Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A mate of mine who knows far more about politics than myself, recons Brexit won't / can't happen.

It certainly can still happen as the MP’s have already voted to leave, regardless of a deal, on 29th March.

What actually will come to pass is pure guess work. The best political minds in the country are dumbfounded as to what happens next.

29 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It certainly can still happen as the MP’s have already voted to leave, regardless of a deal, on 29th March.

What actually will come to pass is pure guess work. The best political minds in the country are dumbfounded as to what happens next.

:)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I don’t think you’ve covered the “it’s all guesswork” option before in your seemingly never ending list of predicted outcomes :lol: And does this mean it hasn’t all been sorted out for weeks now? 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: They have, the withdrawal bill, it’s law.

To clarify, they voted to allow May to trigger A50. They didn't vote to trigger it. The WA is subject to a meaningful vote, which hasn't been voted on. You think it's the law we have to leave in March? A PV or revoking A50 is literally illegal? Are you sure?

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

To clarify, they voted to allow May to trigger A50. They didn't vote to trigger it. The WA is subject to a meaningful vote, which hasn't been voted on. You think it's the law we have to leave in March? A PV or revoking A50 is literally illegal? Are you sure?

May plainly thinks it’s her deal v no deal in the meaningful vote and most in Westminster will capitulate. How do you think will they go about introducing a third way ie “people’s vote”?  

1 hour ago, Renton said:

:lol: It is currently “The Law” that we leave in March. If they vote down Mays deal, leaving in March is still “The Law”.

Parliament can pass as many advisory motions as it likes, but none have no legal standing UNLESS the government legislates for them.

40 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: It is currently “The Law” that we leave in March. If they vote down Mays deal, leaving in March is still “The Law”.

Parliament can pass as many advisory motions as it likes, but none have no legal standing UNLESS the government legislates for them.

On balance you're probably right, no deal is the default position and its far from clear if parliament can actually block the executive now if it chooses to go down that route. And A50 may or may not be able to be unilaterally revoked anyway, thats being decided next week i think. Its complicated.

https://publiclawforeveryone.com/2017/10/16/can-parliament-block-a-no-deal-brexit/

So much for parliamentary democracy then. Its yet another casualty of Brexit. Just wait until the government get their hands on all those Henry VIII powers. 

What a bunch of ungrateful cunts we are.

I wonder if i will ever lose the feeling of shame at being British that seems to have crept into me permanently over this.

We've voted ourselves into total irrelevance and economic pain. And some of us are so insecure about themselves that they're unable to be critical of the situation as 'being right' is more important than reality.

It's like we're a country of 5 year olds.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

What a bunch of ungrateful cunts we are.

I wonder if i will ever lose the feeling of shame at being British that seems to have crept into me permanently over this.

We've voted ourselves into total irrelevance and economic pain. And some of us are so insecure about themselves that they're unable to be critical of the situation as 'being right' is more important than reality.

It's like we're a country of 5 year olds.

Aye.

I wonder if CT can articulate how this deal is better than want we have currently? May can't.  As far as I can tell, it stops FoM and no other "advantages". Saving money is spurious and anyway we still have to pay 40 billion up front!

As for FoM, it means EU citizens can't easily travel or work in the UK. But we now can't do the same in 27 EU nations! Too late to make a big difference to me directly but thanks CT for taking that right away from my kids, you massive malodorous cunt.