Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

2bias

So we signed him and didn't expect a good goal return yet at his previous two clubs he had scored 65 goals in 126 games.After we sold him he scored 55 in 122 games for Feyenoord and a further 22 for Milan in 78 games. A canny return for someone who wasn't a natural goalscorer would you say. He was played out of position on occasions and he was shit when he did,but he also played behind the striker and was still shit.Was Barnes not played as the lone striker during that season.Shearer played nearly half the games. I have read a number of excuses for him being shit so can we agree he was.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a man counter his own argument so well.

'He's shit but scored a load of goals and won some of the most coveted prizes in the game during an enormously successful career at some of the biggest clubs in world football''

So we signed him and didn't expect a good goal return yet at his previous two clubs he had scored 65 goals in 126 games.After we sold him he scored 55 in 122 games for Feyenoord and a further 22 for Milan in 78 games. A canny return for someone who wasn't a natural goalscorer would you say. He was played out of position on occasions and he was shit when he did,but he also played behind the striker and was still shit.Was Barnes not played as the lone striker during that season.Shearer played nearly half the games. I have read a number of excuses for him being shit so can we agree he was.

You see that Thorne Travel ad? That's you that is.

:lol:

You're saying playing behind 6 goal John Barnes, would be anything but a hindrance? You've clearly admitted he had a goal scorer's eye for the net, so maybe it's not the difficulty of adapting to the Premier League and instead it's the difficulty of playing up front on your own in a poor side that has had the heart ripped out of it by an egotistical manager?

Jon Dahl Tomasson

1 Was he shit when he played for us ?

2 Was he weak as piss when he played for us ?

3 Was he shit scared when he played for us ?

4 Was it the fault of everyone else that he was shit for us ?

5 Was he not shit when he played for us ?

:lol: I don't understand this post but I'll give it a go.

1. He wasn't adequately nurtured when he played for us.
  2. He was trying to play as targetman when he's clearly not built for it; would you expect any sleight 20yr old to be able to handle playing that role when they never had before?
  3. He was burdened with enormous pressure; the man whose shoes he was trying to fill was Alan Shearer.
  4. Not everyone else, but it certainly wasn't because he's a shit player, or that his class couldn't shine in the Premier League in right circumstances (think Solskjaer).
  5. See point one

Whoscored.com had MYM as the sixth highest rated Roma player, not bad for a defender in a side that conceded 7 #uselessfact

Edited by OTF

Whoscored.com had MYM as the sixth highest rated Roma player, not bad for a defender in a side that conceded 7 #uselessfact

Or fifth worst? :lol: