Elvis

Christmas Tree

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point exactly. Both of these artistes were massive at the time. Looking back and cherry picking what you think was cool (good taste) is not the same as living through it and appreciating it for what it was at the time.

This one time, at woodstock....... for another day.

My parents also lived through it and both have totally different tastes than yee as well! :wink2:

All the 80s pop now is dated because of its production anyway IMO. The extent of the 80s stuff in my collection is some US College Rock, British Indie, some rap and the odd album from the 60s/70s superstars who managed to fart out something decent. I think it's maybe the worst decade for music but the really good stuff is some of the best ever.

ELVIS wasn't alive in the 80s though so he would have helped it a fair bit.

I know the sort.....

come_on_eileen.jpg

Explains the pot. ;)

:lol: Nah. My mam was a bit of a rocker, AC/DC are her favourite ever band and she always goes on about how seeing them at the Mayfair was by far the best gig she's ever seen.

Me dad likes his funk music, Beatles, Floyd and all that sort of stuff.

All the 80s pop now is dated because of its production anyway IMO. The extent of the 80s stuff in my collection is some US College Rock, British Indie, some rap and the odd album from the 60s/70s superstars who managed to fart out something decent. I think it's maybe the worst decade for music but the really good stuff is some of the best ever.

ELVIS wasn't alive in the 80s though so he would have helped it a fair bit.

Ooozing classics