HMV to call in the administrators

Sonatine

I can spend lots of time in HMV but rarely spend any money there. Main problem, unfortunately. :(

Fond memories of hopping on the bus into town every Monday morning during school holidays to peruse the best of the new singles (and/or the latest Gina G remix CD).

Also good for popping into when you're out with someone new and you suspect you might have terminally incompatible musical taste. ;)

I was in our local one on Sunday.....sad times :(

I live in a town of 100 000 people and now if I want to buy a CD its 8 miles to a posh-ish market town which has somehow clung on to its small independant shop. Proud to day I very rarely download anything. Its a fuckin souless way to experience music :(

I was in our local one on Sunday.....sad times :(

I live in a town of 100 000 people and now if I want to buy a CD its 8 miles to a posh-ish market town which has somehow clung on to its small independant shop. Proud to day I very rarely download anything. Its a fuckin souless way to experience music :(

Remember when I was in Whitby this summer and thought it was class that amongst all of the shops there was a local independent electronica store.

Remember when I was in Whitby this summer and thought it was class that amongst all of the shops there was a local independent electronica store.

Never been but Whitby's cool with Goths due to the abbey/Bram Stoker's Dracula...maybe something to do with that....Techno Goths :lol:

Never been but Whitby's cool with Goths due to the abbey/Bram Stoker's Dracula...maybe something to do with that....Techno Goths :lol:

I went in like and just had a chat to them, wanted to make it sound like I actually knew what I was talking about. Which of course I didn't.

I'm just amazed it hasn't happened sooner. Surely this is less about the economy and more about them just having a business model that is completely outdated. Either way, a shit start to 2013 for a lot of people.

Completely imo. While I think it's such a shame to see a traditional household name in trouble they just didn't adapt.

Online shopping is quickly becoming more and more the way to shop. Bloated high at stores can only be a huge weight. I don't think all models are in trouble and some things you have to or at least it's better to see the thing first, but not music or film.

So I agree, don't think this was about the economy at all.

There's not many things I need to go to the high street for that I can't get much easier online or at the local supermarket.

It's also so much easier now to become "an expert" on the product you are buying from your armchair. Half an hour googling various reviews for a TV saves you trying to wade through various sales people's bull shit.

It will be even worse as the older generation who are not computer literate die out.

There's not many things I need to go to the high street for that I can't get much easier online or at the local supermarket.

It's also so much easier now to become "an expert" on the product you are buying from your armchair. Half an hour googling various reviews for a TV saves you trying to wade through various sales people's bull shit.

It will be even worse as the older generation who are not computer literate die out.

CT, the former salesman, showing typical heartwarming Tory values to his former comrades ....

fuck_you.jpg

Remember, Newcastle still has 3 excellent independent record shops in the shape of Reflex, RPM & Beatdown; use them or lose them

Aye, unfortunately all south of Monument now. Why did Beatdown have to move, the tits. When she "pops in" to Primark for an eternity I need somewhere nearby.

Suppose there is still Windows which is a bit closer...and I forgot about "That's Entertainment!" :lol:

I would guess it wouldn't bother you as you don't own a single album that couldn't be bought in a Tesco or Sainsbury...and not even one of the supermarkets or hypermarkets, I mean like a small Tesco Express on a street corner with a small selection of CDs in front of the tills for £3.

;)

[/size]

I would guess it wouldn't bother you as you don't own a single album that couldn't be bought in a Tesco or Sainsbury...and not even one of the supermarkets or hypermarkets, I mean like a small Tesco Express on a street corner with a small selection of CDs in front of the tills for £3.

;)

I have smooth radio therefore I need nothing else.