Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The paper quoted a source as saying: "He is arguing from a very Treasury point of view. He is arguing like an accountant seeing the risk of everything rather than the opportunity."

Chancellor in looking at 'facts' and 'figures' shocker!

David Davis to Parliament earlier:

"we have to treat as absolutely central to what we do maintaining the stability of both the City but also the European financial markets."

Just in case there was any lingering doubt as to who will decide what Brexit looks like.

Brexit: leading banks set to pull out of UK early next year

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/22/leading-banks-set-to-pull-out-of-brexit-uk

I hope this is just scaremongering from the banks' trade association. What the fuck is there going to be left of the UK economy if financial services fuck off abroad?

Brexit: leading banks set to pull out of UK early next year

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/22/leading-banks-set-to-pull-out-of-brexit-uk

I hope this is just scaremongering from the banks' trade association. What the fuck is there going to be left of the UK economy if financial services fuck off abroad?

Pffft. Like experts, who the fuck needs bankers? Put them up against the wall, the lot of them.

It's blatant scaremongering. Remember when HSBC were threatening to pull out of the UK and Osborne spent the next six months crawling up China's arsehole. This is just a repeat of that. Anthony Browne is carrying out his masters' orders. The government will be next.

The Guardian is scared to open comments on a lot of these articles now. :) (It is open on this one).

The comments just end up with a lash at the Guardian editors repeating the same prattle...Putin, Feminism, Calais, some Polish family oop North, Bremoan, Banks moving to Mars, Luvvies for this that and the other, bands no-one has heard of etc... :lol:

Edited by Park Life

Don't know if this got a mention or not so apologies if already posted:

Britons are more likely to say that the Government should prioritise getting favourable trade deals with EU countries when negotiating the UK’s exit from the EU than think it should prioritise reducing immigration (49% vs 39%)

Source: http://www.comresglobal.com/polls/independent-sunday-mirror-political-poll-october-2016/

I hadn't seen it, so thanks. Encouraging to read; maybe the government will move to that position.

The real difficulty IMO is that I don't see what they can possibly say to the Leave crowd if they have to accept any form of immigration. How do you 'spin' that?

I hadn't seen it, so thanks. Encouraging to read; maybe the government will move to that position.

The worry is that the over-55's prioritise controlling immigration. And it's the old bigoted fucks who get out to vote.

Edited by ewerk

Hm. Still though, the younger generations should absolutely be making this a priority. It's hard to say they can blame the old if they didn't vote. I reserve the right to blame the old because I do vote though ;)

It's a fair point - maybe the Guardian didn't release it in time for his planned speech. I can't imagine Corbyn is great at picking things up on the fly like that. I think this will run on for weeks though, so he'll have plenty of other opportunities.

Meaningless really though, isn't it? I think we've all been sucked into this thought that the act of the referendum itself would destabilise the economy. And of course it did, but not as much as actual Brexit will. Very little has changed economically because the only real difference at the moment is that 'Brexit means Brexit' and the pound has tanked.

When Brexit actually happens, if we leave the single market, there's going to be hell on.