Recycling Bins

Christmas Tree

Now that my poxy local labour run council have moved bin collections to fortnightly I am having to really go green and share the load between the blue and black outside bins.

Do other live in communist boroughs and have the same problem and are there special inside bins you can buy to make this easier.

I appreciate if theres just a couple of you this isnt a big issue but with a large family its a nightmare :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorting your rubbish from your recycling - how inconvenient for you CT :lol:

We've had that system in place got years down here. While it's slightly more hassle dividing waste from recycling, it's not that difficulty. Just keep a separate bin indoors for recycling too.

We've also noticed the stuff we send off to landfill has gone massively. That bjn sometimes isn't half full on collection days but the recycling bin is usually close to overflowing.

Sorting your rubbish from your recycling - how inconvenient for you CT :lol:

We've had that system in place got years down here. While it's slightly more hassle dividing waste from recycling, it's not that difficulty. Just keep a separate bin indoors for recycling too.

We've also noticed the stuff we send off to landfill has gone massively. That bjn sometimes isn't half full on collection days but the recycling bin is usually close to overflowing.

Thats what I was wondering if people do or whether there was some Robo dual bin (Gemmil) that did the trick.

Yeah, it's no biggie. Happy to do my bit. And as I say, you notice the amount of recycling that would otherwise go to landfill increases massively once you make the effort to use separate bins and the landfill bin is rarely full. Makes me feel slightly less guilty about the number of disposable nappies we chuck out every week.

CT blatantly voting UKIP at the next election.

Similar to Gloomy, in fact I rarely put the regular waste bin out more once a month (at this time of year anyway - leaving it that long doesn't really work in the summer :puke:), whereas the recycling box (not bin, unfortunately) is always overflowing to the extent that I usually end up taking a few bags of stuff to the big recycling bins on the estate opposite. That might just be because we're a pair of alkies mind.

But aye, separate recycling bin down by the side of the fridge. It's fairly straightforward.

Here's what I did, after thinking for a minute. I kept my regular bin and put all the regular waste in there and then, I went and got another bin that I would use for the recyclable waste. Literally, a year or two down the line, nowt's a bother. My recycling bin even has little labels telling you where to put things.

Sometimes I think CT is undeservedly bullied on here by the likes of Gemmill and Fist.

And then he starts threads like this. :lol:

I separate my stuff for recycling, although it all seems a bit futile when they knock up another huge steel and glass skyscraper in Dubai every week.

Sometimes I think CT is undeservedly bullied on here by the likes of Gemmill and Fist.

I separate my stuff for recycling, although it all seems a bit futile when they knock up another huge steel and glass skyscraper in Dubai every week.

:o

Bullied?

We try to gently point him in the direction of a longer and healthier life.

Then the lardy mess has a kebab and votes in Cameron. ;)

We've always recycled anything possible. Our normal bin doesn't even go out every week because it quite often has nothing in it (as Meenzer mentioned though we're also probably borderline alkies). A month or two back the glass caddy thing went missing but we've never bothered to replace it because I've watched the blokes come to collect it and they just pour the glass into the main bin anyway. :lol:

I used to feel that way but he just talks shite all day everyday and brings it on himself now. He's like a real life version of Alan off the hangover. People put up with him on here but nee fucker would want to be associated with him in real life

Another borderline alkie here. I cringe every time I'm around to witness the recycling lorry turn up. I hear the odd sound of glass smashing as the neighbours get their recycling boxes tipped in - When they get to us it sounds like a fucking bottle bank is being emptied :lol:

I've got two bin cupboards/ large drawers in my kitchen side-by-side. I managed to work out that I could put a bin in each and use one for normal waste and the other for recycling. You were nearly all consulted though.