Loic Remy signs for QPR

Tooj

If he's off to QPR then he's not the man that we (or QPR) need. He's moving for the cash then he's not going to get stuck in when it's a tough time, because he'll always have one eye on his next pay day.

Meh, move on to the next guy

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get Cabaye performing again and Ben Arfa back then I can see Cisse getting his form back. That may be enough to keep us up but I'd feel much happier with another striker here. I'm just starting to worry that Carr's scouting may not be quite as amazing as we thought, there don't seem to be many other options in place.

I don't like losing out on targets but as others have said, the fact that he's going there means he's looking to move on again anyway. It's depressing that we're a stepping stone club but that all rests with Ashley and until he decides he's going to try and have some ambition we'll lose players.

Edited by Asprilla

Once an accountant always an accountant, eh Scott?

Seriously though if Remy gets job satisfaction from flirting with a bunch of shite who look like they simply cannot be arsed then good luck to him. So long as he's coining in his £80k a week.

If this does come off then even by footballing standards he's a mercenary bastard of the highest order - it's up there with Gyan walking out on the Mackems. Had he not refused to even entertain the idea of signing for QPR only last week his actions today might have some credence.

There won't be many QPR fans who hand on heart an see he's there for any other reason than money.

Onwards and upwards...

It's nothing to do with me being an accountant. It's about him being a 27 year old footballer who knows that this is the last big contract of his career. There's only a certain number of footballers who know they've got it in them to be honours winners, and they don't need to worry about wages, because the big clubs will pay them what they feel they're worth, and if they don't there'll be another big club willing to take them on. Then you've got everybody else. By this stage in his career, Remy knows he's which category he falls into (look at the clubs in for him ffs), so his decision about which club to pick has nothing to do with trophies, which leaves only one thing: money.

He gets presented with 2 options, both of which have the prospect of relegation, but one of which has double the salary and a relegation release clause included. It's a no brainer. He's not a mercenary for making that decision, he's just a bloke looking out for his own best interests. And if you don't like it, then find a different sport to watch, cos this is modern football - we used to be the ones dishing out these moves (and thinking it was fucking great at the time), and now we're on the receiving end.

People can talk on here about how we've got a better history, or there'll be bigger crowds and better support in a better ground, but when this bloke retires he needs money, not memories of full houses. Honestly, what use is that emotional stuff to him? You don't convince this bloke with NPV calculations, you convince him with zeros. That's how football works now, there's only Mike Ashley disagrees with that and look where it's getting him.

If he's off to QPR then he's not the man that we (or QPR) need. He's moving for the cash then he's not going to get stuck in when it's a tough time, because he'll always have one eye on his next pay day.

Meh, move on to the next guy

The problem is that bringing in one foreign mercenary, or another, always means there's a financial aspect from their point of view.

It obviously wasn't Ba's childhood dream to play for Newcastle United and nor was it Remy's, money counts.

We can all pretend, as I choose to do, that people like Ben Arfa & Cabaye love the club but we all know it's probably not true.

Ashley is very clever at what he does but he has no real ambition for NUFC, he's just a Cockney money counter.

Sorry to be negative but this has been a totally shit month to be a fan, Ba, Brighton, Arsenal, Colo, Remy, etc etc etc.

The problem is that bringing in one foreign mercenary, or another, always means there's a financial aspect from their point of view.

It obviously wasn't Ba's childhood dream to play for Newcastle United and nor was it Remy's, money counts.

We can all pretend, as I choose to do, that people like Ben Arfa & Cabaye love the club but we all know it's probably not true.

Ashley is very clever at what he does but he has no real ambition for NUFC, he's just a Cockney money counter.

Sorry to be negative but this has been a totally shit month to be a fan, Ba, Brighton, Arsenal, Colo, Remy, etc etc etc.

everything you say is negative & miserable, like your response to the Ben Arfa non story; almost as if you want him to go so you can have something else to moan about

we could have signed Messi & you'd go on about how he missed thje penalty v Chelsea & did nowt in the last World Cup.

you're not that moaning tachey cunt from Ashington who used to sit in X44 in the Gallowgate middle are you?

if Newcastle United makes you so miserable, stop supporting them & find something else to do with you time.

It's nothing to do with me being an accountant. It's about him being a 27 year old footballer who knows that this is the last big contract of his career. There's only a certain number of footballers who know they've got it in them to be honours winners, and they don't need to worry about wages, because the big clubs will pay them what they feel they're worth, and if they don't there'll be another big club willing to take them on. Then you've got everybody else. By this stage in his career, Remy knows he's which category he falls into (look at the clubs in for him ffs), so his decision about which club to pick has nothing to do with trophies, which leaves only one thing: money.

He gets presented with 2 options, both of which have the prospect of relegation, but one of which has double the salary and a relegation release clause included. It's a no brainer. He's not a mercenary for making that decision, he's just a bloke looking out for his own best interests. And if you don't like it, then find a different sport to watch, cos this is modern football - we used to be the ones dishing out these moves (and thinking it was fucking great at the time), and now we're on the receiving end.

People can talk on here about how we've got a better history, or there'll be bigger crowds and better support in a better ground, but when this bloke retires he needs money, not memories of full houses. Honestly, what use is that emotional stuff to him? You don't convince this bloke with NPV calculations, you convince him with zeros. That's how football works now, there's only Mike Ashley disagrees with that and look where it's getting him.

Actually I can't disagree with most of that. It's the total about turn that sticks in the throat though.

Gene, the Foreign Office are on the phone, they've seen your crack on here and thing you've got the right skill set to sort out the Middle East, can you give them a phone? :)

i know, i know but 4 of the biggest cunts i've ever come across who claim to be Newcastle United fans get on here & this here Albert Tatlock on suicide watch clownshoe is in danger of making it 5

:lol:

Do you need to chjange your forum?...is this the best one out there?...am only concerend for your welfare, you seem a bit tense...

this is me in a good mood....

i've never been any good at tolerating stupidity & when you've got the messageboard equivalent of Tommy from "Early Doors" droning on, tempers fray.....

this is me in a good mood....

i've never been any good at tolerating stupidity & when you've got the messageboard equivalent of Tommy from "Early Doors" droning on, tempers fray.....

Early Doors :lol: - great show

Btw, Gemmill's post above nails it for me.

Bang on the money about Ashley.

everything you say is negative & miserable, like your response to the Ben Arfa non story; almost as if you want him to go so you can have something else to moan about

we could have signed Messi & you'd go on about how he missed thje penalty v Chelsea & did nowt in the last World Cup.

you're not that moaning tachey cunt from Ashington who used to sit in X44 in the Gallowgate middle are you?

if Newcastle United makes you so miserable, stop supporting them & find something else to do with you time.

Everything over the last few weeks, except one signing, has been negative & miserable. I've only recently starting posting and, since then, it's been a nightmare.

What am I supposed to be positive about, Remy almost signing then going to one of the worst teams in the league, the relegation fight, Ba leaving, players wanting out, Ashley hiding, conceding 7 at Arsenal, crawling out of the FA Cup, etc. I don't need the likes of you to tell me about support, I haven't noticed you dancing & singing around the forum.

If you can't be civil then keep you nose out and concentrate on commenting about the club and not other posters. I don't need a self-appointed forum bouncer thanks.

Edited by Banshee

I think the main crux of the angst is that a player would rather go to a side bottom of the league and seemingly doomed than us. Money and being in London are two big factors we can't compete with, but it would be nice to think we could sell the club to a player. We've either failed to sell our club as having more ambition than QPR, or Remy is a greedy twat. Either is pretty depressing.

I think the main crux of the angst is that a player would rather go to a side bottom of the league and seemingly doomed than us. Money and being in London are two big factors we can't compete with, but it would be nice to think we could sell the club to a player. We've either failed to sell our club as having more ambition than QPR, or Remy is a greedy twat. Either is pretty depressing.

Careful now.

A 26 year old who has played his entire career in relatively low paying France moving to one of two relegation threatened clubs where the money is better isn't a greedy twat. He's securing his financial future.

The likes of Beckham, Eto, Drogba....maybe Lampard soon could be construed as greedy twats. Players who have earned top whack for years already, who could still play at the top level somewhere but choose worse leagues to add to the bank balance.

Personally I think it's a no brainer that you go where your contribution will be most valued. What does Remy owe Mike Ashley that he'll let him off with 30k a week?

A 26 year old who has played his entire career in relatively low paying France moving to one of two relegation threatened clubs where the money is better isn't a greedy twat. He's securing his financial future.

The likes of Beckham, Eto, Drogba....maybe Lampard soon could be construed as greedy twats. Players who have earned top whack for years already, who could still play at the top level somewhere but choose worse leagues to add to the bank balance.

Personally I think it's a no brainer that you go where your contribution will be most valued. What does Remy owe Mike Ashley that he'll let him off with 30k a week?

Sad but true.

Shame, 'cos I think he would have fitted in a lot better here than at QPR. He'd work well in a team with Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse and he's the kind of character that the fans here would love. Ah well, money talks and it really is a bloody daft deal from QPR's point of view so it doesn't quite feel as if he's being poached by a rival team. I may not be saying that in May when he scores to send us down and keep them up though...

That's a definite RGP, and hard to disagree with any of it, however, he's still a mercenary cunt. Where's his professional integrity? Peter Beardsley signed for the toon on £3500, when Derby offered him £6000 to go there. I know he has no emotional attachment to the club, but he'll look a cunt when QPR get relegated. Sad that people are more driven by money these days than they used to be. Keegan would've had him sold on the club before they'd even discussed terms as well.

Aye, last away game of the season is at Loftus Road....you can see it now....Remy scoring from a Shane Ferguson cross, after they take the diminutive Ulsterman on loan till the end of the season...we "do a LuaLua" in the admin department again and he's allowed to play...you couldnt make it up...well, suppose I just have, in a way...

Aye, last away game of the season is at Loftus Road....you can see it now....Remy scoring from a Shane Ferguson cross, after they take the diminutive Ulsterman on loan till the end of the season...we "do a LuaLua" in the admin department again and he's allowed to play...you couldnt make it up...well, suppose I just have, in a way...

We'll be safe by then.