Elvis

Christmas Tree

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate Elvis' music and the legacy that he has created for himself.

Can't say I rank him anywhere near my favourite bunch of artists though.

I appreciate Elvis' music and the legacy that he has created for himself.

Can't say I rank him anywhere near my favourite bunch of artists though.

Aye, was basically going to say exactly that. "His Latest Flame" is a corker mind.

Songs need to be 2 minutes long again.

Too right. You hear the chorus twice and that's all you need, son. Jordanaires playing their bollocks off at the back, a fade out and bang, you're done. As Musical President, I say you're not allowed to repeat your chorus more than 3 times in one song from now on/

Quite interested on your own take on his various different styles though CT. ;)

Hey I'm no music expert or in much of a position to comment (listening to Buck's Fizz - Land of make believe, while watching the best of Lenny Everett).

But I was basically getting at his early rockabilly thru to Gospel and all Inbetween. Quite a shift in styles for those days.

Pffft!

I've seen man-mountains reduced to blubbering ninnys by this

http://youtu.be/88BMI5bkI-U

No chance, Lance. His Latest Flame is a song to get on with your life when your girl has left you. Sure he's crying but is the piano letting up for a second? Is it balls. It's inspiring in the same way a good friend buying you 6 shots of Jack Daniels and a one night stand is. Always on My Mind? That maudlin sack of greeting card poetry? It's the musical equivalent of making mixtapes and sniffing whatever is left of her perfume/underwear in your house. Marie's The Name ends with an outro, a mantra of the title over and over. Elvis is going to do something about it and he's going to do it with his considerable testicles in a wheelbarrow and he's going to fuck her sister. It's untouchable.

Today's musicians could learn a lot from the 80's .

Too much effort in over complicating a good tune.

Currently listening to "The definitive Eighties" and virtually every one a classic.

That's the idea of those compilations though. :lol:

Also I totally disagree with you as I probably listen to a lot more music than you as well as a wider variation.

Also I'm not knocking the 80s as I have shit loads of 80s music in my collection before you say that too.

That's the idea of those compilations though. :lol:

Also I totally disagree with you as I probably listen to a lot more music than you as well as a wider variation.

Also I'm not knocking the 80s as I have shit loads of 80s music in my collection before you say that too.

Maybe, but you are probally too musically snobby to appreciate a real game changer like this.

Or an Icon like

No chance, Lance. His Latest Flame is a song to get on with your life when your girl has left you. Sure he's crying but is the piano letting up for a second? Is it balls. It's inspiring in the same way a good friend buying you 6 shots of Jack Daniels and a one night stand is. Always on My Mind? That maudlin sack of greeting card poetry? It's the musical equivalent of making mixtapes and sniffing whatever is left of her perfume/underwear in your house. Marie's The Name ends with an outro, a mantra of the title over and over. Elvis is going to do something about it and he's going to do it with his considerable testicles in a wheelbarrow and he's going to fuck her sister. It's untouchable.

:lol: Just read the lyrics twice looking for the Buster's Revenge bit.

Anyway, this Marie sounds canny, any pics?

Maybe, but you are probally too musically snobby to appreciate a real game changer like this.

Or an Icon like

It's got nothing to do with being too snobby. It's about having taste. ;)

It's got nothing to do with being too snobby. It's about having taste. ;)

My point exactly. Both of these artistes were massive at the time. Looking back and cherry picking what you think was cool (good taste) is not the same as living through it and appreciating it for what it was at the time.

This one time, at woodstock....... for another day.