Free rail travel for police today

essembeeofsunderland

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMB doesn't say who provided the free tickets. If their police union paid it then it wasn't free. If it was the various rail companies then that's between them and their shareholders and customers. If the govt paid it in these days of cuts then I'd question it.

If you have nothing constructive to say,then stay silent,and if you have,please don't swear.If you don't have an explanation,maybe you are also stupid.

The news said rail companies or a rail company provided free travel.

alright

2 young women were murdered, callously, in the line of duty, that duty being to protect the people of this country.

Their colleagues should have been, and were, allowed to pay their respects to them without having to worry about the cost of traveling to their funerals.

apologies if I seem abrasive on the subject but I genuinely can't believe you needed that explaining to you which leads me to think you're asking with an agenda, which you havbe kindly provided by asking if someone died at your work would you get the same courtesy.

This isn't an average "someone died at work" , this is two police officers murdered while doing their jobs

Sky news reported today that police officers who attended the funeral today of one of their colleagues in Manchester received free rail travel.Why ?

Police travel for free on all public transport in Greater Manchester.

Sky news reported today that police officers who attended the funeral today of one of their colleagues in Manchester received free rail travel.Why ?

A work friend died a year ago and the company put on free travel for those who wanted to go to the funeral during work hours.

We were paid as well, although most people sent the money to charity.

I don't have any problems with the Police getting free travel.

If you have a problem with that I feel sorry for you if that's all that bothers you in life.

Just to clear something up, if an acting police officer accepts free travel they're technically "on-duty" if something happens on that journey.

Personally, I've no problem with a few police officers getting free rail travel from the train company to mourn the loss of 2 officers who were killed in cold blood. To be honest if smborsunderland works for a company that got the shit that the police do and two of his colleagues were senselessly murdered, I hope he refuses any "alms" on principle.

There are many many more things to get irate about. The millions the country loses in tax "avoidance" from the people who can really afford to pay their share, for a fucking start. £1,000 for a few coppers to pay their respects is a piss in the Atlantic.

I am more pissed off at the benefit scroungers than some coppers getting free travel FFS.

BINGO!

Aye there's more things to worry about for definite, for example, if you're unemployed a scrounger and you're worried about how the fuck you're going to pay the bills and all stuff life throws at you. I've not got a problem with this free travel thing in the whole however I would question anyone travelling miles to another part of the country to attend the funeral of someone they'd never heard of last week. (How many people rolled their eyes at the Diana handwringers or have a pop at scousers?). The fact that they were allowed free travel is a matter for the company that took the decision to give them this benefit and their shareholders.

(If I was skint and my church going, law abiding pillar of the community Grandmother died would I get free travel to attend her funeral? Of course not).

Edited by Howmanheyman

BINGO!

Aye there's more things to worry about for definite, for example, if you're unemployed a scrounger and you're worried about how the fuck you're going to pay the bills and all stuff life throws at you. I've not got a problem with this free travel thing in the whole however I would question anyone travelling miles to another part of the country to attend the funeral of someone they'd never heard of last week. (How many people rolled their eyes at the Diana handwringers or have a pop at scousers?). The fact that they were allowed free travel is a matter for the company that took the decision to give them this benefit and their shareholders.

(If I was skint and my church going, law abiding pillar of the community Grandmother died would I get free travel to attend her funeral? Of course not).

I don't get your argument, a private company made a goodwill gesture to the Police Force as an entity and you're begrudging them the chance to mourn the loss of 2 young women who've been senselessly murdered? Should the soldiers around the country not be allowed to mourn servicemen and women whom they've never met?

How many of the police officers knew the police officers whose funeral they attended.

Did the relatives of the 1,433 people who have died due to `police contact' since 1990 receive free rail travel to attend the funerals.

I wonder how serious the police will look into `blame'when the next rail disaster comes along.

Is it legal for the police to accept freebies .

I don't get your argument, a private company made a goodwill gesture to the Police Force as an entity and you're begrudging them the chance to mourn the loss of 2 young women who've been senselessly murdered? Should the soldiers around the country not be allowed to mourn servicemen and women whom they've never met?

I'm begrudging them fuck all, if their perfectly normal feelings of empathy stretch to them attending the funeral of a stranger and a Rail Company decides to foot the bill then good for them. My heart goes out to this young lasses family who is missing, it's truly heartbreaking and as a parent myself I can't imagine what they're going through. If she turns up dead shall I travel down to her funeral or just let her family and friends grieve? If it's the former will the East Coast line pick up the tab?

Edited by Howmanheyman