Newcastle sign four year shirt deal with ''Wonga''

Holden McGroin

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? :lol:

I've never been but I can't say I've ever been drawn to it.

Brilliant place, generally good really funny people, but you have to avoid the subject of football because if you think Newcastle is a bubble, go to Glasgow. They genuinely believe the footballing world hierarchy is Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man You-ny-tit, Celtic and Rangers. Actually a beautiful city centre I'd say.

Brilliant place, generally good really funny people, but you have to avoid the subject of football because if you think Newcastle is a bubble, go to Glasgow. They genuinely believe the footballing world hierarchy is Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man You-ny-tit, Celtic and Rangers. Actually a beautiful city centre I'd say.

Well I stand corrected. I heard it had got better in recent years and was quite arty but still....saying that, I'm basing my view of the place on Rangers/Celtic fans who are generally people I am happy to be miles away from.

Usually an older bloke when we used it (in my yoof), I would be a gadgie now, you wouldn't.

Well, any bloke would have been older when we were bairns? So maybe. Not sure Ive heard any grown up use it so dunno.

Cheers...and a radgie? Or am I just making that up now?

Aye a radgie was similar to scotchie but also had a hint of being a nutter with it.

Like if you were picking a kid off the ground for being cheeky he might shout "hoy man y' radgie"

Also commonly said in sequence with charver in the 90s "ye radgie charver" also suggesting a charver off his head.

really? don't get me wrong i love glasgow like and have friends there, but it's the only place where i've stepped outta the train station and witnessed two stabbings on the main shopping street on the same day :lol:

There's been stabbings ootside the Taj Mahal too. I think the view from the bottom of Sauchiehall Street is one of the greatest in the UK, and George Square is lovely too. It was the fourth biggest city in Europe in the 19th century, a lot of money flowed through Glasgow, which is why its' architecture can be so spectacular.

Aye a radgie was similar to scotchie but also had a hint of being a nutter with it.

Like if you were picking a kid off the ground for being cheeky he might shout "hoy man y' radgie"

Also commonly said in sequence with charver in the 90s "ye radgie charver" also suggesting a charver off his head.

Can you remember "rarfy" instead of radgie too?

Well, any bloke would have been older when we were bairns? So maybe. Not sure Ive heard any grown up use it so dunno.

Different age groups use things with different context's I guess. I haven't used "gadgie" for as long as I can remember, but do use codge/codger. I would guess as I am now a "gadgie" I use the next term up for those older than me. Once I'm a codger I guess all I'll have left to use is corpse.

Can you remember "rarfy" instead of radgie too?

We used Ralphy, that was a reference to Ralph Gardner school "pupils" next to the Ridges (now Meadowell) or those like them. Mid sixties.

Edited by Toonpack

Different age groups use things with different context's I guess. I haven't used "gadgie" for as long as I can remember, but do use codge/codger. I would guess as I am now a "gadgie" I use the next term up for those older than me. Once I'm a codger I guess all I'll have left to use is corpse.

:lol: Aye likely. Ive used "gadger" as well. I wonder if thats a mix of your codger and gadgie?

:lol: Aye likely. Ive used "gadger" as well. I wonder if thats a mix of your codger and gadgie?

Not heard that one (neither at the coast or elsewhere - for clarity)

Edited by Toonpack

:lol: he did respond as well. What a fud as they say in Glasgow. Most boring man I've seen on here, more comfortable talking about finance than football.

Get it right, fud was also used 100 odd miles from Glasgow in the Borders, ask anyone they'd tell you am right ;)

Radge(d) is used as an adjective north of the border "that cunts radged";)