Luton vs Liverpool

catmag

Anyone watching this one? Ferking hell - it's a proper cup tie.

When it was 3-1 to Luton I was delighted - no Liverpool for us to come up against in the next round would be nice! Now? Well.....erm....sheeeeyit. :lol:

Sadly it looks like the referee has been a major deciding influence on the outcome. Firstly in giving Liverpool an erroneous penalty (which they fortunately missed) then by not sending off the Liverpool goalkeeper Carson when as the last man he felled an attacker who was clean through on goal.

Good fightback by Liverpool but they were ably assisted by another gutless big team referee. Luton did rather capitulate but I won't let that get in the way of my big team referees rant

Sadly it looks like the referee has been a major deciding influence on the outcome. Firstly in giving Liverpool an erroneous penalty (which they fortunately missed) then by not sending off the Liverpool goalkeeper Carson when as the last man he felled an attacker who was clean through on goal.

75987[/snapback]

Not the case - the referee got that penalty wrong. Firstly the incident began outside of the penalty area and then replay clearly shows that Carson had no contact with Vine who stepped on the keeper and then went to ground. Tough one to call by the ref though.

You're either a closet scouse sympathiser or a big team referee apologist, I can see no other reason for your massively wrongheaded opinions in this matter. Anyway, what better way for us all to vent our frustration at a sadly predictable outcome than to accuse the ref of big team bias? Hinting both at the gutless fear of a potential backlash and at the implication of a slimy backhander in some dark corner of Merseyside.

Referees are scum and deserve to be blamed at every turn for almost any footballing misfortune. To be honest I'd blame them for my extra-footballing failings if I thought I could get away with it. Officious little ponces.

75987[/snapback]

Not the case - the referee got that penalty wrong. Firstly the incident began outside of the penalty area and then replay clearly shows that Carson had no contact with Vine who stepped on the keeper and then went to ground. Tough one to call by the ref though.

75993[/snapback]

Its a moot point whether it actually was a pen - what matters to me is why yellow and not red once the pen is given?

I don't care what Dan says about "last man" - dead centre, just inside (:lol:) the box with defenders chasing back is a goal-scoring opprtunity in my view

You're either a closet scouse sympathiser or a big team referee apologist, I can see no other reason for your massively wrongheaded opinions in this matter. Anyway, what better way for us all to vent our frustration at a sadly predictable outcome than to accuse the ref of big team bias? Hinting both at the gutless fear of a potential backlash and at the implication of a slimy backhander in some dark corner of Merseyside.

Referees are scum and deserve to be blamed at every turn for almost any footballing misfortune. To be honest I'd blame them for my extra-footballing failings if I thought I could get away with it. Officious little ponces.

76001[/snapback]

And just like the Murphy's - you're not bitter :lol:

Please note - I am neither a Scouse sympathiser, nor a BTRA. I just watched the replays a couple of times.

NJS - No idea why it was a yellow and take your point :lol:

NJS - No idea why it was a yellow and take your point :lol:

76003[/snapback]

Well I do know - he was wearing a Liverpool shirt - I feel about scousers how Django feels about ref :lol:

Anyone watching this one?  Ferking hell - it's a proper cup tie.

When it was 3-1 to Luton I was delighted - no Liverpool for us to come up against in the next round would be nice!  Now?  Well.....erm....sheeeeyit.  :lol:

75983[/snapback]

On the contrary, I was glad of the final result - one less fizzy pop league team able to embarass us!!!

We expect to be beaten by Liverpool, but I reckon Luton would have trounced us if they had been playing us today.

Absolutely fantastic cup tie though. Spoilt only by Motty's ramblings, some pathetic camera work and that tit Wright :lol:

Edited by snakehips

I had a feeling Beresford might stuggle to get back for the last goal, seeing as it took him about half an hour to get forward for the corner :rolleyes: