Newcastle sign four year shirt deal with ''Wonga''

Holden McGroin

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the start of your downfall in this thread. Do you understand what the word "seem" means? Seem in this instance, was used to describe my feelings on where this word is used. I don't use it as a definitive sentence. My understanding of it is mirrored by several people from the coast, Wallsend and the East End who have never heard of it. So my understanding of it quite clearly is not shite.

Who ?? The several people from the coast who have participated in/ have knowledge of this thread, are of the exact opposite to "your understanding". Or has JawD's lass from Holywell (not the coast) been cloned ???

Who ?? The several people from the coast who have participated in/ have knowledge of this thread, are of the exact opposite to "your understanding". Or has JawD's lass from Holywell (not the coast) been cloned ???

What to do is when you're making a reply to me, copy and paste your comments in PM to someone, and get them to post what you have to say on here as their's, and I might take them more seriously.

What to do is when you're making a reply to me, copy and paste your comments in PM to someone, and get them to post what you have to say on here as their's, and I might take them more seriously.

Who are the "several people from the coast" who disagree with the real "several other people from the coast" ????

Purely because this is hilarious:

I lived for 20 years in the idyllic seaside village of Seaton Sluice and have never once heard the phrase "Scotchy" until this week.

I lived for 20 years in the idyllic seaside village of Seaton Sluice and have never once heard the phrase "Scotchy" until this week.

I went to the Crescent Café for some ice cream last weekend. Its no Minchellas.

It's largely been replaced by Charva in the last 15/20 years.

Anyway, the Sluice ain't "the coast" matey and no metro line for them to get near you.

The coast runs from the North Pier at Tynemouth through Whitley Bay and ends at the DMZ represented by the pitch and put and the cemetary, St Mary's lighthouse is like "the coast's" forward observation post overlooking the Scotchie Summer Holiday caravan park.

It's largely been replaced by Charva in the last 15/20 years.

Anyway, the Sluice ain't "the coast" matey and no metro line for them to get near you.

The coast runs from the North Pier at Tynemouth through Whitley Bay and ends at the DMZ represented by the pitch and put and the cemetary, St Mary's lighthouse is like "the coast's" forward observation post overlooking the Scotchie Summer Holiday caravan park.

Sorry mate, I think you're losing this one. Where do you think I spent most of my formative years? Whitley Bay of course. Never heard Scotchy at all.

From Wallsend to Blaydon is bamptastic basically. Call it what you like.

I lived in Hebburn, but knew of the word Scotchy mainly because I served the dregs of society in Bliss Nightclub on a Friday and Saturday night,

Hark at Lord fucking Snooty.

I used to sometimes get in Bliss back in my young single days but can't ever recall being served by a Ginger lanky streak of piss with a disdainful look on his face as if he'd got a sunday morning fart full on up his snooty nostrils . ;)

Hark at Lord fucking Snooty.

I used to sometimes get in Bliss back in my young single days but can't ever recall being served by a Ginger lanky streak of piss with a disdainful look on his face as if he'd got a sunday morning fart full on up his snooty nostrils . ;)

That's cos he saw you coming and got someone else to serve you in his stead, the snobby bastard.

Sorry mate, I think you're losing this one. Where do you think I spent most of my formative years? Whitley Bay of course. Never heard Scotchy at all.

Well if my lads used it as younguns (25 and 28 respectively now) and who also lived all their formative years at "the coast" there aint no argument to lose.

This sand dancer has known the term as long as I can remember....would more likely call someone a woodbine bamp or "ashy" (ashgrove) tramp.

I was going to mention Ashy but thought it would be a bit too local.

I have to say I'm not that familiar with Scotchy like.

This was the start of your downfall in this thread. Do you understand what the word "seem" means? Seem in this instance, was used to describe my feelings on where this word is used.

What a hypocritic. I said imo it was something from the coast and this caused you utter outrage, now 2 pages later you're telling me what you said was fine because you said 'seems' to you. Have you any idea how ridiculous that makes you look? One thing that does wind me up is people who cant keep track of what they are saying.

I wasnt trying to patronise you either massively over-sensitive bairn. From telling me that i dont know what i'm talking about and i dont know what words we used as kids to now telling me whether i meant something as i wind up. I dont know how you dare go on like that, i really dont. Are you not a bit ashamed to be telling me what i think and what i mean, even if i immediately try to set you straight?

You've lost it. The irrelevant points about the word being related to Scotswood road, which you apparently deny? I've seen you try and dismiss points as irrelevant a hundred times on here, it doesnt work with me.

Well if my lads used it as younguns (25 and 28 respectively now) and who also lived all their formative years at "the coast" there aint no argument to lose.

Maybe it's just that your younguns hung out with pikeys who weren't from the coast?

I didn't associate around with pikeys, charvas or scotchy's, except when we needed numbers for football or someone to scare the game out of the brush

I was going to mention Ashy but thought it would be a bit too local.

You didn't have to live on ashgrove to be ashy either, just anywhere close. Some nerve for someone like me from The Hill to be calling anyone Ashy tbf.

This was the start of your downfall in this thread.

Oh and by the way, a line straight out the J69 playbook and getting back up off Gene. I'm not the one falling down here, i just hope you dont get stuck in a traffic jam on the Scotswood road going home tonight and set off to buy a can of coke from an asian corner shop.

Maybe it's just that your younguns hung out with pikeys who weren't from the coast?

I didn't associate around with pikeys, charvas or scotchy's, except when we needed numbers for football or someone to scare the game out of the brush

Nope, see my earlier post for the context in which they used the word. Wasn't used as a term of endearment in respect of their chums.

Irrespective of the reason behind their use of the word, they used/heard it as did Chez as did HF, non of whom are restricted to Stevie's "the only place the word is used" area.

Edited by Toonpack

You didn't have to live on ashgrove to be ashy either, just anywhere close. Some nerve for someone like me from The Hill to be calling anyone Ashy tbf.

I had a mate at school who lived at that end of Prince Edward rd who I never thought of as rough or anything but then one time another mate from school and one of my "home" mates decided to have each other out and this lad turned up to watch with a load of his Ashy mates who were fucking horrible to a man.