Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

When I knew I'd be docked 15 mins for being a minute late I always headed for a 14 min cup of coffee in the canteen.

That's the other side of that policy. It's the same where my wife works, if anyone thinks they're going to be one minute late then they don't bother coming in until 15 minutes later because they know they aren't getting paid for it.

It hasn't been determined whether SD isn't paying the minimum wage, in the US the Supreme Court ruled that time spent in security screening did not have to be paid. I don't believe that there's any legislation or court ruling in the UK that currently requires it to be treated as working time.

How can he comply with employment laws when he's not paying minimum wage... sheesh.

In the US, lenders can get access to your pay packet and have your employee pay them before they pay you!

People come out with 60% of what they're due.

Mad

CT comparing Fat Mike to Uber!

The revolution is hitting you and it's pummeling you hard. You're posting it in the sports section aswell, in the vain hope that we wouldn't notice it.

You're getting your arse handed to you on a plate for your tea in the official Uber thread.

CT comparing Fat Mike to Uber!

The revolution is hitting you and it's pummeling you hard. You're posting it in the sports section aswell, in the vain hope that we wouldn't notice it.

You're getting your arse handed to you on a plate for your tea in the official Uber thread.

:lol::lol::lol:

Dear me.

Labour MP John Mann...

“Everyone knows in our area you can’t get a job in the warehouse at Sports Direct if you are an English native speaker, despite 3,000 people working there,” said Mann. "There was baby born in the toilets there. Why is it that there were 80 ambulance visits over two years at Sports Direct? And is it possibly the case, employees are too scared to have time off to go see the doctor?"

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/politicians-suggest-monster-billionaire-sports-direct-owner-mike-ashley-hires-non-english-speakers-in-warehouses-so-they-cant-speak-out/ar-BBnzrq5?ocid=spartanntp

• 3 weeks later...

Good campaign by the Guardian tbh, pity all they've got to show for it is a rise of to 15p to the bare minimum wage for the lowest paid agency staff aged 21-25. The real damage to Ashley is the 400mill he lost when his share price went down due to all this bad PR and public exposure. It'll go back up again though, and the massive bonuses he gives his middle managers to keep the poor sods who actually do all the graft in line (on zero hours contracts) stay in place. The new "living wage" outside London is due In April meaning a rise of 35p an hour to £7-20. Not sure if there's any plans to for SD to start paying that and it's certainly not mentioned in the ridiculous fuckin puff piece that the Mirror have done with him this morning.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/dec/31/mike-ashley-10m-pay-all-sports-direct-staff-above-minimum-wage?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

'Sports Direct is to pump £10million a year into giving all its lowest paid workers a rise.'

I hate that word 'pump', as if they're making an urgent donation out of the goodness of their hearts. The same word has been used to describe his kind and caring largesse bestowed on us.

Giving £250 mil to a kid with no experience apart from running house parties at college.

Not a bad way to run a business!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/boyfriend-of-mike-ashleys-daughter-in-line-for-sports-direct-millions-a6796756.html

Haven't clicked this but I assume they're on about Lee Charnley.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt