Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Looks like Pearson is going to Villa. He would be my number 1 choice if we were relegated

Really?

Think there's much better than him going to be available to us in the summer.

"Do I regret getting into football?" said Ashley. "The answer is yes."

the feeling is mutual.

"I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven't been able to make the difference I wanted to in football."

no shit

He said: "I don't really want to have any influence in football to be honest. Looking after Sports Direct is more than a full-time job."

:unsure2:

I wouldn't take any notice of anything he says tbh. He's been full of shit from the get go. I'm purely interested in his actions. Appointing a manager like Benitez is clearly a massive step in the right direction but unless he's allowed to do his job properly it's back to square one. May all be moot anyway if we go down. And if he wants a hands off approach to the club appoint some better people to go on the board instead of the chancers and yes men he's put in so far. Or die.

I wouldn't take any notice of anything he says tbh. He's been full of shit from the get go. I'm purely interested in his actions. Appointing a manager like Benitez is clearly a massive step in the right direction but unless he's allowed to do his job properly it's back to square one. May all be moot anyway if we go down. And if he wants a hands off approach to the club appoint some better people to go on the board instead of the chancers and yes men he's put in so far. Or die.

Aye the bloke is completely full of shite, you're spot on regarding the fact the club could run well without him doing anything if he just appointed the right people but instead he appoints heed the baals like Charnley, the fact of the matter is he wouldn't have a bloke like Lee Charnley in a senior position at Sports Direct so why do it at NUFC? Fucking cock.

If he is as upset about the club and wanting nothing to do with it anymore than why not just sell it and take a hit? He wont of course but he can't then stand and moan about being sick of it. The thing with Rafa's appointment is it was purely in panic and would never have happened in a stable situation, we'd have got some shite English manager and whether we stay up or not I don't see it being long before we return to that norm.

We'll soon find out, if we do manage to stay up, because Benitez will demand the same high standards throughout the club as someone like Keegan would have.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35872542

Jonas Gutierrez: Newcastle United 'took steps' to avoid contract extension

Ex-Newcastle midfielder Jonas Gutierrez claims the club deliberately did not start him in matches so they could release him after cancer treatment.

The 32-year-old is suing the club for in the region of £2m over disability discrimination after he was diagnosed with testicular cancer in October 2013.

The Argentine, who was released in May 2015, was giving evidence on day one of an employment tribunal on Tuesday.

He says he was left out of the team to avoid triggering a new one-year deal.

Gutierrez claims he had to start 80 games during a four-year contract signed in September 2011 in order to trigger a further year at the end of the 2014-15 season.

However, he says then temporary boss John Carver waited until he could not hit his 80-game target before starting him in the final five matches of the campaign.

In a witness statement presented to the tribunal in Birmingham, Gutierrez said: "Due to their concerns about my cancer I consider that the club then ensured that I would not be selected to start in a sufficient number of matches to trigger the option.

"In late April 2015 I was told the club may consider offering me a new playing contract but would only consider this at the end of the season.

"However, I knew by this stage the club had taken steps to ensure the automatic option in the contract was not triggered. I found it difficult to believe that they would in any event offer me a new contract."

'They considered me to be a liability'

Gutierrez, who is now at Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna, claims Newcastle's discrimination against him began in December 2013, two months after he had surgery.

He says Alan Pardew, his manager at the time, told him he did not feature in his future plans and that he was free to leave the club.

"It came as a great shock so soon after my cancer treatment," added Gutierrez's statement.

"I believe the reason for this was due to my cancer diagnosis and very recent operation to remove the tumour as I had clearly been a crucial part of Newcastle's first-team line-up to this point.

"I think they feared that my illness would mean that I could no longer play at the highest level and they considered me to be a liability rather than an asset to the club."

After further treatment in the summer of 2014 when the cancer returned, Gutierrez says he felt neglected by Newcastle.

"During my chemotherapy treatment, neither the manager, Alan Pardew, nor any club directors contacted me to see how I was feeling or to congratulate me on my recovery," he said.

"This was incredibly disappointing after everything I had done for the club."

The tribunal is expected to last for 10 days, with evidence from Pardew and Carver to follow.

Remarkable few days. One interview in 9 years and then 3 in 2 days.

Don't know what he's thinking, he's making out Newcastle are skint on sky sports, telling MPs to fuck off in the mirror and issuing profit warnings for sports direct in the times.

All needless and harmful statements.

He seems to have a real problem with being told what he has to do and will do the opposite every time, no matter what damage it does.

We'll soon find out, if we do manage to stay up, because Benitez will demand the same high standards throughout the club as someone like Keegan would have.

Exactly. Even if we stay up my money is on Rafa with a short stay with us.

This from Jonas court case today I hope he wins & gets all his compensation. The club should be ashamed of their selves over the way they treat Jonas over this.

"Shortly after my return to the club (December 2014) from chemotherapy, I was called into Mr Pardew’s office.

“Mr Pardew apologised for the way he had treated me in December 2013, when he told me I was not wanted by the club any longer but he said that this was not his decision.

“I understood by this that the decision was actually that of the club’s owner, Mike Ashley.”

At today’s proceedings, it is reported that Jonas Gutierrez broke down in tears during heated exchanges with lawyers representing Mike Ashley and Newcastle United.

The Guardian saying that the club’s lawyer, Sean Jones, accused Jonas of being ‘just in it for the money’.

Revealing that he was still having weekly counselling sessions following his treatment by Newcastle United, Gutierrez answered:

“I am not here for the money. I want to do this for all people who have problems with their employers.”

Jonas Gutierrez also criticised Newcastle United’s doctor, Paul Catterson, who he says took six months to take his concerns seriously. Jonas having first told him in May 2013 that he was experiencing pain in his left testicle during sexual intercourse or if he was wearing tight pants.

Jonas Gutierrez:

“He (Paul Catterson) simply told me not to worry and dismissed these symptoms as nothing serious.”

Six months later, Jonas says he eventually began to take the player’s concerns seriously and booked him in for a scan, which was when doctors discovered a tumour in his left testicle.

Then worried at the length of time taken for the tumour to be diagnosed and the alleged failings by the club doctor, Jonas Gutierrez decided to have his treatment back home in Argentina, which he paid for himself.

The hearing continues.

Whilst they are cunts, I don't think he'd have gotten a new contract regardless.

Agreed, if they had the option, but they stopped it becoming automatic, which is the point, I think.

I think they could (and probably will) successfully argue that they'd have done it irrespective of his having cancer. It doesn't really make it any better but there'll be loads of examples they can cite where other clubs have acted in a similar manner, i.e. not played a player so as not to activate a clause. He'd have gotten game time this season like.

More from Jonas court case.

On the first day of the hearing in Birmingham on Tuesday, Gutierrez said in his witness statement: “I discussed my concerns about my groin with Paul Catterson, the club doctor, on three or four separate occasions as the discomfort and pain had not subsided.

“On each occasion, he simply told me not to worry and dismissed these symptoms as nothing serious.”

Also read: Jonas Gutierrez tells tribunal he was 'frozen out' by Newcastle United after cancer diagnosis

Further alleging that he was then forced to play in 2013/2014’s opening fixture at Manchester City because a team-mate refused to play, Gutierrez asserted: “On the team bus I was surprised to be told by my manager that I was to play in this match.

“This was because my Newcastle team-mate Yohan Cabaye had refused to play as he had requested a transfer from Newcastle to Arsenal.

“Therefore despite not being fully fit and against doctor’s orders, I was selected to play from the start in the match against Manchester City.”

Gutierrez was substituted just before half-time, having aggravated a pre-existing thigh injury, the tribunal was told.

The player then failed to feature due to injury until making an appearance from the bench against Cardiff City on October 5 2013.

Newcastle United’s managing director, Lee Charnley, had supplied documents to the court which claimed that the club had kept in touch with Jonas Gutierrez and other family members…’to ensure that they knew that Jonas remained in our thoughts’.

However, giving evidence today, the mother of Jonas Gutierrez, Ms Montore, said that the claims by Lee Charnley were nonsense and misleading to the tribunal.

Through an interpreter, Ms.Montore said:

“This is categorically not the case, as I remember feeling upset that the club seemed to show a lack of interest in Jonas’ welfare once the cancer was diagnosed.

“Apart from one email from the club doctor to Jonas on October 17th, asking for contact details for the doctor in Argentina, I did not receive any telephone calls or emails from the club and neither did Jonas.”

The barrister acting for Mike Ashley and Newcastle United, Sean Jones, asked Ms Montore to explain why she hadn’t raised any concerns about discrimination directly with the club.

Sean Jones:

“If you had genuinely thought that your son was being discriminated against, rather than just treated insensitively, you would have raised it formally wouldn’t you?”

Ms Montore replied:

“I think you are trying to dress a monkey with a silk dress and trying to pretend that it is a princess.”

“If you had genuinely thought that your son was being discriminated against, rather than just treated insensitively, you would have raised it formally wouldn’t you?”
Ms Montore replied:
“I think you are trying to dress a monkey with a silk dress and trying to pretend that it is a princess.”

:lol:

What a defence, "We don't discriminate, we're just insensitive fucks."

It'll probably hold up like.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Ashley knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing

Sometimes, you wonder what football did to deserve people like Mike Ashley. What did it do to deserve a regime like his at Newcastle United, so hapless and feckless? What did it do to invite something that feels like the plague to sweep through one of its finest clubs?

It got rich, I suppose. It got wildly rich. It got popular again. It got profile. It got prestige. It provided cross-fertilisation opportunities for Ashley’s sports stores. That seems fitting, doesn’t it, the image of fertiliser in close conjunction with the Newcastle owner and his superannuated wide-boy apparatchiks? It seems rather apt.

Bit by bit, Ashley and his henchmen are twisting a once-wonderful club out of shape. Actually, it feels as if they are torturing it.

They are going against everything the club once stood for and turning it from an institution that was once loved and respected into a football business model that attracts only opprobrium.
Saturday's win against Swansea was their first since February 6. The shambles on the pitch is one thing, the procession of patsy managers and the influx of gutless players who have dragged the club down into the bottom three and made them a laughing stock, who are so fickle and detached that even Jamaal Lascelles, who scored the opener on Saturday, observed publicly that the team ‘needs players who care’.
But that’s not the worst part. That was exposed by an employment tribunal ruling last Thursday, a ruling that cast fresh and unforgiving light on the callous, cynical regime of Ashley and Newcastle’s unfortunate managing director Lee Charnley. The ruling was described as a low-point in Newcastle’s season. Which is saying something.
The tribunal ruled in favour of Newcastle’s former midfielder Jonas Gutierrez, a cancer survivor, after he claimed he had been frozen out of the first team squad despite his recovery, so that Newcastle could avoid offering him a one-year extension to his contract. Gutierrez, an Argentina international now playing for Deportivo La Coruna in Spain’s top flight, would have been automatically entitled to that extension if he had played a certain number of games, but was scarcely used by former Newcastle boss Alan Pardew or his successor John Carver.
Gutierrez scored a vital goal in his last game for Newcastle on the final day of last season after he returned from his battle with testicular cancer. He was told he would not be offered a new contract just a few days after the win over West Ham that ensured the team dodged relegation to the Championship. A decent club wouldn’t have done that. That rules modern-day Newcastle out, obviously. A decent club certainly wouldn’t have entertained what happened next.
Gutierrez didn’t get a personal meeting. He didn’t even get a personal phone call. Carver called Ryan Taylor to tell him he was being released then asked Taylor to pass the phone to Gutierrez. Shabby doesn’t even get close. ‘It was unbelievable,’ Taylor said.
The Birmingham tribunal upheld Gutierrez’s claim of less favourable treatment, and of Newcastle’s failure to make reasonable adjustments to his treatment due to his illness. They rejected two other claims of unfavourable treatment as a result of his disability and one of harassment. Gutierrez should be in line for a considerable pay-out.
What a mess. What an indictment of a regime. What a comment on how to run a company. Talk about providing an example of how not to treat people. An employee gets cancer and instead of looking after him, instead of showing him some compassion, the club got rid of him.
‘They threw him out like a bad dog,’ Gutierrez’s mother had told the tribunal, as she revealed she was so upset by her son’s traumas she had even thought about suicide. They are hollow men, people like Ashley and Charnley, and this is how they act.
Gutierrez has said he paid for his treatment himself. He says Newcastle didn’t contact him during his chemotherapy. Newcastle say they did. I know who I believe. Let’s face it, it’s not difficult to take sides in this one, is it?
Nor did the ruling reflect well on Pardew. It attacked his credibility. It said he had delivered his evidence in a ‘confident, convincing and articulate way’ but found that the ‘detail of what was said was not necessarily as credible as the manner in which the evidence was delivered’. Style over substance, basically, which sounds familiar.
A few hours after the tribunal had made its ruling, Gutierrez took to Twitter to lambast his foe. ‘Ashley,’ he wrote. ‘One thing, you don’t understand Newcastle. You don’t understand the fans and the city.’
He ought to have added that Ashley is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Newcastle ought to have shown Gutierrez a little human decency but it was beyond them.
Once, there would have been sympathy for their plight at the bottom of the table. With Ashley at the helm, there is none.

Sean Jones:

If you had genuinely thought that your son was being discriminated against, rather than just treated insensitively, you would have raised it formally wouldnt you?

Ms Montore replied:

I think you are trying to dress a monkey with a silk dress and trying to pretend that it is a princess.

:lol:

I think I'm in love with Ma Jonas

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt