Electrical Appliances

Christmas Tree

What is your favourite non media (phone ipod pc etc) type appliance and what is your least favourite. For the benefit of the ladies and to avoid doubt, batteries are included?

My favourite is my electric can opener. I can not conceive a time when I would return to a hand worked device. Surely the only suitable place for such a thing is Beamish.

It also opens bottles and sharpens knives. Must have owned it for around 10 years or so.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4226749/Trail/searchtext%3ETIN+OPENER.htm

550168776_o.jpg?nc=877

My Least favourite is the George Foreman. It is so easy to use yet so hard to clean. Surely George could have found a way to make it dish washer friendly or at least removable grills to clean in the sink.

George, I love you hate you.

31%2BK-sG67bL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get them with removable dishwasher grills, I'm sure.

Non-media, mine is probably my Garmin GPS Heart Rate Monitor watch thing. Class if you go out running regularly.

I love that both of yours are related to food consumption btw. ;)

Honestly, I don't own an electrical appliance that isn't media based.

Edit: Forgot my clippers, so it'll be them, by default :dunno:

Edited by The Fish

Guest CabayeAye

You can get them with removable dishwasher grills, I'm sure.

Non-media, mine is probably my Garmin GPS Heart Rate Monitor watch thing. Class if you go out running regularly.

I love that both of yours are related to food consumption btw. ;)

I use my iphone for that. HRM, GPS and music all in one, plus it logs all the details of your runs, I love it!

Best non-media thing that is electronic would have to be my bass. Or my headphones. Or both!

I use my iphone for that. HRM, GPS and music all in one, plus it logs all the details of your runs, I love it!

Best non-media thing that is electronic would have to be my bass. Or my headphones. Or both!

How does your iPhone measure your heart rate? Do you have to buy a separate chest strap or something?

I love how CT calls people lazy bastards for parking close to the Supermarket enterance, then his fave device is a fucking can opener. Now that is LAZY!

Mine, has to be my Tacx Flow Turbo Trainer, I would be lost without it when its weather like this.

tacxflow.jpg

Also, my Garmin Edge 500 GPS computer for my bikes.

Garmin-500-review.jpg

Guest CabayeAye

Ah nice one, how much? Might get one for the missus.

£60. Do a google shopping search. You need an iPhone 4S or a phone with bluetooth for this one to work. If you have a 4 or 3G, you need a different model with a dongle thing. I wouldn't fancy running around with a dongle thing waiting to get knocked out/snapped off, so would heartily (lol) reccomnend the bluetooth version.