy club for the fun of it. Yes please, fuck the integrity of it, bring some fun back.....

Our only hope is that he'll sell sometime soon to a proper billionaire who wants to spunk cash on a footy club for the fun of it. Yes please, fuck the integrity of it, bring some fun back.....

Aye, at least football will be fun again.

It doesn't even have to be someone of that ilk. Just someone who treats us like a football club rather than trying to turn us in to a profit making business.

Do you still think Mike Ashley to be a genius?