Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

So what were the subtleties in the last vote that meant May wanted it to fail? 

From her pov she doesn't need no deal fear any more as she'll be putting the turd up next week for another vote as the only way out. 

Even in her shitness I just don't get it. 

The original vote (that she wanted to succeed), was that no deal on the 29th March was ruled out. That wouldn’t stop us leaving on no deal at a later date.

However, before it was voted on, it was amended by Parliament to rule out no deal forever. That’s why she then wanted it to fail.

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

The only other time my brain feels like it does tonight, is on the rare occasions I try to grapple with the offside rule.

9 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

The only other time my brain feels like it does tonight, is on the rare occasions I try to grapple with my 32” waist jeans

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Can someone just summarise WTF is going on?

May is gambling that the hard brexiteers, who keep voting her turd down, soil themselves at the prospect of a lengthy extension to A50 and a much softer form or Brexit, or no Brexit at all.

She’s been reduced to crossing her fingers, saying a little prayer, and willing that stubborn turd to finally flush, at the third time of asking. We’ve all been there. 

And if that still doesn’t work, it’s time to start throwing buckets of bleach and warm water over MPs and scrubbing them with a toilet brush. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know she's a robot and would probably just reply brexit means brexit but has anyone actually asked her why she's so determined to keep her red lines? 

She must realise she can't make it hard enough so the nut jobs will vote for it so I don't understand why she won't consider a softer option - especially knowing that's what businesses want. 

I suppose its a fear of losing "betrayed" tory voters but still. 

I think she’ll go whether he deal passes or not. She’s hoping her legacy will be getting a version of her deal through, against all the odds, when no one thought it would be possible. At least she didn’t bottle it, like all the charlatans who got us into this mess, but jeez, she must have low self esteem.

16 minutes ago, NJS said:

I know she's a robot and would probably just reply brexit means brexit but has anyone actually asked her why she's so determined to keep her red lines? 

She must realise she can't make it hard enough so the nut jobs will vote for it so I don't understand why she won't consider a softer option - especially knowing that's what businesses want. 

I suppose its a fear of losing "betrayed" tory voters but still. 

The softer option is just remain without the benefits. The worst option.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

She genuinely hates immigrants. It's as simple as that.

If that's true, why has she let the non-EU immigration rate rise to compensate the drop off in EU immigration? Does she only hate Europeans, who by and large are white and Christian? Seems unlikely. Also doesn't explain her opposition to the CU. 

I think she's just maniacally stubborn. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

The softer option is just remain without the benefits. The worst option.

Can you explain what you mean by that or can't you be bothered again? Being in the SM has huge benefits, benefits that could save Nissan. Ask Norway, who are in it, or ask Turkey, who aren't. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can you explain what you mean by that or can't you be bothered again? Being in the SM has huge benefits, benefits that could save Nissan. Ask Norway, who are in it, or ask Turkey, who aren't. 

Basically most people given a choice of Norway or remain would prefer remain which keeps influence, veto, rebate etc.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

If that's true, why has she let the non-EU immigration rate rise to compensate the drop off in EU immigration? Does she only hate Europeans, who by and large are white and Christian? Seems unlikely. Also doesn't explain her opposition to the CU. 

I think she's just maniacally stubborn. 

Because it has become a neccesity. Not because she wants to. She dreams of a white, Christian Britain as it was in the days where she could run through wheat fields completely carefree. I'm convinced that's her Rosebud.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Basically most people given a choice of Norway or remain would prefer remain which keeps influence, veto, rebate etc.

So it’s the worst option out of the two best options rather than the worst option, you fucking halfwit 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

But it would deliver the "will of the people" you Brexiters are always banging on about, we would be out the EU and their political institutions. It's a compromise I am sure more than 50% of people could embrace and it would save our economy. It actually makes a lot of sense, and I'm sure in time, with competent politicians (ha ha) we could mould ourselves a position in the outer tier of the EU and still have political clout. 

This could have been done by now but for May and her extreme red lines. 

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Because it has become a neccesity. Not because she wants to. She dreams of a white, Christian Britain as it was in the days where she could run through wheat fields completely carefree. I'm convinced that's her Rosebud.

I have to say the Windrush thing convinced me that there's a lot of truth in this - picking on a very accepted community for very little return was very vindictive. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Or because in reality it can't be controlled. Seems the policy at the moment is to make our country too unattractive for Europeans to consider but still attractive to the developing world. 

• Like 2