Places to play Squash - any recommendations?

ajax_andy

Edlon Leisure as has been said. Ponetland Leisure Centre also has courts, or the Lightfood in Walker.

Cheers mate, looks like Eldon Leisure is going to be the best option.

No idea how to play or what the rules are though...

Cheers mate, looks like Eldon Leisure is going to be the best option.

No idea how to play or what the rules are though...

Its not hard to pick up but Its a fucking killer like :lol:. Keeps you fit!

Its not hard to pick up but Its a fucking killer like :lol:. Keeps you fit!

Aye it's mainly for the fitness tbh as am getting quite unfit doing no sport. Tennis is the other option so that might be slightly more enjoyable and I at least know the rules!

It's too aerobic. These short bursts of intense activity tend to lead to catastrophic myocardial infarction. You can easily be blinded by the ball too if you don't wear goggles. Have you considered badminton?

Girl friends father is county squash champion, been playing for years and his knee's and ankles are pretty fucked.

But, I would say hes better doing that than sat eating shite like CT ;)

Aye all sport will ruin you at the end of the day... even just running ruins your knees.

Might have to be careful though as forgot I've seriously done both my ankles at points playing footy... one took 2 years to even be stable enough to play again, and the other 6 months but every now and then would go again. I have a good ankle support so hopefully that'll keep me right.

It's too aerobic. These short bursts of intense activity tend to lead to catastrophic myocardial infarction. You can easily be blinded by the ball too if you don't wear goggles. Have you considered badminton?

Is it more aerobic than 5-a-side though which is constant bursts of sprinting?

Haha badminton? Erm no thanks :D