Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Difficult to know what to do for holiday currency as well. Some have predicted the pound will fall to less than the value of the Euro after Brexit. On the hand, if remain wins it will increase in strength by double digits.

I'm fucking off to Corfu on the 28th for a week - probably just enough time for some kind of shitstorm to hit.

The problem a few of you "remainers" seem to have is that you are way over egging any particular downside.

Experts say a bump or a very mild recession, where as usual, Rentons on the street corner with his "the end is nigh" sandwich board.

It's well known that the overall economy of the U.K. Is set to grow very well, regardless of which way we vote, and that we will all be a lot better off over the coming decade.

As usual though on here, it's the plebs and the old people what done it. :lol:

Difficult to know what to do for holiday currency as well. Some have predicted the pound will fall to less than the value of the Euro after Brexit. On the hand, if remain wins it will increase in strength by double digits.

Buy it now and have a punt on us remaining in the EU. That way any foregone income due to a rise in GBPEUR will be covered by your winnings.

Alternatively, wait and have a punt on us leaving the EU. That way, any loss as a result of a fall in GBPEUR will be offset by your winnings.

We have never, and shout never, be a plebiscite democracy, if you want to know why, look at the CTs of this world, and tbf to CT, he's at least engaged in the debate. You can add the Rentons of this world too before CT starts wailing. Normal people simply do not have the ability to make this kind of decision for themselves and even if they do, they tend to vote for self interest motivations (especially the older generation).

That's why we elect governments to GOVERN us, it's their job. In the absence of government to make decisions, my personal instinct is to look for experts to guide us. They are virtually unanimous we should stay in but for reasons touched on in your post, it appears about half the plebs would rather trust NIGEL fucking FARAGE than the establishment. Unbelievable. :lol:

But it's perfectly understandable why people doubt the establishment because they've been getting fucked over by them for years. Why would somebody on low income give a fuck what someone like the IMF or the head of the ECB says? Yet Cameron is pointing it them and expecting people to respond to it.

Everyone hates bankers, so he points to Mark Carney and says "look, he says we should stay in". That isn't helping. It's a sign of how out of touch Cameron is that he is completely incapable of engaging with people on the stuff that they care about. He's been a fucking shambles from the word go. As has Osborne.

But it's perfectly understandable why people doubt the establishment because they've been getting fucked over by them for years. Why would somebody on low income give a fuck what someone like the IMF or the head of the ECB says? Yet Cameron is pointing it them and expecting people to respond to it.

Everyone hates bankers, so he points to Mark Carney and says "look, he says we should stay in". That isn't helping. It's a sign of how out of touch Cameron is that he is completely incapable of engaging with people on the stuff that they care about. He's been a fucking shambles from the word go. As has Osborne.

And today we have the Germans threatening us :lol:

The problem a few of you "remainers" seem to have is that you are way over egging any particular downside.

Experts say a bump or a very mild recession, where as usual, Rentons on the street corner with his "the end is nigh" sandwich board.

It's well known that the overall economy of the U.K. Is set to grow very well, regardless of which way we vote, and that we will all be a lot better off over the coming decade.

As usual though on here, it's the plebs and the old people what done it. :lol:

How do you know it will be a bump or just a mild recession? I'm basing my pessimistic views on people qualified to have an informed opinion, what are you basing yours on? Actually don't answer, it'll just be the usual confirmation bias your googling brings back.

We're all plebs btw. And I don't blame it on the older generation, although they clearly have less to lose. I blame it on the best prime minister of your lifetime. Not only for giving into the referendum, but also for being a pathetic figure head of Remain.

But a lot of people with the most to lose are voting out. A lot of Nissan workers from Sunderland for instance. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Everything is a threat, a bluff, or project fear to outers.

Nissan say they will leave, bluff. Hitachi, ditto.

Germany say we will be out of the single market, threat.

Major economic groups say we will be substantially worse off, project fear.

Break up of the UK, project fear and bluff.

And yet no answer at all to what will happen in their view in reality, a complete unknown, with the only caveat that it will be great.

Everything is a threat, a bluff, or project fear to outers.

Nissan say they will leave, bluff. Hitachi, ditto.

Germany say we will be out of the single market, threat.

Major economic groups say we will be substantially worse off, project fear.

Break up of the UK, project fear and bluff.

And yet no answer at all to what will happen in their view in reality, a complete unknown, with the only caveat that it will be great.

Can you link to where Nissan "say they will leave". (Or are you in charge of a Toontastic project fear?)

;)

Can you link to where Nissan "say they will leave". (Or are you in charge of a Toontastic project fear?)

;)

Nissan and Toyota have both said they want us to remain. If they lost access to the single market, why would they stay? They're a footloose industry and are part French owned. I don't think they would close overnight, but there would be little logic in them investing here without more government subsidy.

Hitachi have only just moved here and have unambiguously stated they'd be off.

Do you not think there is any risk that we would lose some inward investment then?

Nissan and Toyota have both said they want us to remain. If they lost access to the single market, why would they stay? They're a footloose industry and are part French owned. I don't think they would close overnight, but there would be little logic in them investing here without more government subsidy.

Hitachi have only just moved here and have unambiguously stated they'd be off.

Do you not think there is any risk that we would lose some inward investment then?

Sorry, you said "Nissan said they WILL leave.

Now stop project fearing and answer my PM!!!!!

sadly, the consensus on here is unlikely to reflect the national mood, which has turned alarmingly towards brexit in the last week or so. you could point to the fact that bookies still have remain as favourite and they're not in the habit of losing money but neither are hedge fund managers - and they're are starting to bet on leave, disturbingly.

Brexit is as low as 5/4 with some bookies. The odds are tightening. How depressing, Boristan awaits.

I really hope the remain campaign have something up their sleeves over the next 10 days otherwise we are fucked.

I doubt it though, as they have been worse than useless throughout the entire campaign. Getting rinsed by a campaign spearheaded by Boris, Gove, IDS and Farage is embarrassing.

Brexit is as low as 5/4 with some bookies. The odds are tightening. How depressing, Boristan awaits.

I really hope the remain campaign have something up their sleeves over the next 10 days otherwise we are fucked.

I doubt it though, as they have been worse than useless throughout the entire campaign. Getting rinsed by a campaign spearheaded by Boris, Gove, IDS and Farage is embarrassing.

aye, not exactly the anti-establishment voices you imagine protest voters to turn to.