Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Carrol would love to come back here but I struggle to believe that we will shell out the transfer fee and his wages (especially as he's out of action for a few month).

I also struggle to see how we can get the best from him. We don't have anyone who can cross a ball (Debuchy may be the execption but playing at fullback he's not going to get the number in we would need) and with a strikers and centrebacks our apparent priority this summer I can't see that changing.

Liverpool could never utiliise him correctly and our formation is more like theirs than the formaiton we had before we sold Carrol.

Let's face it, as much as we hate it and denounce it in others, players have the power - they hold all the cards. If Carroll wanted to force a move to Newcastle he could. He's got what, three years left on his Liverpool contract? Are they really going to want to let him rot in their reserves picking up the sort of wages they're paying him? Or would they bite the bullet and take the hit if we said we'd pay them £10m-£12m. If Carroll really wants to come back to the Toon all he needs to do is refuse to move anywhere else and Liverpool will be forced to bend to his will. All depends on what Carroll really wants tbh.

On a side note, I'd love to have him back and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by TheMoog

Carroll can moan all he wants it's not much good if there's no bid. :lol:

Of course, but I reckon we'd actually go for him if the price was right. Besides, If you were Carroll would you really want to play for West Ham?

I know exactly what Moog is saying. Liverpool have made it clear they really don't want him. If Carroll makes it just as clear that he's happy to sit unless NUFC come in then they could, eventually, just say 'sod it' and cut their losses. Battle of wills and maybe a bit of a waiting game. I'm sure there will be some unofficial and informal contact between Carroll and the club. If he wants to come back here of course, just speculation.

I know exactly what Moog is saying. Liverpool have made it clear they really don't want him. If Carroll makes it just as clear that he's happy to sit unless NUFC come in then they could, eventually, just say 'sod it' and cut their losses. Battle of wills and maybe a bit of a waiting game. I'm sure there will be some unofficial and informal contact between Carroll and the club. If he wants to come back here of course, just speculation.

Aye, but we're not going to play £15m, nor the wages he's supposed to be on. There's no guarantee the decision makers want him at any price, so this is all moot.

BBC reporting that Norwich have had a £4.7m bid for Toivonen. Good price for him if it's true. Him and Wolfswinkel for less than the price of Andy Carroll is very good business.

As an aside, David Weir looks fucking old.

Think Wolfswinkel could end up being norwich's michu, excellent signing tbh a real coup for that level of club considering how he's been rated

Van Wolfswinkel cost 5 times more than Michu though. :lol:

Of course, but I reckon we'd actually go for him if the price was right. Besides, If you were Carroll would you really want to play for West Ham?

Maybe if he looks at the fact that since he's been West Ham he's actually resembled something of a footballer again and Allardyce appears to have sorted out his conditioning.

Think Wolfswinkel could end up being norwich's michu, excellent signing tbh a real coup for that level of club considering how he's been rated

Impressed by Toivonen's goal record in the league as well. just a little worse than 1 in 2. (59/125) I know it's the Dutch division, but as he's not being bought as the primary striker, the pressure isn't on him to keep that ratio going.

He's got a massive team of hangers on who have been whoring him about for ages now. I'd be hugely surprised if he ends up coming to us.

Would be a cracking signing though as it would mean we could finally stop relying on Steven Taylor.