Refereeing

The Fish

Is this thing on?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do people honestly care that they swear? Couldnt care less about that. It's the complaining and trying to win decisions that annoys me. Only the captain should be talking to refs unless personally addressed.

I think its more that when some players are excessively swearing it is sometimes in an intimidatory manner towards the ref. This may be a way of influencing how the referee governs the game and future decisions for or against their team. Agree with what you say about the captain.

Do people honestly care that they swear? Couldnt care less about that. It's the complaining and trying to win decisions that annoys me. Only the captain should be talking to refs unless personally addressed.

It's about the context. Saying "Fuck's sake" or whatever I'm not bothered about at all but telling the ref to "Fuck off" as you often see the likes of Rooney do should be unacceptable / a straight red imo.

I don't know about straight red but defo a yellow. Then when the thick mug did it again 5 minutes later give him another yellow and kick him.

Broadcasting the conversations would then be a must because the dopey belligerent morons would obviously complain unless there was evidence against them.

But what about all the foreign players. Ref's could be getting sworn at (or not sworn at) in any no. of languages and they wouldn't know it. What's Slovak for 'fuck off'? Who knows? Balkan dialects sound like they're comprised of nothing but filthy language. You could be getting told to do one or being asked the what time the next bus leaves town.

Ref in our league sent a lad off for saying "fuckkkk offff " when he mishit something, a player from the other team said "for fuck sake ref wise up" and he got booked and all :lol:

:lol:

Would be interesting to see how many people he would be willing to send off if that chain had gone on :lol: