Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

There you go.

"The "squad" would have finished comfortably mid table had it not been for Pardews poor management and Carvers atrocious stewardship.

It therefore follows that a much improved coaching set up should achieve more with the same squad.

But no one was saying that an improved coaching team couldn't have got more from the players. It was the fact that you knew fuck all about the coaches and you were claiming they could definitely improve us (with at least 9 points) that was getting you the stick.

Edited by David Kelly

But no one was saying that an improved coaching team couldn't have got more from the players. It was the fact that you knew fuck all about the coaches and you were claiming they could definitely improve us that was getting you the stick.

Sorry like both you and Alex spent a good deal of time how an extra 9 points was ridiculous.

"Supposing that they are better it's logical to assume they would get more out of the players. It's not logical to assume that would easily traslate to 9 additional points with the same set of useless injured players we had."

Sorry like both you and Alex spent a good deal of time how an extra 9 points was ridiculous.

"Supposing that they are better it's logical to assume they would get more out of the players. It's not logical to assume that would easily traslate to 9 additional points with the same set of useless injured players we had."

Because you didn't even know who these people were.

I'm not saying McClaren and his staff will definitely coach the players more effectively off the top of my head with fuck all to back it up though....I'm saying his first and most important task is keeping the squad motivated for 9 months not 5, that should get us 4 more wins iyam. Can you honestly say that a lad who was running a youth coaching clinic in Dundee 18 months ago will be able to add something to that? Am not suggesting for a minute that Cathro cant motivate top international players but on paper you have to admit it looks a bit unlikely. Yet you were saying "yeah they're all mint its fuckin great"

Edited by PaddockLad

I'm not saying McClaren and his staff will definitely coach the players more effectively off the top of my head with fuck all to back it up though....I'm saying his first and most important task is keeping the squad motivated for 9 months not 5, that should get us 4 more wins iyam. Can you honestly say that a lad who was running a youth coaching clinic in Dundee 18 months ago will be able to add something to that? Am not suggesting for a minute that Cathro cant motivate top international players but on paper you have to admit it looks a bit unlikely. Yet you were saying "yeah they're all mint its fuckin great"

Not what I said either.

Pardew and carver were dogs shit and an improved manager and coaching set up would have got us an extra 9 points.

It was the implausibility of getting an extra 9 points that was the big "issue".

Not what I said either.

Pardew and carver were dogs shit and an improved manager and coaching set up would have got us an extra 9 points.

It was the implausibility of getting an extra 9 points that was the big "issue".

You definitely said words to that effect at some point in the last couple of weeks which is what I think we're getting at. One of your classic stock sayings on here is "GREAT SIGNING, WELL DONE MIKE!!....is he any good btw? I've never heard of him.." :lol:

If you want to remain cynical, one way of looking at the supposed change is that it comes off the back of one relegation and 2 bee near misses. In the case of the 2 misses arguably random chance has saved us, rather than having enough to stay up.

If the outcome of the policy 'maintaining our premierhsip status by aiming for mid table' leads to serious chances of relegation then perhaps the best way to 'secure' being in the premiership is a higher level of investment. The strategy may not have changed, just the tactical amount of investment required has been revised upwards to reduce the probability of relegation to a comfortable level.

aye but i've not got time at the minute tbh

I've been looking for a site, but survey monkey seems to be it & it's a bit clunky for what I want.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TGQV8X6

and the html to embed it is here.

<script>(function(t,e,c,n){var o,s,r;t.SMCX=t.SMCX||[],e.getElementById(n)||(o=e.getElementsByTagName©,s=o[o.length-1],r=e.createElement©,r.type="text/javascript",r.async=!0,r.id=n,r.src=["https:"===location.protocol?"https://":"http://","widget.surveymonkey.com/collect/website/js/v39rhcDB6PTyGXPh8IC6l1KHjEtWbCntl7svS2Fuc3y8EFjIfkBjt9v_2Bz8Tao2qW.js"].join(""),s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s))})(window,document,"script","smcx-sdk");</script><a style="font: 12px Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; text-decoration: none;" href=https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/customer-satisfaction-surveys/> Create your own user feedback survey </a>

Edited by The Fish

CKmA-0gUMAARFMc.png

My issue has never really been with what Ashley let's the club spend on players.

We've spent £27m with McClaren in charge and many think it's a corner turned.

We spent £27m the year Keegan took over and it was rosy for about 3 games and we got relegated.

We spent £37m last summer and survivced on the last day by luck rather than design.

Beyond investment in the squad, Ashley is a fuck-nut who can't help but walk from one disaster to another.

A five year net spend comparison isn't a lot of use half way through the window. Even less so when you include Swansea and Southampton who haven't been in the PL for the last five years.

A five year net spend comparison isn't a lot of use half way through the window. Even less so when you include Swansea and Southampton who haven't been in the PL for the last five years.

They don't harm the comparison then do they? I've not omitted anyone who should be challenging our 7th to 10th place dominance by spending more have I?

They don't harm the comparison then do they? I've not omitted anyone who should be challenging our 7th to 10th place dominance by spending more have I?

You do the same comparison two weeks and we're down around West Brom's level. It serves no purpose while the market it still active.

And including clubs who haven't been in the PL during the period of comparison clearly skews the results and they haven't enjoyed the associated income during that period.

You do the same comparison two weeks and we're down around West Brom's level. It serves no purpose while the market it still active.

And including clubs who haven't been in the PL during the period of comparison clearly skews the results and they haven't enjoyed the associated income during that period.

And so shouldn't be burning past us in the league. That's the point.

There's no other clubs that have had more income and been in the league a comparable amount of time.

You've got a point on the window still being active, but as it stands there's still little to complain about on the transfer front.

CKmA-0gUMAARFMc.png

My issue has never really been with what Ashley let's the club spend on players.

We've spent £27m with McClaren in charge and many think it's a corner turned.

We spent £27m the year Keegan took over and it was rosy for about 3 games and we got relegated.

We spent £37m last summer and survivced on the last day by luck rather than design.

Beyond investment in the squad, Ashley is a fuck-nut who can't help but walk from one disaster to another.

I think it's important to show as full a picture of spend as possible.

CKmLtMmWIAATiAh.png

Edited by The Fish

The Tottenham figure is pretty impressive. Just goes to show what having just 1 young star can do to a team. 56 mil profit. Ashely's wet dream.

They've an unreasonable ability to make money on their transfers.

Over spending for Darren Bent, offset by convincing some chimp fuckers to over spend for Darren Bent

The Tottenham figure is pretty impressive. Just goes to show what having just 1 young star can do to a team. 56 mil profit. Ashely's wet dream.

They spent most of the Bale money that season. They've been flipping players for profit for years. We need to put a good Jew in charge.

They spent most of the Bale money that season. They've been flipping players for profit for years. We need to put a good Jew in charge.

Exactly and even the non-headline grabbing transfers pull in a fair amount of cash. It's almost like those players get the same kind of mythical aura about them as ex-Man Utd players do. Even though everyone knows Spurs are poop.

Whats with all the 'we've turned a corner' crap going around on the social media. Yeah we've signed two good players, but we're still a way off from having a competing squad, even for the top 8. And its not like other clubs around us have been standing still. Even if we do manage to get in 2-3 more players we'd still only be catching up.

Far too early to get excited.....

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt