Callum McManaman

Halsey apologised quickly so as much as Im infuriated by the incompetence displayed by the officials in that game we really should let it go. Its well established by now anyway the refs in this league are absolute shit.

The way Wigan have acted in all of this is another matter of course.

Halsey was fucking awful but unfortunately that happens with Ref's all the time. He has held his hands up and said he missed it so for me he doesn't really have anything to answer for.

McManaman showed no remorse at the time (carried on after the ball despite Haidara's obvious anguish) or since. Wigan in general have conducted themselves very poorly through the whole thing. Martinez's comments just after the game are somewhat understandable but he really should have admitted it was an awful challenge since and Wheelan just defies belief. He's obviously either senile or just a complete cunt (which after reading a few things about him and the challenge that wrecked his career I think it's the latter).

Hopefully they'll go down and we'll never have to see any of these cunts again let alone bother making up chants against the little scouse twat!

I know it's a side point but didn't McManaman deliberately handle the ball moments later? Apparently that wasn't worth a yellow either

I said this at the time. Deliberate handball is an automatic yellow yet again he gets nothing. Halsey had a mare and it's something the FA got spectacularly wrong by not taking action against him.

I've not seen the full replay after the tackle. Did he not punch the ball out of play so Haidara could get treatment...or am I being kind.

I don't think it was malicious mind. I think it was fucking stupid and high and dangerous and ban worthy and clumsy, but I've no doubt the reaction will be affecting a young lad that made a stupid mistake.

I've not seen the full replay after the tackle. Did he not punch the ball out of play so Haidara could get treatment...or am I being kind.

I don't think it was malicious mind. I think it was fucking stupid and high and dangerous and ban worthy and clumsy, but I've no doubt the reaction will be affecting a young lad that made a stupid mistake.

He's got form though.

If he'd shown any hint of awareness about what he'd done...

I would think Halsey is wishing he hadn't apologised at half time to Pardew,now knowing he could simply have said he saw the incident but wasn't aware of how bad the tackle was ( as in seeing the coming together but not the full incident. ) That's FA talk that.I expect every official to use that excuse now,especially when a Man Utd player is the perpetrator.

I think you're being far too kind. I've not seen the handball since but that certainly wasn't the impression I got and when you look at the replay of the challenge he goes straight on after the ball despite Haidara screaming out in agony and left on the deck. If he had any intention of helping him I don't see why he would have went after ball in the first place. We've seen many occasions when a player has hurt an opponent to far lesser an extent and immediately held his hands up and went to his aid.

The issue of intent is no issue at all for me. The tackle was wild and dangerous any way you look at it. Hopefully it's not as bad an injury as first though but it certainly could have been a career ending one. Intent or not that is supposed to be the type of tackle they are working to wipe out of the game and the FA are spectacularly wide of the mark with the stance they've taken on it.

I believe he has been advised not to apologize by the duo of cocks in charge at Wigan. Everyone over there seem to deny he ever did anything wrong, and they might think an apology would strengthen Newcastle's case for getting the shite player banned.