Lineker apologises for 'eating grass' comment aimed at Muslim players' prayer celebration

Tooj

they do, on the other hand he could do with growing a pair and apologising properly, I don't think for a minute he didn't know what they were doing and that sorry excuse for an apology hes put out is worse than him holding his hands up imo

Big apology would make this rumble on imo.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't have to be big

something other than a sort of sarcastic apology along the lines of "oh im sorry, cant be expected to know everything now can I?" which is bullshit

What the fuck should he be apologising for man? They do look like they're eating grass, and his comment was no more or less offensive than just pointing that fact out.

I think he did know they were muslims and just made a daft joke. But if he didn't, it's certainly not his job to know which religion each player is anymore than he should know what car they drive.

And he definitely shouldn't be issuing any sort of apology.

The amount of fucking egg shells getting trodden on around the muslim faith is indeed getting ridiculous - by all means let people take their own beliefs seriously but for fuck sake they need to take a look around them and stop forcing their outrage on others. If someone makes a joke out of something that you don't find funny then by all means ignore it but for a faith trying to shed it's irrational, violent and backward image they do a damn good job of keeping up appearances.

How many times do you hear people ribbing on the pope being a Nazi or looking like Emperor Palpatine? Do the Catholics start rioting about it and burning effigies? No. Someone takes the piss out of Jews being tight or having their foreskins lopped off, do we see Rabbis and the like putting prices on people's heads? No. It's about time the civilised world (and by that I include those muslims out there that aren't tarnished by the extreme brush) to tell the fucking loony durka durka gang to settle down.

The amount of fucking egg shells getting trodden on around the muslim faith is indeed getting ridiculous - by all means let people take their own beliefs seriously but for fuck sake they need to take a look around them and stop forcing their outrage on others. If someone makes a joke out of something that you don't find funny then by all means ignore it but for a faith trying to shed it's irrational, violent and backward image they do a damn good job of keeping up appearances.

How many times do you hear people ribbing on the pope being a Nazi or looking like Emperor Palpatine? Do the Catholics start rioting about it and burning effigies? No. Someone takes the piss out of Jews being tight or having their foreskins lopped off, do we see Rabbis and the like putting prices on people's heads? No. It's about time the civilised world (and by that I include those muslims out there that aren't tarnished by the extreme brush) to tell the fucking loony durka durka gang to settle down.

Couldn't agree more. Just because they take their whacko religion seriously doesn't mean the rest of us have to. Public apology ffs

Couldn't agree more. Just because they take their whacko religion seriously doesn't mean the rest of us have to. Public apology ffs

he was on Al Jazeera

its like going and insulting roman catholics on vatican TV, how is it that he shouldn't apologise?

Anyone think Gene might be George Galloway? Same fucked up political views, both western converts to Islam, both odious cunts....

cheers mate; i'm not, but thanks for thinking of me.

enjoy the game today did you?

The utter lack of outrage from Buddhists over the Fat Budhha chain of pubs shows the Muslims how to go about it , tbh

And Gene is an outrageous radical atheist, but that's besides the point.

"stay out of churches son; all they got is the key to the shithouse" - william s burroughs

We lost 3-0 and had barely a shot on target, so understandably I'm not happy. Although what the result meant in your fucked up head is anyone's guess.

is that your maladroit way of asking what i thought of the game?

I'm not interested in what you thought of the game. I am interested in why you think your opinion of a police national memorial counts for shit, or why your coward of a cousin doesn't carry his warrant card while in plain clothes, or why anyone here should give a shit what you thought of what life was like in Britain in the 70s even though your first hand account was formed while you were barely out of short trousers, but as WE've all seen, explaining these sort of things is all well beyond your abilities.

i was wearing short trousers yesterday morning; it was lovely in low Low Fell

Rocky, dont be a twat all your life mate, have a night off :)

Hows the missus and bairns?....have you found them yet or is the court order still doing its job?

never mind that, he's been having a relationship with a 19 year old daughter of mine i never even knew existed

He said the other night that people dont act online as they do in real life......so he's actually choosing to be an odious wanker folks, just in case theres anyone unsure about that side of his err "personality".....

i reckon he's probably a cracking bloke in real life; dead popular, amusing & a pillar of the community.

Well by all accounts, Gemmil is funny in real life, so it's pretty obvious he changes when he comes on here, unless of course his real life friends are utter mongs. And as we all know, Gene is George Galloway in real life, so clearly he's actually downplaying the crazy when he's on this forum. Not much, but enough to make the statement true in that case too.

you've just said i'm not George; now you're saying i am.

why are you so mercurial?

Just to be clear, are you just continuing this claim for comedy effect or do you actually believe this is what I said, and this is just another example of how your classical education left you apparently unable to parse sentences.

so, which poster is this 19 year old daughter i didn't know i had, with whom you're having a relationship?

should i call you son?