Steven Taylor

JawD

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I think you're about the only person whose opinion I would take seriously who rates him. Even then you don't want him starting, which says quite a lot :lol:

Aye I think we are generally thinking along the same lines most of the time but I know you've had a long held distain for him. Tbh if he could stay fit I'd probably start him ahead of Colo now as I think he'd be a better foil for Mbemba and I think Colo is pretty much finished now. Again it's not really a ringing endoursement.

He is a moron like but I also think he's a good premier league centre half. He's had too many injuries over his career which has hampered his development, but I've always been happy to see him in the side - admittedly that probably also speaks volumes for the dross we've had in the side in his absence, particularly Williamson. Taylor and Coloccini together when Colo was at his peak was a very good centre half pairing, possibly as good as any we've had in my time watching Newcastle. You need that level of physicality in the defence and not many have got it while also being mobile and comfortable enough on the ball... If he didn't carry on like such a divvy, and didn't start spouting off in the Chronicle all the time, people might rate him a bit higher. The odd clanger doesn't help him either obviously. Anyway, too injury prone to be a long term solution at centre half now that Colo is on the way out.

All that may be true but he didn't put a foot wrong for 90mins yesterday which is ultimately what he's paid for

He's paid to play, which he's hardly done with over half the season gone. Like a lot of seasons in fact.

He's paid to play, which he's hardly done with over half the season gone. Like a lot of seasons in fact.

You can't deny he's been unlucky with injuries though can you?

Aye Anichebe usually manages to do something against us but he is one of the worst strikers I've seen in this league. It wasn't the biggest challenge for him and Chelsea will no doubt provide a much more difficult match. But he's been playing for us for long enough now that we don't need to judge him on the West Brom game or the Chelsea one. We know what he's like by now surely.

No I can't. However I'd have more time for him if he hadn't spent so much time injured, unluckily or not.

According to Physioroom.com only one player has suffered more injuries for us in the past 20 odd years.

shola-ameobi-166696973.jpg

Edited by The Fish

He's not shit at all. Hot headed and a numpty at times, but he's a pretty good CB and not afraid to carry the ball either. personally, I'd pick him over Colo if he continues to play like this over 3 games. Colo can be great but more often than not now his physical ability is letting him down.