FAO Leazes

snakehips

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can acknowledge any short term run of results as long as you like, I've done that too, but it changes absolutely nothing in terms of the longer term ambition and aims of the club. Because that is all it is, a short term [good] blip. If he wants real success, he is going to have to attempt it by doing it the way everybody else attempts to do it, including his predecessors.

I knew I'd regret replying :lol: :lol: :lol::jesuswept:

Player power is key for this move ever to to be made. That much is certain. Andy Carroll will have to be pro-active in making it happen. If it were purely down to Liverpool & Newcastle to thrash out a deal between themselves, it wouldn't happen. We're the last club Liverpool would choose to sell Andy to as it would make them look more than a little silly. They would much rather ship him off to an Aston Villa or a West Ham or even an AC Milan (good luck with Mandy) just to save face if nothing else. Also from NUFC's point of view, there is no chance of us paying anything over £15million or the kind of money LFC would rather be scrambling for if they had it there own way. AC has to make his feelings known that he will only move from LFC, back home to us and nobody else, for this deal to be pulled off.

If that sounds unlikely, than I cant help but look at the Robbie Keane fiasco Liverpool went through not so long ago. They signed him from Spurs for £20million, he was considered a flop and loaned back to Spurs within 6 months, only to sign for them permanently another 6 months later for a lower fee. Keane forced that move through and the scousers played ball. History could well repeat itself on a slightly higher scale, so it isn't as unlikely as it may seem.

Whether Andy Carroll fitting in our current squad and playing style makes sense is another issue altogether & to be honest, is only worth going through if this transfer does indeed move forward and look apparent. Where this also leave's Demba Ba is another story. The July 31st deadline in his release clause continue's to tick down & I have no doubts a story or two will come about for last season's top scorer until then.

What's clear in my eyes is that any kind of a deal for Carroll coming back would be a job well done for NUFC. He is a player that came through our youth system, was class in the first team & then sold for a ridiculous record fee. All of which was pure net profit. The net gain we made would reduce slightly with whatever fee we give back to the scousers, but to have the deal come full circle would be very sweet indeed.

We shall see.

Ba to be sold, Carroll to sign on loan as a replacement ? Then this time next year, we will only have Cisse [if he's still here too], while the loan of Carroll enables the owner and his sidekick to pacify the more idiotic supporter while more transfer money disappears ? Is this what you mean ?

Ba to be sold, Carroll to sign on loan as a replacement ? Then this time next year, we will only have Cisse [if he's still here too], while the loan of Carroll enables the owner and his sidekick to pacify the more idiotic supporter while more transfer money disappears ? Is this what you mean ?

What if we sign Debuchy too? His stock rose more than most at Euro 12...arguably more than anyone. If NUFC sign him, is that ambition?

What if we sign Debuchy too? His stock rose more than most at Euro 12...arguably more than anyone. If NUFC sign him, is that ambition?

I was asking a question there HF ie that scenario. My feelings about ambition are well documented, in fact they are similar to your distrust of the owner too, so there is no point in me posting them again. My sig is a quick statement of my views, based on common sense rather than wild naive optimism. Meanwhile, numerous posters put us through Groundhog Day again by making these very naive optimistic comments and dismiss good old fashioned common sense.

please can we not get into this old chestnut. leazes has been behaving so well recently, i was just about to take him off ignore.

strange to see you say this Dr Gloom, when you have spent a long time agreeing with me, until recently. Perhaps you may yet realise too that this optimism you have shown lately is misguided and short lived too ?

Stick with your initial longer term view and don't be fooled, is my advice.

I was asking a question there HF ie that scenario. My feelings about ambition are well documented, in fact they are similar to your distrust of the owner too, so there is no point in me posting them again. My sig is a quick statement of my views, based on common sense rather than wild naive optimism. Meanwhile, numerous posters put us through Groundhog Day again by making these very naive optimistic comments and dismiss good old fashioned common sense.

In the last few pages you've argued for Carroll as a better option than we have and against him as lacking ambition and only pacifying the idiots.

Think you're looking for a bite today.

In the last few pages you've argued for Carroll as a better option than we have and against him as lacking ambition and only pacifying the idiots.

Think you're looking for a bite today.

so you moved this to this thread. In actual fact, you are wrong. I think people are returning to posting the same old shite they have always posted. Starting with the flak Armchair Pundit got just for posting comments that someone didn't agree with [but happen to be correct].

Fuck off with moving these posts man, put it back where in the thread it belongs. I'm off now anyway.

Why does any of this belong in a thread on Andy Carroll?

I didn't move any of it btw.

HF, the vast majority of posts don't stay on topic for their entirety, and the longer they are, the less the chance of that happening.

Do one of your graphs or pie charts to prove it.

fuck off with making every thread about your need to right.

or, just fuck off.

I don't think this is my doing MF, as much as you might like to make it out to be. I think Armchair Pundit made a good comment and got flak for it, then both Alex and luckyluke replied to me/made reference to me for no reason. So please explain where it is my fault ?

Other people have made reference to me too, to which i haven't replied, are you going to blame me for those too ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't think this is my doing MF, as much as you might like to make it out to be. I think Armchair Pundit made a good comment and got flak for it, then both Alex and luckyluke replied to me/made reference to me for no reason. So please explain where it is my fault ?

Other people have made reference to me too, to which i haven't replied, are you going to blame me for those too ?

read any one of your posts from the last two pages, they could have been lifted from any one of the hundreds of threads you have ruined over the last 6 years.

They weren't though, they were posted by you, today.

That's why it's moved to here

At what point did Armchair or anyone else mention blowing people up in shopping centres?

You're in parody mode this morning.

at what point did I prompt luckyluke to make the reference to me that he did ? That IS where that comment was made ? Can't you tell me why it is OK for 90% to hold an opinion different to the 10% but its only the 10% who "have to be right" and "go through the Groundhog Day" again ?

read any one of your posts from the last two pages, they could have been lifted from any one of the hundreds of threads you have ruined over the last 6 years.

They weren't though, they were posted by you, today.

That's why it's moved to here

nice edit. Keep ruining threads.