Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm now attempting to persuade various European colleagues and friends that they are welcome here, and that we do appreciate their contribution to society. Which I know now is apparently bollocks, but I don't feel I can just say that.

There's real hurt there because they thought we were all unified as a European people, and now we've turned our backs on them.

Apologising just doesn't seem enough.

Is that right what they were saying on R5 that Johnson couldn't hold a press conference earlier cos no one could ask him a question over the deafening boos. I fucking hope so, although having said that, London invented that cunt. No use booing him now.

We'll not get the referendum. Even if we did, the Republic can't afford to take us on.

My concern is more economic. If the global companies that are already here can move 50 miles down the road to gain access to the European market then they will. And bad economic times will lead to a rise in terrorism here.

I didn't think there would be a referendum but could see aggro arising from the arguments in the wake of this. That was what a meant really, a possible rise in sectarian tensions.

I'm now attempting to persuade various European colleagues and friends that they are welcome here, and that we do appreciate their contribution to society. Which I know now is apparently bollocks, but I don't feel I can just say that.

There's real hurt there because they thought we were all unified as a European people, and now we've turned our backs on them.

I'd be telling them to "make me a fucking coffee, pronto" if I were you.

The EU can take some of the blame too like. When Cameron went looking for some concessions he was promptly told to fuck off, which made his argument that it was better to reform from within pretty much null and void. Projecting the union jack onto a few nice buildings in Vienna etc. in the last couple of days didn't really make up for that.

I'm picturing you walking round the office hugging random foreigners and whispering into their ears how much you appreciate them.

I'm picturing you walking round the office hugging random foreigners and whispering into their ears how much you appreciate them.

"Carla.... My beautiful Spanish intern.... Stop crying..... I voted remain *unzip*"

The EU can take some of the blame too like. When Cameron went looking for some concessions he was promptly told to fuck off, which made his argument that it was better to reform from within pretty much null and void. Projecting the union jack onto a few nice buildings in Vienna etc. in the last couple of days didn't really make up for that.

He actually got some fairly important concessions. Block on migrant benefits and exemption from closer union. He was never going to get a block on free movement though. The UK already had the best of both worlds. Not in the Euro. Not in Schengen. A hefty rebate. Why should we always be seen as a special case? Why are we always happy to take the benefits without the responsibilities?

Agree with that.

There's been an assumption on their part as arrogant as Cameron's.

Why should we always be seen as a special case? Why are we always happy to take the benefits without the responsibilities?

This is why plenty of mainland Europeans will be delighted to see the back of us. Assuming the EU survives at all, obviously. It's a legacy-fest all round.