Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Its not public opinion that needs to turn now tbf, it no longer matters what the people think, just what the MPs "think".

If you're looking for leadership then you're looking in the wrong place.

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If you're looking for leadership then you're looking in the wrong place.

I know we’ve had some trouble with bots today but that’s a bit harsh on ant iyam

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ToonSoldier28 said:

Whether In or Out we can all recognise the ability of the Beautiful Game to break down borders. Let's not get bogged down in politics and lose sight of what's important in life! Sharing great experiences and memories with others all around the globe!!! Worth checking out this video for a reminder of the power of football around the globe, within Europe and also further afield. 

Lee ‘United’ Ryder

Taken from the Times:

The Conservatives, the party of enterprise, are turning on their own. Sir Craig Oliver, David Cameron’s director of communications, tweeted on Sunday that the Tories saying “f*** business” is like Labour declaring “f*** the NHS” or the Greens shouting “f*** the environment”. Conservative MPs don’t know whether to be angry or depressed. “It’s a nightmare. Corporate madness has descended on us,” says one former cabinet minister ...

The mistrust between business and the government is deep and mutual. One senior figure in the City suggests that Mrs May, who will address The Times CEO Summit today, has so little interest in or understanding of business that she should remove the words “First Lord of the Treasury” from the letterbox at No 10 because she has given up on the job of promoting economic prosperity. The cabinet, he says, is held in contempt in many boardrooms because of the lack of seriousness at the top. “There’s a sense that it’s a bunch of amateurs in charge, that the government is run by teenagers obsessed with their own narcissistic ambitions who have no capacity to understand the world as it is rather than how they imagine it to be.”

In contrast to Labour, who with John McDonnell as shadow chancellor are “deadly serious” about shaking up the economy, the Tories are seen as “frivolous”, with no answers to the big challenges facing the country. “People are constantly amazed by just how s*** ministers are,” says this corporate source.

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Taken from the Times:

The Conservatives, the party of enterprise, are turning on their own. Sir Craig Oliver, David Cameron’s director of communications, tweeted on Sunday that the Tories saying “f*** business” is like Labour declaring “f*** the NHS” or the Greens shouting “f*** the environment”. Conservative MPs don’t know whether to be angry or depressed. “It’s a nightmare. Corporate madness has descended on us,” says one former cabinet minister ...

The mistrust between business and the government is deep and mutual. One senior figure in the City suggests that Mrs May, who will address The Times CEO Summit today, has so little interest in or understanding of business that she should remove the words “First Lord of the Treasury” from the letterbox at No 10 because she has given up on the job of promoting economic prosperity. The cabinet, he says, is held in contempt in many boardrooms because of the lack of seriousness at the top. “There’s a sense that it’s a bunch of amateurs in charge, that the government is run by teenagers obsessed with their own narcissistic ambitions who have no capacity to understand the world as it is rather than how they imagine it to be.”

In contrast to Labour, who with John McDonnell as shadow chancellor are “deadly serious” about shaking up the economy, the Tories are seen as “frivolous”, with no answers to the big challenges facing the country. “People are constantly amazed by just how s*** ministers are,” says this corporate source.

You can see why they appeal to the likes of CT though 

I don't really have the imagination or intellect.  Is it because he's a cunt?

Edited by adios
btw if you people don't learn how to paste without formatting soon I will cut you
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, adios said:

I don't really have the imagination or intellect.  Is it because he's a cunt?

It was merely them being a bit thick and incompetent so him being able to relate to them but there is that as well 

Edited by Alex

59 minutes ago, Alex said:

DgpLK0pWAAIH4sI.jpg 

Yeah I saw Sargon announce this a few days ago. It's pathetic but I've always found his views on the EU to be deranged, so it's not entirely unsurprising. It worries me slightly that Sargon is starting to become a political figure in his own right, now organising live events with thousands of people turning up both here and in the US. And he's a fair public speaker.

Suspect he'll be running as an MP soon.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Blair's take on things. I fully agree, mind I'm a neoliberal Blairite cunt. What does @Rayvin think?

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/27/tony-blair-return-to-dark-1930s-politics-no-longer-far-fetched

I also fully agree and will once again take the time to point out that I had very little issue with Blair and Neoliberalism while it appeared to be working, and am only now annoyed at it because it has allowed populism in through the backdoor to make off with all common sense and the futures of our children.

Blair is right about the US needing to value a strategic alliance with the 'West', and that they should actually be pushing for a stronger EU rather than a weaker one. 

Where I think he's wrong is in thinking that Trump will care about any of this. Trump is essentially the personification of populism.

Also at no point have I considered you to be a neoliberal cunt. You're just a man with centrist views, doesn't make you a cunt.

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I also fully agree and will once again take the time to point out that I had very little issue with Blair and Neoliberalism while it appeared to be working, and am only now annoyed at it because it has allowed populism in through the backdoor to make off with all common sense and the futures of our children.

Blair is right about the US needing to value a strategic alliance with the 'West', and that they should actually be pushing for a stronger EU rather than a weaker one. 

Where I think he's wrong is in thinking that Trump will care about any of this. Trump is essentially the personification of populism.

Also at no point have I considered you to be a neoliberal cunt. You're just a man with centrist views, doesn't make you a cunt.

I was joking mate.

Anyway, here is an informative twitter thread from the leaver Pete North about the importance of the single market (rather than CU). I don't agree with loins 29 or 30 but the rest is spot on imo. 

Edited by Renton

13 hours ago, Renton said:

I was joking mate.

Anyway, here is an informative twitter thread from the leaver Pete North about the importance of the single market (rather than CU). I don't agree with loins 29 or 30 but the rest is spot on imo. 

Number 25 sounds desperately familiar

Aye, it was worrying to hear Liz Truss bringing out the old Conservative mantra of deregulation the other day. The idea that businesses are tied up in red tape simply is not true.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Aye, it was worrying to hear Liz Truss bringing out the old Conservative mantra of deregulation the other day. The idea that businesses are tied up in red tape simply is not true.

When I hear a conservative moaning about 'red tape' I always think they're actually moaning about businesses not being able to have an absolute free reign to do whatever they like at the expense of the greater good of people's lives. Tbf they've been chipping away at it for years bit by bit. Imagine a return to a foreman going out the factory gates to pick a couple of men out of a handful waiting for a days work in the shipyards? In 2018 change that scenario to a factory and the men sitting in the house waiting for a text from an agency and they're getting there.