Time for a new Pope

Christmas Tree

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people really give a shit about this bunch of wrong'uns?

Only about 1.2 billion people.

As the lone Catholic voice on here, I fully expect none of this to be taken seriously but it's significant for those of us that give a shit. I'm pleased with his appointment and like him better than the last one already.

:lol: - Zappa on the Crapper!

Pope Francis I of Argentina is the new guy btw.

Benedict was 78 when he got Poped, resigned as he was too old to carry on.

New guy is 76-way to learn from past mistakes Catholic Church.

The average age of the lads up for election was 70 - with none of them being older than 80. What a load of shite.

Only about 1.2 billion people.

As the lone Catholic voice on here, I fully expect none of this to be taken seriously but it's significant for those of us that give a shit. I'm pleased with his appointment and like him better than the last one already.

You're not the only one but he's another conservative. Do you really think he's going to reform the Catholic Church for the 21st century?

You're not the only one but he's another conservative. Do you really think he's going to reform the Catholic Church for the 21st century?

I don't think any of them that were in the running this time would do that tbh. I'm a hypocritical, albeit practicing Catholic who is fully aware of the archaic nature of the religion but takes what I need out of it. Which is probably a sin and I'll go to hell. Oh well...

I don't think any of them that were in the running this time would do that tbh. I'm a hypocritical, albeit practicing Catholic who is fully aware of the archaic nature of the religion but takes what I need out of it. Which is probably a sin and I'll go to hell. Oh well...

I'm also a cherry picking catholic, I wanted a brave pope.

I wanted one to say that contraception was okay, that gays weren't condemned to hell, that priests could marry and to actively promote transparency in the uncovering of child abuse.

Of course that was never going to happen but to get one that would start the ball rolling would have been real progress.

Even if one of those things is/was addressed then its progress! In our diocese we've only got 1 priest-in-training at the moment and something like 75% of our clergy are over 50 years old. It'll have to change at some point.

It won't change though, not until the church becomes more inclusive and accepts married/female priests and it looks like we're going to have another 15 years of that not happening. The church continues to cut its own throat.