Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not sure that’s strictly correct. I think the government is portioning the procedural committee first and will set out further plans tomorrow.

And as sure as day follows night...

PrRfmiv.jpg

Saying Cameron is a hero for offering us a referendum is like praising the parent of a toddler who has been furnished with a handgun and then shot itself.

We the people were too fucking stupid to vote on this CT. We had no clue what we wanted, no clue what the EU was, how it affected our lives and what leaving would mean. And he fucking knew this but did it anyway. He's a sociopath at best. At best!

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Rayvin said:

Saying Cameron is a hero for offering is a referendum is like praising the parent of a toddler who has been furnished with a handgun and then shot itself.

We the people were too fucking stupid to vote on this CT. We had no clue what we wanted, no clue what the EU was, how it affected our lives and what leaving would mean. And he fucking knew this but did it anyway. He's a sociopath at best. At best!

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

http://labourmanifesto.com/2001/2001-labour-manifesto.shtml

@Christmas Tree  can you point out where taking the Euro as currency is mentioned in Labours 2001 manifesto? Take your time mate, no dramas...

:lol: Full EU withdrawal (without a referendum) was in Labours manifesto in 83. Brown and Blair wanted to join the single currency during their time but were terrified of putting it in the manifesto because it may lose them the election. This is why they came up with their 5 tests.

Trying to say the country has not had a growing problem with the EU for the last 4 decades is just ignorant. It was always only a matter of time, particularly given Labours many false promises to hold a referendum during their 13 years in government.

I'll take that as a no then shall I CT? :D

As far as I remember Labour chose not to join the eurozone and failed to give a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. I think that goes down as protecting the country from the likes of the utterly moronic shit show we've endured for the last 2.5 years. We're a representative democracy rather than one based on plebiscites. Cameron , with his 3 referendums, rather lost site of this. To say the fuckin least. 

46 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Full EU withdrawal (without a referendum) was in Labours manifesto in 83. Brown and Blair wanted to join the single currency during their time but were terrified of putting it in the manifesto because it may lose them the election. This is why they came up with their 5 tests.

Trying to say the country has not had a growing problem with the EU for the last 4 decades is just ignorant. It was always only a matter of time, particularly given Labours many false promises to hold a referendum during their 13 years in government.

Why are you incapable of being critical of the Tories? If Labour had produced the shitshow we're seeing now, I'd be furious with them.

49 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

1983! Fucking hell, only 35 years ago.

What a contrarian cunt you are, arguing for the sake of it. 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Why are you incapable of being critical of the Tories? If Labour had produced the shitshow we're seeing now, I'd be furious with them.

Because being "right" and different on the internet is all he cares about. Quite ironic he's constantly shown to be wrong. :icon_lol:

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Well tbf, I did say many many months ago that Labour was responsible for this shit show by playing politics and not supporting the original will of the people, then will of Parliament. They stood at last years election with leaving the single market, leaving the CU and doing trade deals. Since then they have played politics.

Unless you of course believe the spin that Corbin can somehow negotiate this magical deal he talks about?

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well tbf, I did say many many months ago that Labour was responsible for this shit show by playing politics and not supporting the original will of the people, then will of Parliament. They stood at last years election with leaving the single market, leaving the CU and doing trade deals. Since then they have played politics.

Unless you of course believe the spin that Corbin can somehow negotiate this magical deal he talks about?

I think Labour's Brexit stance to date has been pathetic and entirely fucking pointless. See how easy it is to criticise your own side and still continue to function as a human being?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/may-team-second-referendum-soft-brexit?bftwuk=&utm_term=4ldqpgm&ref=hpsplash

As I’ve said, a second referendum is the only way of getting her deal through.

Not quite sure how a referendum can sort it. If her deal gets thrashed, then surely most MP’s will not allow her to put that deal as an option on the ballot.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

He actually  said that.

What an utter cock knocker. 

In separate news, Norway will veto our entry into EFTA, unsurprisingly. Looking increasingly like remain or no deal as time goes on, but more likely remain. 

Don’t know why anyone would assume we’d get the same deal as Norway given the difference in the two economies. It’s obvious you might give concessions to a smaller economy that you wouldn’t necessarily want to afford to a competitor ( which is what we’d be).