Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad I'd be delighted with a point before the game and I think we deserved one tbh. So not happy at all about that.

With that said this was always a game we were unlikely to get anything from so we shouldn't be too disheartened. It's the home games and the games against the bottom half sides we can't afford to lose.

The lack of impetus once Gouffran went off was very worrying, and Cisse didn't get enough service throughout. Gouffran was a threat, makes intelligent runs and aside from Ben Arfa we don't really have anyone like that.

Marveaux was anonymous, Tiote is abysmal, we had no-one who could come on and really add too much although Shola at least gives us someone to hold the ball up.

And Spurs are a proper one man team, without Bale they looked pretty average and I'm sure we'd have drawn had he not played. Doesn't excuse our sloppiness though - passes, dead balls, set pieces; sick and tired of us giving the ball away.

Very poor from Marveaux who contributed nothing. Tiote was shite as well and the less said about Shola the better.

Turning point was the Gouffran injury, we looked strong while he was still on. Always expected to lose this one, we must take the positives and move on.

Shola was on for a whole 10 minutes. I know he's limited but he gets too much stick iyam.

Two defensive errors for their goals although take nothing away from Bale who was the difference between the two sides.

Dont think our attack linked up at all, passing in the final third was abysmal apart from a few instances Sissoko who at least was able to setup people for having a go at goal. Jonas really really has to do something about his passing, its shocking. Feel a bit sorry for Cisse who worked his socks off but barely had a decent chance at goal.

Hope Gouffran is okay, his work rate is excellent to go along with the clever forward play and when he went off we werent the same side. Marveaux did absolutely nothing.

Back down to earth then but it was always going to be a tough game and we were able to match them for long periods without providing too much threat on goal. Could have easily gotten a draw if we had dealt with the long ball for their second goal or Perch decided to jump in the wall for their first.

Very poor from Marveaux who contributed nothing. Tiote was shite as well and the less said about Shola the better.Turning point was the Gouffran injury, we looked strong while he was still on. Always expected to lose this one, we must take the positives and move on.
Very poor from Marveaux who contributed nothing. Tiote was shite as well and the less said about Shola the better.

What utter bollocks. Tiote put some good tackles in, marveaux didn't get the chance and what the fuck did u expect Shola to do in the time he had? Need to give credit to spurs

Shola was on for a whole 10 minutes. I know he's limited but he gets too much stick iyam.

You can't deny he should have scored though?

Poor second half showing from us, done exactly what we shouldn't have done and gave Bale too much room to open up. Take him out of the game and Spurs are very average.

True, he's an easy target though.

He nearly scored, made the keeper save anyway.

Bit gutted, but before the Villa game if I'd been offered a win and two draws for 5 points I'd have taken it, 6 points is even better.

Spurs'd be nowt without the welsh twat though.

Really disappointed with the effort Marveaux put in when he came on. He needs to show more hunger for me. He's shown in the free role he's more than a good enough player, but he's not expected to put as much of a shift in there which is why he's looked better. In that role today he looked like he was lacking both heart and effort.

You can't deny he should have scored though?

Poor second half showing from us, done exactly what we shouldn't have done and gave Bale too much room to open up. Take him out of the game and Spurs are very average.

The keeper came out so fast and saved from Shola. It wasn't a clear cut chance.

Like I said I really really really couldn't see either side getting a winner, for most of the second half both sides offered little in the final third. Thought it would fizzle out and finish as it was at half-time and I'd have been delighted with that.

It might 'only' be a point, but who knows what that point could mean for us come May.

for a pro cisse has a terrible first touch and no skill but we don't have anyone else unfortunately. it was a good team performance tho

His touch for our second goal was terrible last week like. :cuppa:

for a pro cisse has a terrible first touch and no skill but we don't have anyone else unfortunately. it was a good team performance tho

You must be watching someone else, he's very skillfull IMO, holds it well and has good touch.

What utter bollocks. Tiote put some good tackles in, marveaux didn't get the chance and what the fuck did u expect Shola to do in the time he had? Need to give credit to spurs

Thought Tiote did alright although he made a couple of very wild challenges. Agree about Shola too he had once chance and he got it on target.

What the hell are you in about Marveaux though? He did shite all in almost 40 minutes he was on the pitch, compare that to Gouffran's performance in the first half.

You must be watching someone else, he's very skillfull IMO, holds it well and has good touch.

Yup had very little support and zero delivery into him today. Still managed to hold up the ball with around 4 spurs players on him everytime he had possesion and worked his socks off chasing people down when they had the ball. I think once HBA comes back in and we have some sort of an understanding developed amongst our new look attack he'll be getting a lot more chances and he'll put most of them away too.

Thought Tiote did alright although he made a couple of very wild challenges. Agree about Shola too he had once chance and he got it on target.

What the hell are you in about Marveaux though? He did shite all in almost 40 minutes he was on the pitch, compare that to Gouffran's performance in the first half.

Marveaux also left Santon exposed which never helps either

Next league game is Southampton at home in a couple of weeks. Will be far more bothered about losing that should we do so than I am today about the Spurs game.

Hopefully other results go our way today although had we won this and if we were to win the next game we'd have probably cemented a mid-table position for a while.

Yup had very little support and zero delivery into him today. Still managed to hold up the ball with around 4 spurs players on him everytime he had possesion and worked his socks off chasing people down when they had the ball. I think once HBA comes back in and we have some sort of an understanding developed amongst our new look attack he'll be getting a lot more chances and he'll put most of them away too.

This.

We had a few set-pieces today and he did very little. Doesn't help that our set-pieces are a waste of time.