Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or similar clubs abroad... possibly Liverpool.

Definitely not us.

I wonder if we were in the same situation as last summer (i.e. had just finished 5th, would be playing in Europe next season) if Benteke would come to us. I reckon he might've.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we were in the same situation as last summer (i.e. had just finished 5th, would be playing in Europe next season) if Benteke would come to us. I reckon he might've.

Course he would at least consider it. Guaranteed to start, guaranteed to play in Europe, 52k fans, good wage.

However, we're not. So he wouldn't.

Course he would at least consider it. Guaranteed to start, guaranteed to play in Europe, 52k fans, good wage.

However, we're not. So he wouldn't.

If only this alternate reality were true!!! :panic:

Young, heard of his name positively. 2.5mil why not?

I hope this is a sign of confidence with the transfer situations.

Thickening out all areas which can be and thinning out the other.

Would like to think there will be a few deals done in the next few days.

Give the new lads a good pre-season.

I know he is over 30 but for the price Villa went for, I wish Kinnear had heard of him and lodged a bid. He can still bang them in.

Yes I'm sure that because he turned down Spurs he definitely would have came here.

The only reason we didn't go for him is because he's costing £13m.

Yep and I think this penny pinching is really going to bite us on the arse, worse than it did last season...

We're trying to save £500k here and there whilst clubs like Swansea, West Ham, Norwich & Sunderland get their (and our) targets.

The squad wasn't big enough last year but all we've done is sell.

Negligence & incompetence.

Yep and I think this penny pinching is really going to bite us on the arse, worse than it did last season...

We're trying to save £500k here and there whilst clubs like Swansea, West Ham, Norwich & Sunderland get their (and our) targets.

The squad wasn't big enough last year but all we've done is sell.

Negligence & incompetence.

It does seem to be the case that we are missing out on our targets for the sake of 500k-1mil. Obviously it is alot of money but in this game, if you want to get these quality players over the line then you have to pay.

Stubbornness could well fuck us over in the end.

We will see.

CT come on, you know we've missed people for the sake of 500,000.

It's too late already to at least not have names going round and real offers in.

Nothing is going to change and we don't have the squad to take these casualties season on season. Yes I'd love to get rid of Gosling, perch, Williamson, Simpson etc - but we haven't got any fucking replacements in at all have we?

We're fucked.

5 weeks until the start if the season and we currently have 4 senior players less than we did last year.

4? Harper, Simpson, Perch and?

EDIT: Ah, Gosling! Fucking hell, forgot about him. I'd rather we saw Anita and Bigirimana get game time this year anyway. We could afford to lose Gosling as he's shite and Perch's loss won't be felt that badly IMO. If Vuckic can stay fit/isn't completely finished already, he should be knocking on the door too.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

The cynic in me would suggest we are waiting on a big bid for Cabaye before we spend any money. That leaves Tiote, Anita and Sissoko in the middle. Not saying Gosling was the answer but he was a body at least and cost is around £4mil in compo so would have been nice to see some return from him

Ok I'm not saying I want them , but :

Ravel Morrison - 500k bid, they wanted 1 mil, then 750k we didn't meet it.

We refused Ba a new contract that wanted 70k instead of 50k - that would have taken away the release clause and he prob would have gone to Chelsea anyway, but not for the pittance we got for him (given his record)

There are certainly more than this though, as I remember swearing over one of them (french target)- 500k extra wanted on a 2mil deal or something.

A side note, but Wonga and muslim french speaking players is just fucking stupid, despite what UK views on Wonga might be, its just stupid.

http://www.allmyfootballnews.com/football/papiss-cisse-edges-towards-anzhi-transfer-after-refusing-to-wear-newcastle-shirt#.Ud1s9j7gWc8

I honestly don't. Who are these people?

Lets see, Aubameyang, Luuk de Jong, Remy, Douglas, off the top of my head.