Siem De Jong

Barney

With the number of points we have, we are hardly likely to be relegated. Don't see what how letting Pardew go was a risk.

Err, that's why it was a calculated risk. :lol:

Cabella has come good

And signing him was a calculated risk because we spent a fair bit of dosh on him and he might not have come good :lol:

and signing Ba was hardly a major risk. He didn't let us or Chelsea down.

But it was a calculated risk because of his injury record :lol: :lol: :lol:

When we signed any player with Pardew as manager it was a calculated risk.

Where was the calculated risk in signing Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard? The calculated risk comes when you sign a player who has a recent history of injury, eg De Jong and I suppose the fact he has cost the club 50 grand a week is immaterial, it's only Ashley's money.

They could break their neck in the 1st training session, they could flop, they could be involved in off-field shenanigans.

The calculated risk is realising there is risk in everything and calculating whether the reward is worth the risk. That's what calculated risk means.

Where was the calculated risk in signing Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard? The calculated risk comes when you sign a player who has a recent history of injury, eg De Jong and I suppose the fact he has cost the club 50 grand a week is immaterial, it's only Ashley's money.

:lol: Please tell me you're on the wind-up, man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-offer-siem-de-5192305

The Dutch striker is facing eight weeks on the sidelines, and will be given the opportunity to watch Under-21 games and report back to John Carver

Serena Taylor

Coming apart at the Siems: De Jong has has a miserable first season at St James' Park

Siem De Jong is to be handed a coaching role to keep him switched on during his latest rehabilitation.

The Dutch star is facing eight weeks out after a “major” op on the second collapsed lung of his career.

Head coach John Carver will ask De Jong, who had been out with a groin problem since September, if he wants to help out by monitoring U21 games, and reporting back.

Carver said: “He’s such a positive guy he might be back quicker than anyone expects.

“I want to make him feel part of the club because I think he’s a little bit frustrated because he’s come here with a big reputation and he’s not been able to get on the pitch and give something to the fans.

Good guy: Carver is keen to keep De Jong involved

“He got so close and then it’s like chopping his legs away. So I need to have a discussion with him but if I can use him around the place I’d be mad not to.”

Newcastle are also missing Paul Dummett, Cheick Tiote, both for the season, and Remy Cabella for the Manchester City clash this weekend.

Carver said: “ If you look at the injuries – Siem, Cheick, Dummett, Steven Taylor – four of our big players have serious injuries, not muscle strains.

“You’d normally get one or two of those in a season, we got three in a week – it’s a bit unfortunate.”

Edited by The Fish

Thanks for your comment. I will pass it on to one of my relatives who is brain damaged but lives as full a life as possible.

Why would you do something like that? That would probably put a downer on their day...